Review: could Chantix cause Mental disorder?
Summary: Mental disorder is found among people who take Chantix, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Albuterol, and have Quit smoking.
We study 63,206 people who have side effects while taking Chantix from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,241 have Mental disorder. Find out below who they are, when they have Mental disorder and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Chantix and have Mental disorder >>>
Chantix has active ingredients of varenicline tartrate. It is often used in quit smoking. (latest outcomes from 64,443 Chantix users)
Mental disorder (a psychological term for a mental or behavioural pattern or anomaly that causes distress or disability) has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, birth control, pain, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 20,984 Mental disorder patients)
On Mar, 11, 2015: 63,206 people reported to have side effects when taking Chantix. Among them, 2,241 people (3.55%) have Mental Disorder.
Time on Chantix when people have Mental disorder * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Mental disorder||29.72%||52.75%||8.43%||7.10%||2.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Mental disorder when taking Chantix * :
|Mental disorder||60.06%||39.94% |
Age of people who have Mental disorder when taking Chantix * :
|Mental disorder||0.00%||0.00%||0.38%||10.58%||19.44%||31.10%||30.84%||7.66% |
Severity of Mental disorder when taking Chantix ** :
How people recovered from Mental disorder ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (1,652 people, 73.72%)
- Depression (257 people, 11.47%)
- Anxiety (227 people, 10.13%)
- Hypertension (180 people, 8.03%)
- Pain (173 people, 7.72%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Albuterol (100 people, 4.46%)
- Klonopin (82 people, 3.66%)
- Oxycodone (75 people, 3.35%)
- Xanax (72 people, 3.21%)
- Hydrocodone (71 people, 3.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of chantix and mental disorder on
Do you have Mental Disorder while taking Chantix?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Chantix and have Mental Disorder
- support group for people who take Chantix
- support group for people who have Mental Disorder
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Chantix related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Chantix, Buspar, Celexa for a 37-year old woman who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Loestrin Fe 1/20, Chantix for a 35-year old woman who has Prescriptions - How To Fill
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Baclofen, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Fentanyl, Chantix for a 53-year old woman who has Quit Smoking
- Comparions of Chantix, Effexor Xr for a 52-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Bupropion Hydrochloride, Chantix, Wellbutrin Sr for a 26-year old man who has Smoking And Smokeless Tobacco
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.