Review: could Chantix cause Migraine?
Summary: Migraine is found among people who take Chantix, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Nexium, and have Quit smoking.
We study 63,212 people who have side effects while taking Chantix from FDA and social media. Among them, 463 have Migraine. Find out below who they are, when they have Migraine and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Chantix and have Migraine >>>
Chantix has active ingredients of varenicline tartrate. It is often used in quit smoking. (latest outcomes from 64,447 Chantix users)
Migraine (headache) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, birth control, depression, osteoporosis, pain. (latest reports from 51,741 Migraine patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 63,206 people reported to have side effects when taking Chantix. Among them, 463 people (0.73%) have Migraine.
Time on Chantix when people have Migraine * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Migraine when taking Chantix * :
Age of people who have Migraine when taking Chantix * :
Severity of Migraine when taking Chantix ** :
How people recovered from Migraine ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (426 people, 92.01%)
- Pain (42 people, 9.07%)
- Depression (35 people, 7.56%)
- Migraine (35 people, 7.56%)
- Hypertension (33 people, 7.13%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nexium (48 people, 10.37%)
- Lorazepam (41 people, 8.86%)
- Spiriva (39 people, 8.42%)
- Lisinopril (38 people, 8.21%)
- Vicodin (35 people, 7.56%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of chantix and migraine on
Do you have Migraine while taking Chantix?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Chantix and have Migraine
- support group for people who take Chantix
- support group for people who have Migraine
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3 Oil, Magnesium, Evening Primrose Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Sumatriptan, Zorvolex, Folic Acid, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Psyllium, Hydroxocobalamin for a 61-year old man with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Aches - Leg, Immune System Disorder, Complicated Migraine, Pain, Don't Know, Hay Fever, Constipation. The patient has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Aches - Leg, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Migraine, Fibromyalgia, Hay Fever, Constipation, Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- A study of drug interactions between Fluoxetine, Adderall 30 for a 27-year old woman with Panic Disorder, Narcolepsy. The patient has Muscle Twitching, Migraine, Pain - Neck, Numbness In Hands Or Feet
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Neurontin, Ibuprofen, Lipitor, Topamax, Niacin, Paxil CR, Alendronate Sodium, Clopidogrel for a 56-year old woman with Backaches And Stress, Seizures, Complicated Migraine, Total Cholesterol, Depression, Osteoporosis, Pad. The patient has Migraine, Brittle Bone Disease, Slurred Speech, Numbness
- A study of side effects of Chantix for a 50-year old woman with Stop Smoking. The patient has Arthritis
- A study of drug interactions between Ortho Tri-cyclen, Celexa, Zolpidem for a 34-year old woman with Birth Control, Depression, Insomnia. The patient has Migraine, Fatigue - Chronic, Binge Eating
Recent Chantix related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Chantix, Prozac for a 59-year old woman who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Chantix, Buspar, Celexa for a 37-year old woman who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Loestrin Fe 1/20, Chantix for a 35-year old woman who has Prescriptions - How To Fill
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Baclofen, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Fentanyl, Chantix for a 53-year old woman who has Quit Smoking
- Comparions of Chantix, Effexor Xr for a 52-year old woman who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.