Review: could Chantix cause Muscle pain (Muscle aches)?
Summary: Muscle pain is found among people who take Chantix, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lipitor, and have Quit smoking.
We study 63,212 people who have side effects while taking Chantix from FDA and social media. Among them, 615 have Muscle pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Chantix and have Muscle pain >>>
Chantix has active ingredients of varenicline tartrate. It is often used in quit smoking. (latest outcomes from 64,447 Chantix users)
Muscle pain (muscle pain) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 73,537 Muscle pain patients)
On Apr, 22, 2015: 63,212 people reported to have side effects when taking Chantix. Among them, 615 people (0.97%) have Muscle Pain.
Time on Chantix when people have Muscle pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle pain||52.61%||42.57%||2.01%||2.41%||0.40%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle pain when taking Chantix * :
|Muscle pain||70.78%||29.22% |
Age of people who have Muscle pain when taking Chantix * :
|Muscle pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.34%||9.51%||25.96%||43.19%||17.99% |
Severity of Muscle pain when taking Chantix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle pain||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle pain ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (434 people, 70.57%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (32 people, 5.20%)
- Hypertension (30 people, 4.88%)
- Pain (28 people, 4.55%)
- Depression (24 people, 3.90%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lipitor (58 people, 9.43%)
- Atenolol (42 people, 6.83%)
- Albuterol (42 people, 6.83%)
- Lisinopril (41 people, 6.67%)
- Xanax (36 people, 5.85%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Pain while taking Chantix?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Chantix and have Muscle Pain
- support group for people who take Chantix
- support group for people who have Muscle Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Remicade for a 52-year old woman with Crohn's Disease. The patient has Red Face, Pain - Muscles
- A study of drug interactions between Citalopram Hydrobromide, Sertraline for a 21-year old woman with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood. The patient has Heavy Legs, Loss Of Control Of Legs, Loss Of Appetite, Belly Ache, Slow Heart Beat, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Dry Mouth, Headache, Light Sensitivity, Sensitivity To The Cold, Neck Pain, Weakness, Tremor, Swallowing Difficulty, Muscle Aches, Shaking Palsy, Skin Rash
- A study of side effects of Zocor for a 55-year old woman with Lower Cholesterol. The patient has Myalgia
- A study of drug interactions between Finasteride, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Flecainide Acetate, Lithium Carbonate, Flomax, Effexor Xr for a 75-year old man with BPH, Sleepy, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Urinary Retention, Depression. The patient has Breathing Difficulty - Lying Down, Pain - Muscles
Recent Chantix related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Chantix, Prozac for a 59-year old woman who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Chantix, Buspar, Celexa for a 37-year old woman who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Loestrin Fe 1/20, Chantix for a 35-year old woman who has Prescriptions - How To Fill
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Baclofen, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Fentanyl, Chantix for a 53-year old woman who has Quit Smoking
- Comparions of Chantix, Effexor Xr for a 52-year old woman who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.