Review: could Chantix cause Nasal congestion?
Summary: Nasal congestion is found among people who take Chantix, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Mobic, and have Quit smoking.
We study 63,206 people who have side effects while taking Chantix from FDA and social media. Among them, 65 have Nasal congestion. Find out below who they are, when they have Nasal congestion and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Chantix and have Nasal congestion >>>
Chantix has active ingredients of varenicline tartrate. It is often used in quit smoking. (latest outcomes from 64,438 Chantix users)
Nasal congestion (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, osteoporosis, erection problems. (latest reports from 14,496 Nasal congestion patients)
On Feb, 5, 2015: 63,200 people reported to have side effects when taking Chantix. Among them, 65 people (0.10%) have Nasal Congestion.
Time on Chantix when people have Nasal congestion * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Nasal congestion||69.23%||30.77%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Nasal congestion when taking Chantix * :
|Nasal congestion||76.12%||23.88% |
Age of people who have Nasal congestion when taking Chantix * :
|Nasal congestion||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||8.33%||12.50%||37.50%||31.25%||10.42% |
Severity of Nasal congestion when taking Chantix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Nasal congestion||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Nasal congestion ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Nasal congestion||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (36 people, 55.38%)
- Bone cancer metastatic (7 people, 10.77%)
- Metastases to bone (7 people, 10.77%)
- Breast cancer (7 people, 10.77%)
- Osteomyelitis (4 people, 6.15%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Mobic (14 people, 21.54%)
- Lexapro (14 people, 21.54%)
- Amoxicillin (14 people, 21.54%)
- Zometa (13 people, 20.00%)
- Vicodin (12 people, 18.46%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Nasal Congestion while taking Chantix?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Chantix and have Nasal Congestion
- support group for people who take Chantix
- support group for people who have Nasal Congestion
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Chantix for a 38-year old woman with Stop Smoking. The patient has Lactose Intolerance (inability to digest lactose)
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 30, Xanax for a 22-year old man with ADD, Anxiety. The patient has Stuffy Nose
- A study of side effects of Chantix for a 32-year old woman with Quit Smoking. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Calcium, Vitamin D, Ranitidine, Ondansetron, Tramadol, Anastrozole for a 32-year old woman with Deficiency - Vitamin C, Calcium Deficiency, Vitamin D Decreased, Heartburn, Nausea, Pain - Back, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Stuffy Nose, Sore Throat, Runny Nose
- A study of side effects of Lovaza for a 85-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Paralysis Spastic (excl Congenital), Hearing Loss, Hand Tremor, Sneezing, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness (unusual prickling sensations), Loose Bowel Movements (weak bowel movement), Breathing Difficulty - Lying Down, Short-term Memory Loss, Nasal Congestion (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels), Cough, Watery Eyes (excess tearing from eye)
Recent Chantix related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Chantix, Buspar, Celexa for a 37-year old woman who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Loestrin Fe 1/20, Chantix for a 35-year old woman who has Prescriptions - How To Fill
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Baclofen, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Fentanyl, Chantix for a 53-year old woman who has Quit Smoking
- Comparions of Chantix, Effexor Xr for a 52-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Bupropion Hydrochloride, Chantix, Wellbutrin Sr for a 26-year old man who has Smoking And Smokeless Tobacco
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.