Chantix and Nasal congestion - from FDA reports
Nasal congestion is found among people who take Chantix, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Vicodin, and have Bone cancer metastatic. This review analyzes which people have Nasal congestion with Chantix. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 75,614 people who have side effects when taking Chantix from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 25, 2017
75,614 people reported to have side effects when taking Chantix.
Among them, 94 people (0.12%) have Nasal congestion
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Chantix when people have Nasal congestion *:
- < 1 month: 62.5 %
- 1 - 6 months: 31.25 %
- 6 - 12 months: 6.25 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Nasal congestion when taking Chantix *:
- female: 76.09 %
- male: 23.91 %
Age of people who have Nasal congestion when taking Chantix *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 7.35 %
- 30-39: 10.29 %
- 40-49: 29.41 %
- 50-59: 30.88 %
- 60+: 22.06 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Metastases To Bone (7 people, 7.45%)
- Breast Cancer (7 people, 7.45%)
- Bone Cancer Metastatic (7 people, 7.45%)
- High Blood Pressure (5 people, 5.32%)
- Psoriasis (4 people, 4.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vicodin (15 people, 15.96%)
- Mobic (14 people, 14.89%)
- Lexapro (14 people, 14.89%)
- Amoxicillin (14 people, 14.89%)
- Zometa (13 people, 13.83%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Cough (40 people, 42.55%)
- Nausea (25 people, 26.60%)
- Oropharyngeal Pain (22 people, 23.40%)
- Stress And Anxiety (21 people, 22.34%)
- Headache (21 people, 22.34%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Nasal congestion when taking Chantix?
- Check symptoms - is nasal congestion caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsNasal congestion and drugs with ingredients of varenicline tartrate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeNasal congestion and Chantix from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Chantix has active ingredients of varenicline tartrate. It is often used in quit smoking. (latest outcomes from Chantix 77,602 users)
Nasal congestion (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, primary pulmonary hypertension, asthma, pulmonary hypertension, psoriasis (latest reports from 33,889 Nasal congestion patients).
Browse all side effects of Chantixa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Nasal congestionNasal congestion
Could your condition cause Nasal congestionNasal congestion
What would happen?
Questions to the study
On day 12 of chantix and dreams are more than I can take. Not monsters or ghosts, but my worst fears coming to life losing a child or my husband or parents etc in horrid ways. Dreams so real I wake up bawling and screaming. I remember every detail for days and it put me in a depressed fog. ...
88 year old male can't breath through nose.He just blows and blows his nose all time. I have him to wash nose with warm water to clean it out. But he still blows. It sounds dry to me He says it makes it hard to breath.
User reviews to the study
Had moderate dry mouth prior to starting Metformin, but much worse and disabling (especially sleep-I'm exhausted) during the time that I have been taking 500 mg daily Metformin. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks. Steve
Hi everyone, I used chantix to quit smoking and make myself healthy, however I got shingles and have been so sick and in pain ever since. I just don't understand , had I known this was a possible side effect of chantix, I would not have taken this drug.