Home > Chantix > Sore throat > Chantix and Sore throat
Review: could Chantix cause Sore throat?
Summary: Sore throat is reported only by a few people who take Chantix.
We study 63,184 people who have side effects while taking Chantix from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Sore throat and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Chantix and have Sore throat >>>
Chantix (latest outcomes from 64,424 users) has active ingredients of varenicline tartrate. It is often used in quit smoking.
Sore throat (pain or irritation of the throat) (latest reports from 3,030 patients) has been reported by people with depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety, high blood cholesterol.
On Nov, 27, 2014: 63,184 people reported to have side effects when taking Chantix. Among them, 2 people (0.00%) have Sore Throat.
Time on Chantix when people have Sore throat * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sore throat||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Sore throat when taking Chantix * :
|Sore throat||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Sore throat when taking Chantix * :
|Sore throat||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Severity of Sore throat when taking Chantix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sore throat||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Sore throat ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Stop smoking (2 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :n/a
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sore Throat while taking Chantix?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Chantix and have Sore Throat
- support group for people who take Chantix
- support group for people who have Sore Throat
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i take nyquil if i'm on cephalexin
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Sore Throat, and takes Cephalexin)
I"ve had a sore throat for 8 days, I'm taking cephalexin for an ear infection. My question is "can I take Nyquil for my throat when I' on cephalexin?"
- I've had a pancreatic attack and wonder if this can cause one
(Asked by a 49 year old woman who has Sore Throat, Elevated WBC)
I was on a z pack for a sinus infection it didn't clear up so Then on amoxocillin . Went on a climara patch and 4 days later had a pancreatic attack . Wondering if any of these medications could of caused the attack .
- Should i go to emergancy room for this
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Sore Throat, and takes Humira)
I'm on Humira and was told because it lower your immune system to not ignore calls
should I go to emergence room for treatment because it Sunday or wait till Monday
- Did chantix cause hearing loss for you?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Hearling Loss, and takes Chantix)
After taking Chantix for about 5 weeks, I experienced a loud ringing in my right ear and suddenly lost about 50% hearing in that ear. The ringing and hearing loss did not go away. It has been two weeks since it started. The Chantix warning mentions hearing loss at the very end of "Other" side eff ...
- Did anyone get sore throat while undergoing medication for uti
(Asked by a 21 year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Sore Throat, and takes Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride)
I had been diagnosed with UTI last week. I had been experiencing pain when unrinating thus I consulted my OBGyne for I had been once checked by a Urologist and told me that my UTI is not related to any kidney problems thus recommending me to see an OBGyne.
My OBGyne told me that I take Zinnat twice ...
More questions for: Chantix, Sore throat
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Soar throat after taking sertaline
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Sore Throat, and takes Sertraline)
half a pill first timw. severe soar throat 2 hrs after taking 25mg
- Still ill after several years
(Posted by a 43 year old man who has Sweating, Headache, Vertigo, Restlessness, Throat - Sore, Pain - Joints, Fatigue - Chronic, Tinnitus, Chronic Sinusitis, and takes Beconase Aq)
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
- Cfs/fibro, migraine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has GI Disorders, Cognitive Deterioration, Migraine With Aura, Neck Pain, Fibromyalgia, CFS, and takes Chantix, Probiotics, Milk Thistle, Black Cohosh, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Omega 3, Xanax, Topamax, Ambien, Armour Thyroid, Ms Contin, Fentanyl-25)
A strange thing happened when I started taking the Chantix for my smoking cessation...
MY MIGRAINES AND TENSION HEADACHES WENT AWAY!!!
As horrible as they were, and as bad as I have prayed for them to go away, I did not even notice that I didn't have the excruciating headaches anymore!!
I stop ...
- Really works to quit smoking
(Posted by a 51 year old woman who takes Chantix)
Works great for quitting smoking! The first few weeks you dream in technicolor just like an anti depressant but then that goes away. The only side effect I had was constipation but it was a small price to pay for quitting after 37 years a smoker! I tried hypnotism, patches, etc. but this really work ...
- Mucinex dm caused balance problems
(Posted by a 56 year old woman who has Sore Throat, Cough, and takes Mucinex Dm)
I bought Mucinex Dm to treat mild symptoms of sore throat and cough. I was following the instructions precisely of the time and the dosages needed. After two days in taking the medication I started to experience balance problems. Suddenly I would feel unsteady and dizzy, and had the feeling that I w ...
More reviews for: Chantix, Sore throat
- A study of drug interactions between Clonazepam, Percocet, Chantix for a patient with Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Back Injury, Stop Smoking. The patient has Sweating Increased
Comments: I was on Chantix for the "allotted" time through the Air Force. It was not long enough so I stopped taking it (sweating stopped) After about 3 months, I was able to get Chantix through the mail from the military and as soon as I reached a stable blood level (I'm assuming it was because of the level ...
- A study of side effects of Chantix for a patient with Stop Smoking. The patient has Coughing Up Blood
Comments: I was administered an immunization D tap shot, along with prescription for chantix on the same visit. Starting chantix the next day. This was a Wednesday by Monday I became very ill with a severe dry hacking cough. Pressure in my eyes, felt tired, tried antibiotics and no relief. Day 10 of chantix, ...
- A study of drug interactions between Linzess, Singulair for a patient with IBS, Allergies. The patient has Blisters, Pain Of Skin, Throat - Sore
Comments: When I stopped Singulair my chronic sore throat went away along with my skin hurting. I'm still getting little red skin blisters all over my body from neck down. Only one on my face, cheek. I haven't stopped the Linzess as I was on this for almost three months when my symptoms started 3 weeks after ...
- A study of drug interactions between Excedrin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pentasa, Cymbalta for a patient with Migraine, Hypothyroidism, Crohn's Disease, Depression. The patient has Cough Aggravated, Indigestion, Stomach Discomfort, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Tremor, Hair Loss, Difficulty Breathing, Sore Throat, Choking
Comments: Jan 2014 CDiff, mucus in stool, very weak sick, stool incontinence 3-4 times a day. Had been on most meds since March 2014 after diagnosis of UC/Crohn's/Proctitis, in July I started to loose my hair in handfulls. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started shaking a lot and noticed facial tremors ...
- A study of drug interactions between Xifaxan, Lidocaine, Vitamin D, Nasonex, Vitamin B12, Zenpep, Zomig, Nuvaring, Lorazepam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Fentanyl-25, Phenergan for a patient with Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Abdominal Pain, Vitamin D Decreased, Allergic Sinusitis, Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Pancreas Transplant Rejection, Migraine, Birth Control, Anxiety Disorder, Neck Injury, Hypertension, Pain - Abdomen, Postoperative Adhesion, Nausea Postoperative. The patient has Iron Deficiency Anaemia, Abdominal Bloating, Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Insomnia, Fatigue - Chronic, Migraine, Joint Stiffness, Diarrhoea Post-operative, Reflux Gastritis, Neck Pain, Abdominal Pain, Chest Tightness, Sore Throat, Cough, Nausea Post-operative, Malaise, Chills, Night Sweats, Fever
Comments: History of comets Pancreas divisum, chronic & recurrent acute pancreatitis, gastric bile reflux
20+ ERCP/panc stents/sphincterotomies
Total Pancretectomy with auto islet cell transplant/splenectomy
Sub colectomy (80% of colon removed)
More related studies for: Chantix, Sore throat
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.