Home > Chantix > Suicide attempt > Chantix and Suicide attempt
Review: could Chantix cause Suicide attempt?
We study 63,179 people who have side effects while taking Chantix from FDA and social media. Among them, 3,415 have Suicide attempt. Find out below who they are, when they have Suicide attempt and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Chantix and have Suicide attempt >>>
Chantix (latest outcomes from 64,417 users) has active ingredients of varenicline tartrate. It is often used in quit smoking.
Suicide Attempt (latest reports from 144,615 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, pain, bipolar disorder.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 63,179 people reported to have side effects when taking Chantix. Among them, 3,415 people (5.41%) have Suicide Attempt.
Time on Chantix when people have Suicide attempt * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Suicide attempt||23.85%||55.14%||10.38%||8.23%||2.35%||0.05%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Suicide attempt when taking Chantix * :
|Suicide attempt||59.40%||40.60% |
Age of people who have Suicide attempt when taking Chantix * :
|Suicide attempt||0.00%||0.00%||0.95%||12.42%||21.80%||37.32%||22.14%||5.37% |
Severity of Suicide attempt when taking Chantix ** :
How people recovered from Suicide attempt ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (2,481 people, 72.65%)
- Depression (530 people, 15.52%)
- Anxiety (439 people, 12.86%)
- Pain (324 people, 9.49%)
- Hypertension (181 people, 5.30%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xanax (181 people, 5.30%)
- Hydrocodone (134 people, 3.92%)
- Albuterol (118 people, 3.46%)
- Seroquel (111 people, 3.25%)
- Klonopin (109 people, 3.19%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Suicide Attempt while taking Chantix?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Chantix and have Suicide Attempt
- support group for people who take Chantix
- support group for people who have Suicide Attempt
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Did chantix cause hearing loss for you?
After taking Chantix for about 5 weeks, I experienced a loud ringing in my right ear and suddenly lost about 50% hearing in that ear. The ringing and hearing loss did not go away. It has been two weeks since it started. The Chantix warning mentions hearing loss at the very end of "Other" side eff ...
- Has anyone developed episcleritis or extreme blood shot eye
I have been taking chantiix for 15 weeks and one of my eyes are extremely blood shot eye doctor says its episcleritis being going on for 12weeks and terrible headaches
- Restless legs syndrome with chantix
just began chantix and have jerking in my legs at night when i lay down to sleep
More questions for: Chantix, Suicide attempt
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Wellbutrin buproprion two suicide attempts
Started taking Buproprion and almost immediately had suicide ideation but didn't connect it to the med. Did not want to be here anymore and one week later tried to OD but woke up in the morning. Two weeks later wrote a suicide note to my therapist and again tried to OD. She called the police and t ...
- Cfs/fibro, migraine
A strange thing happened when I started taking the Chantix for my smoking cessation...
MY MIGRAINES AND TENSION HEADACHES WENT AWAY!!!
As horrible as they were, and as bad as I have prayed for them to go away, I did not even notice that I didn't have the excruciating headaches anymore!!
I stop ...
- Really works to quit smoking
Works great for quitting smoking! The first few weeks you dream in technicolor just like an anti depressant but then that goes away. The only side effect I had was constipation but it was a small price to pay for quitting after 37 years a smoker! I tried hypnotism, patches, etc. but this really work ...
More reviews for: Chantix, Suicide attempt
On eHealthMe, Chantix (varenicline tartrate) is often used for quit smoking. Find out below the conditions Chantix is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Chantix used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Chantix, Suicide attempt
Recent Chantix related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Chantix, Suicide attempt
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (1 hour ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (1 hour ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- High Blood Cholesterol and Dark Circles Under Eyes
- Interstitial Cystitis (ic)
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (4 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (5 hours ago)
- Pregnancy Test False Positive
- Withdrawal Syndrome
- Clobetasol Propionate