Home > Chantix > Swollen gums > Chantix and Swollen gums
Review: could Chantix cause Swollen gums (Gums - swollen)?
We study 63,179 people who have side effects while taking Chantix from FDA and social media. Among them, 44 have Swollen gums. Find out below who they are, when they have Swollen gums and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Chantix and have Swollen gums >>>
Chantix (latest outcomes from 64,412 users) has active ingredients of varenicline tartrate. It is often used in quit smoking.
Swollen gums (swelling of gums) (latest reports from 27,509 patients) has been reported by people with metastases to bone, osteoporosis, breast cancer, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma.
On Sep, 20, 2014: 63,174 people reported to have side effects when taking Chantix. Among them, 44 people (0.07%) have Swollen Gums.
Time on Chantix when people have Swollen gums * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Swollen gums||43.75%||56.25%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Swollen gums when taking Chantix * :
|Swollen gums||87.23%||12.77% |
Age of people who have Swollen gums when taking Chantix * :
|Swollen gums||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||10.71%||25.00%||50.00%||14.29% |
Severity of Swollen gums when taking Chantix ** :
How people recovered from Swollen gums ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (32 people, 72.73%)
- Hypertension (11 people, 25.00%)
- Bone cancer metastatic (10 people, 22.73%)
- Metastases to bone (10 people, 22.73%)
- Breast cancer (10 people, 22.73%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Synthroid (12 people, 27.27%)
- Periogard (10 people, 22.73%)
- Cyclobenzaprine (10 people, 22.73%)
- Methylprednisolone (10 people, 22.73%)
- Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen (10 people, 22.73%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Swollen Gums while taking Chantix?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Chantix and have Swollen Gums
- group for people who take Chantix
- group for people who have Swollen Gums
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
I am trying to figure out if this "acne" I have all over my face & body is actually acne or something else. It started about a month after I began taking Chantix and I was wondering if that drug could be responsible. At the beginning, I had a sty on the inside lower lid,of my eye, and within 3-4 days it ruptured and drained. I now have a hard knot, under the skin, where this sty was. Right after that is when my face began breaking out and a couple of weeks later the breakouts on my body started. During this body breakout, I also got an abcess in the crack of my bottom. It took care of itself, too, and ruptured and drained on it's own. Of course, I have been cleaning all areas with an antibacterial soap and my Dermatologist prescribed meds for the face acne. Since I have had the body breakout, the Dermatologist believes it could be something besides acne and I have to go and let them look at it. Most of the "bumps" start as tiny hard bumps you can barely see. I also have OCD so, when I feel these bumps, I pick or scratch them off, then they leave holes/craters in my skin. Some of the bumps feel as though they are "soft" on top and these also drive me crazy and I pick at them. These ooze clear liquid and will scab over and get crusty but take a very long time to heal. Along with these issues, I have had headaches, nausea, and weakness. I am trying to find answers and would appreciate any information and suggestions.
From this study (2 months ago):
Iam now unable to walk with my crutches, my primary doctor put in for a wheelchair. This CRPS is getting worse and worse everyday spreading to both feet both knees both legs.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Did chantix cause hearing loss for you?
After taking Chantix for about 5 weeks, I experienced a loud ringing in my right ear and suddenly lost about 50% hearing in that ear. The ringing and hearing loss did not go away. It has been two weeks since it started. The Chantix warning mentions hearing loss at the very end of "Other" side eff ...
- Has anyone developed episcleritis or extreme blood shot eye
I have been taking chantiix for 15 weeks and one of my eyes are extremely blood shot eye doctor says its episcleritis being going on for 12weeks and terrible headaches
- Restless legs syndrome with chantix
just began chantix and have jerking in my legs at night when i lay down to sleep
More questions for: Chantix, Swollen gums
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Cfs/fibro, migraine
A strange thing happened when I started taking the Chantix for my smoking cessation...
MY MIGRAINES AND TENSION HEADACHES WENT AWAY!!!
As horrible as they were, and as bad as I have prayed for them to go away, I did not even notice that I didn't have the excruciating headaches anymore!!
I stop ...
- Really works to quit smoking
Works great for quitting smoking! The first few weeks you dream in technicolor just like an anti depressant but then that goes away. The only side effect I had was constipation but it was a small price to pay for quitting after 37 years a smoker! I tried hypnotism, patches, etc. but this really work ...
More reviews for: Chantix, Swollen gums
On eHealthMe, Chantix (varenicline tartrate) is often used for quit smoking. Find out below the conditions Chantix is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Chantix used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Pravastatin Sodium for a 46-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (55 minutes ago)
- Cryselle, Sertraline for a 19-year old girl who has Birth Control, Panic Attacks (55 minutes ago)
- Probiotic, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, B-12, Potassium Gluconate, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Fish Oil, Singulair, Wellbutrin, Adderall, Biotin, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 67-year old woman who has Digestion, Sleep Aid, Energy, Osteoporosis, Hair Loss, Heart, Asthma, Depression, HDD , Artery Blockage (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Tikosyn side effects
- Tecfidera and Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
- Aggression and Lithium Carbonate
- Cephalexin and Xarelto
- Tarceva and Blood Bilirubin Increased
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (1 hour ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (3 hours ago)
- Intestinal Adenocarcinoma
- Anion Gap Decreased
- Chlamydial Infection Nos