Chantix and Swollen gums - from FDA reports
Swollen gums is found among people who take Chantix, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aredia, and have Bone cancer metastatic. This review analyzes which people have Swollen gums with Chantix. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 75,614 people who have side effects when taking Chantix from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 26, 2017
75,614 people reported to have side effects when taking Chantix.
Among them, 49 people (0.06%) have Swollen gums
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Chantix when people have Swollen gums *:
- < 1 month: 40 %
- 1 - 6 months: 60 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Swollen gums when taking Chantix *:
- female: 87.23 %
- male: 12.77 %
Age of people who have Swollen gums when taking Chantix *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 11.54 %
- 40-49: 19.23 %
- 50-59: 53.85 %
- 60+: 15.38 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Metastases To Bone (10 people, 20.41%)
- Breast Cancer (10 people, 20.41%)
- Bone Cancer Metastatic (10 people, 20.41%)
- High Blood Pressure (8 people, 16.33%)
- Sleep Disorder (5 people, 10.20%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (12 people, 24.49%)
- Synthroid (12 people, 24.49%)
- Aredia (12 people, 24.49%)
- Fluconazole (11 people, 22.45%)
- Selenium (10 people, 20.41%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (16 people, 32.65%)
- Dry Mouth (15 people, 30.61%)
- Gingival Bleeding (14 people, 28.57%)
- Cough (14 people, 28.57%)
- Constipation (14 people, 28.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Swollen gums when taking Chantix?
- Check symptoms - is swollen gums caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsSwollen gums and drugs with ingredients of varenicline tartrate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSwollen gums and Chantix from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Chantix has active ingredients of varenicline tartrate. It is often used in quit smoking. (latest outcomes from Chantix 77,605 users)
Swollen gums (swelling of gums) has been reported by people with metastases to bone, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, breast cancer, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 3,813 Swollen gums patients).
Browse all side effects of Chantixa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Swollen gumsSwollen gums
Could your condition cause Swollen gumsSwollen gums
What would happen?
Questions to the study
This is the drug that my clinic prescribed me UNASYN. well it cured my tonsillitis and all. My question is after my tonsillitis is cured is it normal to have a swollen gums? It's so hard to eat when my gums are in pain and I can't chew normal food like chicken and rice.
On day 12 of chantix and dreams are more than I can take. Not monsters or ghosts, but my worst fears coming to life losing a child or my husband or parents etc in horrid ways. Dreams so real I wake up bawling and screaming. I remember every detail for days and it put me in a depressed fog. ...
User reviews to the study
ive been taking ramipril with amlodipine for about 4 months and i have swollen gums and a loose tooth i didnt have these symptoms when i was just on amlodipine is this normal or should i stop taking the ramipril
Hi everyone, I used chantix to quit smoking and make myself healthy, however I got shingles and have been so sick and in pain ever since. I just don't understand , had I known this was a possible side effect of chantix, I would not have taken this drug.