Review: could Chantix cause Testicular pain?
Summary: Testicular pain is found among people who take Chantix, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prevacid, and have Smoking cessation therapy.
We study 63,191 people who have side effects while taking Chantix from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Testicular pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Testicular pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Chantix and have Testicular pain >>>
Chantix has active ingredients of varenicline tartrate. It is often used in quit smoking. (latest outcomes from Chantix 64,427 users)
Testicular pain (pain in testes) has been reported by people with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, hair loss, pain, high blood pressure, erection problems.(view latest reports from 1,372 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 63,184 people reported to have side effects when taking Chantix. Among them, 7 people (0.01%) have Testicular Pain.
Time on Chantix when people have Testicular pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Testicular pain||60.00%||0.00%||0.00%||40.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Testicular pain when taking Chantix * :
|Testicular pain||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have Testicular pain when taking Chantix * :
|Testicular pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||20.00%||0.00%||20.00%||40.00% |
Severity of Testicular pain when taking Chantix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Testicular pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Testicular pain ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (5 people, 71.43%)
- Tobacco user (2 people, 28.57%)
- Benign positional vertigo (1 people, 14.29%)
- Anxiety, apprehension, feeling uptight, jitters, stress, stress and anxiety, tension (1 people, 14.29%)
- Pain management (1 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prevacid (2 people, 28.57%)
- Naprosyn (2 people, 28.57%)
- Valium (1 people, 14.29%)
- Lexapro (1 people, 14.29%)
- Singulair (1 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Testicular Pain while taking Chantix?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Chantix and have Testicular Pain
- support group for people who take Chantix
- support group for people who have Testicular Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Did chantix cause hearing loss for you? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Hearling Loss, and takes Chantix)
After taking Chantix for about 5 weeks, I experienced a loud ringing in my right ear and suddenly lost about 50% hearing in that ear. The ringing and hearing loss did not go away. It has been two weeks since it started. The Chantix warning mentions hearing loss at the very end of "Other" side eff ...
- Has anyone developed episcleritis or extreme blood shot eye
(Asked by a 34 year old woman who has Nodular Episcleritis, and takes Chantix)
I have been taking chantiix for 15 weeks and one of my eyes are extremely blood shot eye doctor says its episcleritis being going on for 12weeks and terrible headaches
- Restless legs syndrome with chantix
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Copd, Osteopenia, and takes Chantix, Advair Diskus 250/50, Calcium Citrate)
just began chantix and have jerking in my legs at night when i lay down to sleep
- How long did the side effects from chantix last?
(Asked by a 27 year old woman who has Depression, Smoking Cessation, and takes Chantix)
I took Chantix for 6 days. Around day 4 I started slurring and became a little disoriented.I didnt think anything of it at first but when it got worse I decided to call my doctor. I have been off if it for about a full week now. Im happy to say the slurring stopped but I feel a slight numbness in my ...
- I've been taking chantix for 11 days. really doing good on it. however, i now have acid reflux really bad. thought i was having a heart attack. still bothers me. has any one else experienced this?
(Asked by a 52 year old woman who has Acid Reflux, and takes Chantix )
Already on Nexium(2 a day) and 1 tagament but not helping.
More questions for: Chantix, Testicular pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Teatical adnoma was told i had testicular cancer until doctor said i did not
(Posted by a 48 year old man who has Testicle Lump, Testicular Pain, and takes Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide)
I was told by a Doctor that I had Testicula cancer and he set up surgery right away. I was preped and ready to go into the surgery room and I had to ask my surgen a quick question regarding the surgery he called it an orchietomy and I asked him so you are going to cut me open and remove the Tumor ? ...
- Cfs/fibro, migraine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has GI Disorders, Cognitive Deterioration, Migraine With Aura, Neck Pain, Fibromyalgia, CFS, and takes Chantix, Probiotics, Milk Thistle, Black Cohosh, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Omega 3, Xanax, Topamax, Ambien, Armour Thyroid, Ms Contin, Fentanyl-25)
A strange thing happened when I started taking the Chantix for my smoking cessation...
MY MIGRAINES AND TENSION HEADACHES WENT AWAY!!!
As horrible as they were, and as bad as I have prayed for them to go away, I did not even notice that I didn't have the excruciating headaches anymore!!
I stop ...
- Really works to quit smoking
(Posted by a 51 year old woman who takes Chantix)
Works great for quitting smoking! The first few weeks you dream in technicolor just like an anti depressant but then that goes away. The only side effect I had was constipation but it was a small price to pay for quitting after 37 years a smoker! I tried hypnotism, patches, etc. but this really work ...
More reviews for: Chantix, Testicular pain
- A study of drug interactions between Clonazepam, Percocet, Chantix for a patient with Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Back Injury, Stop Smoking. The patient has Sweating Increased
Comments: I was on Chantix for the "allotted" time through the Air Force. It was not long enough so I stopped taking it (sweating stopped) After about 3 months, I was able to get Chantix through the mail from the military and as soon as I reached a stable blood level (I'm assuming it was because of the level ...
- A study of side effects of Chantix for a patient with Stop Smoking. The patient has Coughing Up Blood
Comments: I was administered an immunization D tap shot, along with prescription for chantix on the same visit. Starting chantix the next day. This was a Wednesday by Monday I became very ill with a severe dry hacking cough. Pressure in my eyes, felt tired, tried antibiotics and no relief. Day 10 of chantix, ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Valacyclovir for a patient with Pain, Shingles. The patient has Testicular Pain
Comments: Shortly after completing a course of valacyclovir for shingles along with ibuprofen for the accompanying pain, I began feeling mild testicular pain in my left testicle which is the side that was affected by the shingles. I still have some residual nerve pain on the areas where the rash was but the r ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lyrica, Mobic, Vitamin D, Potassium Chloride, Diovan Hct, Xanax, Lexapro, Vicodin, Zanaflex, Chantix for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Inflammatory Pain, Iga Deficiency, Hypertension, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Depression, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Stop Smoking. The patient has Ance Like Lesions On Face, Chest, Shoulders, Arms, And Legs
Comments: I am trying to figure out if this "acne" I have all over my face & body is actually acne or something else. It started about a month after I began taking Chantix and I was wondering if that drug could be responsible. At the beginning, I had a sty on the inside lower lid,of my eye, and within 3-4 day ...
- A study of drug interactions between Alprazolam, Chantix for a patient with Anxiety, Tobacco Withdrawal Symptoms. The patient has Disturbance In Sexual Arousal
Comments: Dream symptom began 2 weeks into taking chantix. I stopped taking it after 2 weeks due to such upsetting dreams. This "side effect" (Dhhh) returned suddenly after two years. I was horrified and finally consulted doctor who said 'yes' this return of symptom is possible. 14 months prior to the 'dream' ...
More related studies for: Chantix, Testicular pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.