Chantix and Testicular pain - from FDA reports
Testicular pain is found among people who take Chantix, especially for people who are 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Naprosyn, and have Androgenetic alopecia. This review analyzes which people have Testicular pain with Chantix. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 75,614 people who have side effects when taking Chantix from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 26, 2017
75,614 people reported to have side effects when taking Chantix.
Among them, 9 people (0.01%) have Testicular pain
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Chantix when people have Testicular pain *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 50 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Testicular pain when taking Chantix *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 20 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 20 %
- 50-59: 20 %
- 60+: 40 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Herpes Virus Infection (1 person, 11.11%)
- Hair Loss (1 person, 11.11%)
- Androgenetic Alopecia (1 person, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Prevacid (2 people, 22.22%)
- Naprosyn (2 people, 22.22%)
- Propecia (1 person, 11.11%)
- Desyrel (1 person, 11.11%)
- Cymbalta (1 person, 11.11%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Constipation (3 people, 33.33%)
- Pain (2 people, 22.22%)
- Nausea (2 people, 22.22%)
- Inflammation (2 people, 22.22%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (2 people, 22.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Testicular pain when taking Chantix?
- Check symptoms - is testicular pain caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsTesticular pain and drugs with ingredients of varenicline tartrate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeTesticular pain and Chantix from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Chantix has active ingredients of varenicline tartrate. It is often used in quit smoking. (latest outcomes from Chantix 77,605 users)
Testicular pain (pain in testes) has been reported by people with hair loss, androgenetic alopecia, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, pain, high blood pressure (latest reports from 2,418 Testicular pain patients).
Browse all side effects of Chantixa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Testicular painTesticular pain
Could your condition cause Testicular painTesticular pain
What would happen?
Questions to the study
On day 12 of chantix and dreams are more than I can take. Not monsters or ghosts, but my worst fears coming to life losing a child or my husband or parents etc in horrid ways. Dreams so real I wake up bawling and screaming. I remember every detail for days and it put me in a depressed fog. ...
Gone over numerous lab studies of Suboxone, Buprenorphine, Naloxone, Subutex and every single one reports lab mice/rats and other lab rodents at every given dosage of Buprenorphine (no matter the form) are in a majority, stricken with LEYDIG CELL TUMORS...TESTICULAR CANCER! How then, is Leydig ...
User reviews to the study
Hi everyone, I used chantix to quit smoking and make myself healthy, however I got shingles and have been so sick and in pain ever since. I just don't understand , had I known this was a possible side effect of chantix, I would not have taken this drug.