Chantix and Weight loss - from FDA reports
Weight loss is found among people who take Chantix, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Albuterol, and have Eczema. This review analyzes which people have Weight loss with Chantix. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 75,614 people who have side effects when taking Chantix from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
75,614 people reported to have side effects when taking Chantix.
Among them, 65 people (0.09%) have Weight loss
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Chantix when people have Weight loss *:
- < 1 month: 54.55 %
- 1 - 6 months: 36.36 %
- 6 - 12 months: 9.09 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Weight loss when taking Chantix *:
- female: 64.52 %
- male: 35.48 %
Age of people who have Weight loss when taking Chantix *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 4.55 %
- 30-39: 9.09 %
- 40-49: 52.27 %
- 50-59: 22.73 %
- 60+: 11.36 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Eczema (8 people, 12.31%)
- Osteopenia (6 people, 9.23%)
- Bipolar Disorder (6 people, 9.23%)
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (4 people, 6.15%)
- Infection (3 people, 4.62%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Albuterol (20 people, 30.77%)
- Lisinopril (18 people, 27.69%)
- Spiriva (17 people, 26.15%)
- Ativan (16 people, 24.62%)
- Ibuprofen (14 people, 21.54%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (31 people, 47.69%)
- Depression (29 people, 44.62%)
- Breathing Difficulty (28 people, 43.08%)
- Pain (26 people, 40.00%)
- Fatigue (25 people, 38.46%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Weight loss when taking Chantix?
- Check symptoms - is weight loss caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsWeight loss and drugs with ingredients of varenicline tartrate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeWeight loss and Chantix from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Chantix has active ingredients of varenicline tartrate. It is often used in quit smoking. (latest outcomes from Chantix 77,605 users)
Weight loss has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure (latest reports from 30,777 Weight loss patients).
Browse all side effects of Chantixa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Weight lossWeight loss
Could your condition cause Weight lossWeight loss
What would happen?
Questions to the study
i forgot to add to my post that I believe my weight loss of 20 lbs over the last 5 years is from the temazepam. Any suggestions or comments, I am very thin, and cannot gain weight, especially the weight i lost.
User reviews to the study
hi I have been on Temazepan for the last 5 years, 25 milligrams. I am thinking of going off it. I have tried twice without success. Any suggestons, or better substitutes. I am an active 82 year old female
Hi everyone, I used chantix to quit smoking and make myself healthy, however I got shingles and have been so sick and in pain ever since. I just don't understand , had I known this was a possible side effect of chantix, I would not have taken this drug.