Home > Chlorhexidine gluconate > Candidiasis > Chlorhexidine gluconate and Candidiasis
Review: could Chlorhexidine gluconate cause Candidiasis?
Summary: Candidiasis is found among people who take Chlorhexidine gluconate, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 2,364 people who have side effects while taking Chlorhexidine gluconate from FDA and social media. Among them, 50 have Candidiasis. Find out below who they are, when they have Candidiasis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Chlorhexidine gluconate and have Candidiasis >>>
Chlorhexidine gluconate (latest outcomes from 2,386 users) has active ingredients of chlorhexidine gluconate. It is often used in infection.
Candidiasis (candidiasis or thrush is a fungal infection) (latest reports from 57,625 patients) has been reported by people with asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, high blood pressure.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 2,364 people reported to have side effects when taking Chlorhexidine gluconate. Among them, 50 people (2.12%) have Candidiasis.
Time on Chlorhexidine gluconate when people have Candidiasis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Candidiasis when taking Chlorhexidine gluconate * :
Age of people who have Candidiasis when taking Chlorhexidine gluconate * :
Severity of Candidiasis when taking Chlorhexidine gluconate ** :
How people recovered from Candidiasis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (17 people, 34.00%)
- Metastases to bone (10 people, 20.00%)
- Anaemia (9 people, 18.00%)
- Musculoskeletal pain (9 people, 18.00%)
- Dyspnoea (6 people, 12.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (35 people, 70.00%)
- Aredia (32 people, 64.00%)
- Coumadin (28 people, 56.00%)
- Oxycontin (26 people, 52.00%)
- Compazine (25 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Candidiasis while taking Chlorhexidine Gluconate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Chlorhexidine gluconate and have Candidiasis
- support group for people who take Chlorhexidine gluconate
- support group for people who have Candidiasis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Chlorhexidine gluconate, Candidiasis
More reviews for: Chlorhexidine gluconate, Candidiasis
- A study of drug interactions between Benadryl, Zantac 150, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Paroex for a patient with Nasal Allergies, Ulcers, Low Back Pain, Depression, Panic Attacks. The patient has Heart Pounding Or Racing, Shortness Of Breath, Rapid Deep Breathing (hyperventilation)
Comments: I have had these symptoms for many years but recently they have become worse. I don't know what to do or what to take.
- A study of side effects of Chlorhexidine Gluconate for a patient with Staphylococcal Infection. The patient has Itching, Cracking, And Whitening Of Skin Around Anus And Labia
Comments: I tried the chlorhexidine to prevent non-MRSA Staph-a infection after waxing treatment but ended up with a fungal infection.
- A study of side effects of Dificid for a patient with C. Difficile Colitis. The patient has Candidiasis (candidiasis or thrush is a fungal infection)
Comments: developed perianal candidiasis after taking Dificid for 2 days for C.Diff
- A study of drug interactions between Humira, Prednisone for a patient with Ankylosing Spondylitis. The patient has Candidiasis
Comments: broken out with sores on 10 areas of my body.not caused by scratching.
- A study of drug interactions between Chlorhexidine Gluconate, Cymbalta, Lyrica, Ambien, Metoprolol Tartrate, Crestor, Prilosec, Robaxin-750, Vicoprofen for a patient with Post-operative Wound Infection, Radicular Pain, Neuropathic Pain, Insomnia, Hypertension, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Acid Reflux, Muscle Spasms, Chronic Pain. The patient has Confusion, Renal Failure - Acute, Vomiting Post-operative
Comments: I suffered Renal failure following oral surgery. Had teeth (all) removed due to dry mouth syndrome, and titanium studs (2) placed in lower jaw for dentures.
The Oral surg. prescribed Chlorhexidine Gluconate following surgery.
Approx. 2 weeks after surgery I had to be transported to Hospital by a ...
More related studies for: Chlorhexidine gluconate, Candidiasis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.