Home > Chlorhexidine gluconate > Candidiasis > Chlorhexidine gluconate and Candidiasis
Review: could Chlorhexidine gluconate cause Candidiasis?
We study 2,364 people who have side effects while taking Chlorhexidine gluconate from FDA and social media. Among them, 50 have Candidiasis. Find out below who they are, when they have Candidiasis and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Chlorhexidine gluconate and have Candidiasis >>>
Chlorhexidine gluconate (latest outcomes from 2,386 users) has active ingredients of chlorhexidine gluconate. It is often used in infection.
Candidiasis (candidiasis or thrush is a fungal infection) (latest reports from 57,516 patients) has been reported by people with asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, high blood pressure.
On Sep, 18, 2014: 2,364 people reported to have side effects when taking Chlorhexidine gluconate. Among them, 50 people (2.12%) have Candidiasis.
Time on Chlorhexidine gluconate when people have Candidiasis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Candidiasis when taking Chlorhexidine gluconate * :
Age of people who have Candidiasis when taking Chlorhexidine gluconate * :
Severity of Candidiasis when taking Chlorhexidine gluconate ** :
How people recovered from Candidiasis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (17 people, 34.00%)
- Metastases to bone (10 people, 20.00%)
- Anaemia (9 people, 18.00%)
- Musculoskeletal pain (9 people, 18.00%)
- Dyspnoea (6 people, 12.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (35 people, 70.00%)
- Aredia (32 people, 64.00%)
- Coumadin (28 people, 56.00%)
- Oxycontin (26 people, 52.00%)
- Compazine (25 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Candidiasis while taking Chlorhexidine Gluconate?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Chlorhexidine gluconate and have Candidiasis
- group for people who take Chlorhexidine gluconate
- group for people who have Candidiasis
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
I tried the chlorhexidine to prevent non-MRSA Staph-a infection after waxing treatment but ended up with a fungal infection.
From this study (3 months ago):
developed perianal candidiasis after taking Dificid for 2 days for C.Diff
From this study (9 months ago):
broken out with sores on 10 areas of my body.not caused by scratching.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Chlorhexidine gluconate, Candidiasis
More reviews for: Chlorhexidine gluconate, Candidiasis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Alendronate Sodium, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 76-year old woman who has Bone Density Decreased, Depression, Fibromyalgia, A Fib (3 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Tramadol, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Nabumetone, Mirtazapine for a 36-year old man who has Inflammation Localised, Pain, Nightmares, Hyperlipidemia, Muscle Spasms, Pain - Bones, Depression (3 minutes ago)
- Zoloft, Cytomel, Synthroid for a 55-year old woman who has Hashimoto's Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis (6 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Fibromyalgia and Hyponatraemia
- Hair Loss and Gabapentin
- Arthritis - Osteoarthritis and Keppra
Recent user comments
- "Acute onset. August LFT's normal, Mirtazapine added S ... " (6 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed levothyroxine sodium but had to take ... " (55 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed synthroid but had to take self off. b ... " (57 minutes ago)
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Linaria Vulgaris