Review: could Chlorhexidine gluconate cause Diabetes mellitus (Diabetes)?
Summary: Diabetes mellitus is found among people who take Chlorhexidine gluconate, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, also take medication Aredia, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 2,365 people who have side effects while taking Chlorhexidine gluconate from FDA and social media. Among them, 89 have Diabetes mellitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Diabetes mellitus and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Chlorhexidine gluconate and have Diabetes mellitus >>>
Chlorhexidine gluconate has active ingredients of chlorhexidine gluconate. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from 2,387 Chlorhexidine gluconate users)
Diabetes mellitus (diabetes, caused by a deficiency of the pancreatic hormone insulin) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, high blood pressure, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 141,096 Diabetes mellitus patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 2,365 people reported to have side effects when taking Chlorhexidine gluconate. Among them, 91 people (3.85%) have Diabetes Mellitus.
Time on Chlorhexidine gluconate when people have Diabetes mellitus * :
Gender of people who have Diabetes mellitus when taking Chlorhexidine gluconate * :
|Diabetes mellitus||29.11%||70.89% |
Age of people who have Diabetes mellitus when taking Chlorhexidine gluconate * :
|Diabetes mellitus||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.54%||1.54%||32.31%||36.92%||27.69% |
Severity of Diabetes mellitus when taking Chlorhexidine gluconate ** :
How people recovered from Diabetes mellitus ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (23 people, 25.27%)
- Depression (21 people, 23.08%)
- Pain (16 people, 17.58%)
- Bone disorder (15 people, 16.48%)
- Sleep disorder (15 people, 16.48%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aredia (74 people, 81.32%)
- Zometa (74 people, 81.32%)
- Dexamethasone (40 people, 43.96%)
- Ambien (37 people, 40.66%)
- Levaquin (36 people, 39.56%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diabetes Mellitus while taking Chlorhexidine Gluconate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Chlorhexidine gluconate and have Diabetes Mellitus
- support group for people who take Chlorhexidine gluconate
- support group for people who have Diabetes Mellitus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Tartrate, Lisinopril, HCTZ, Atorvastatin Calcium, Gabapentin, Effient, Pregabalin, Novolin R, Lantrisul, Isosorbide Mononitrate for a 61-year old woman with Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Diuretic Effect, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Neuropathy, Heart Mri, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Diabetes, Heart Rate Decreased. The patient has Diabetes Mellitus
- A study of drug interactions between Rosuvastatin Calcium, Metformin, Gliclazide for a 81-year old man with Diabetes. The patient has Diabetes
- A study of drug interactions between Oxycodone, Simponi for a 56-year old man with Back Disorder, Psoriatic Arthropathy. The patient has Diabetes, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Upper-airway Cough Syndrome, Sore Throat
- A study of drug interactions between Lantus Solostar, Glipizide And Metformin Hydrochloride, Atorvastatin Calcium, Bystolic, Telmisartan; Hydrochlorothiazide, Amlodipine, Sitagliptin Phosphate for a 64-year old woman with Diabetes, Diabetes Mellitus, High Blood Cholesterol, Hypertension, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent. The patient has Hypertension, Diabetes Mellitus
- A study of drug interactions between Sertraline, LOVASTATIN, FINASTERIDE, Warfarin Sodium, Chlorhexidine Gluconate for a 74-year old man with Anxiety Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol, Prostatic Specific Antigen Increased, Mini Stroke, Mouth Sores. The patient has Blood Urine
Recent Chlorhexidine gluconate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.