Chlorhexidine gluconate and Bad breath - from FDA reports
Bad breath is found among people who take Chlorhexidine gluconate, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old also take medication Zometa, and have Osteoporosis. This review analyzes which people have Bad breath with Chlorhexidine gluconate. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,880 people who have side effects when taking Chlorhexidine gluconate from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 23, 2017
2,880 people reported to have side effects when taking Chlorhexidine gluconate.
Among them, 38 people (1.32%) have Bad breath
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Bad breath when taking Chlorhexidine gluconate *:
- female: 75.68 %
- male: 24.32 %
Age of people who have Bad breath when taking Chlorhexidine gluconate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 5.26 %
- 20-29: 42.11 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 47.37 %
- 60+: 5.26 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Osteoporosis (15 people, 39.47%)
- Pain (9 people, 23.68%)
- Metastases To Bone (9 people, 23.68%)
- Psychotic Disorder (6 people, 15.79%)
- Pneumonia (6 people, 15.79%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (35 people, 92.11%)
- Dilaudid (29 people, 76.32%)
- Reglan (26 people, 68.42%)
- Prevacid (26 people, 68.42%)
- Zantac (24 people, 63.16%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty (35 people, 92.11%)
- Pain In Extremity (28 people, 73.68%)
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (28 people, 73.68%)
- Sinus Tachycardia (26 people, 68.42%)
- High Blood Pressure (26 people, 68.42%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Bad breath when taking Chlorhexidine gluconate?
- Check symptoms - is bad breath caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsBad breath and drugs with ingredients of chlorhexidine gluconate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeBad breath and Chlorhexidine gluconate from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Chlorhexidine gluconate has active ingredients of chlorhexidine gluconate. (latest outcomes from Chlorhexidine gluconate 2,923 users)
Bad breath has been reported by people with metastases to bone, osteoporosis, multiple myeloma, breast cancer, high blood pressure (latest reports from 2,544 Bad breath patients).
Browse all side effects of Chlorhexidine gluconatea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Bad breathBad breath
Could your condition cause Bad breathBad breath
What would happen?
User reviews to the study
My sweet husband has taken omeprazole for many years now & some days his breath smells a bit...stale😕 He is diligent about his dental hygiene, brushing everyday & flossing often. He sees the dentist every 6 months too. -I'm feeling frustrated & decided to write about it here to possibly find ...
At last! I've always thought that my medication was giving me bad breath. I've been to the dentist (nothing wrong with gums or teeth) and tried several bad breath products. Nothing seems to work. I clean my teeth at least three times a day and put toothpaste in between each tooth. I still have ...