Chlorhexidine gluconate and Candidiasis - from FDA reports
Candidiasis is found among people who take Chlorhexidine gluconate, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Candidiasis with Chlorhexidine gluconate. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,880 people who have side effects when taking Chlorhexidine gluconate from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 28, 2017
2,880 people reported to have side effects when taking Chlorhexidine gluconate.
Among them, 47 people (1.63%) have Candidiasis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Chlorhexidine gluconate when people have Candidiasis *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Candidiasis when taking Chlorhexidine gluconate *:
- female: 59.57 %
- male: 40.43 %
Age of people who have Candidiasis when taking Chlorhexidine gluconate *:
- 0-1: 6.67 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 15.56 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 11.11 %
- 50-59: 44.44 %
- 60+: 22.22 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (17 people, 36.17%)
- Metastases To Bone (10 people, 21.28%)
- Musculoskeletal Pain (9 people, 19.15%)
- Anaemia (9 people, 19.15%)
- Fever (6 people, 12.77%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (35 people, 74.47%)
- Aredia (32 people, 68.09%)
- Oxycontin (26 people, 55.32%)
- Coumadin (26 people, 55.32%)
- Compazine (25 people, 53.19%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (38 people, 80.85%)
- Osteomyelitis (33 people, 70.21%)
- Pneumonia (31 people, 65.96%)
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (31 people, 65.96%)
- Fever (30 people, 63.83%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Candidiasis when taking Chlorhexidine gluconate?
- Check symptoms - is candidiasis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsCandidiasis and drugs with ingredients of chlorhexidine gluconate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeCandidiasis and Chlorhexidine gluconate from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Chlorhexidine gluconate has active ingredients of chlorhexidine gluconate. (latest outcomes from Chlorhexidine gluconate 2,923 users)
Candidiasis (candidiasis or thrush is a fungal infection) has been reported by people with asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, high blood pressure (latest reports from 8,469 Candidiasis patients).
Browse all side effects of Chlorhexidine gluconatea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with CandidiasisCandidiasis
Could your condition cause CandidiasisCandidiasis
What would happen?
User reviews to the study
I was diagnosed with Candidiasis about 35 years ago . I have been taking Meloxicam for 2 weeks now and the itching ( especially at night ) is driving me crazy . Should I keep taking it ? I feel that the medicine is making it much worse .
I completed 6 month radiology therapy for prostate cancer and have continued Zoladex injections every three months. Upon discovering more and more symptoms of Candidas, I am searching if the increase of the symptoms of candidas is caused by Zoladex (goserelin). Can anyone shed some light on ...