Home > Chlorthalidone > Dry eye > Chlorthalidone and Dry eye
Review: could Chlorthalidone cause Dry eye (Dry eyes)?
Summary: Dry eye is found among people who take Chlorthalidone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Ventolin, and have Hypertension.
We study 1,842 people who have side effects while taking Chlorthalidone from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Dry eye. Find out below who they are, when they have Dry eye and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Chlorthalidone and have Dry eye >>>
Chlorthalidone (latest outcomes from 1,943 users) has active ingredients of chlorthalidone. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Dry eye (lack of adequate tears) (latest reports from 57,292 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, acne, depression.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 1,841 people reported to have side effects when taking Chlorthalidone. Among them, 8 people (0.43%) have Dry Eye.
Time on Chlorthalidone when people have Dry eye * :
Gender of people who have Dry eye when taking Chlorthalidone * :
|Dry eye||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Dry eye when taking Chlorthalidone * :
|Dry eye||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Dry eye when taking Chlorthalidone ** :
How people recovered from Dry eye ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (8 people, 100.00%)
- Depression (7 people, 87.50%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (7 people, 87.50%)
- Anxiety (7 people, 87.50%)
- Ear pain (7 people, 87.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ventolin (7 people, 87.50%)
- Flexeril (7 people, 87.50%)
- Prozac (7 people, 87.50%)
- Xanax (7 people, 87.50%)
- Zithromax (7 people, 87.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dry Eye while taking Chlorthalidone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Chlorthalidone and have Dry Eye
- support group for people who take Chlorthalidone
- support group for people who have Dry Eye
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does xarelto contribute to extreme thinning of hair
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who has Dry Eyes, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Glimepiride, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Gabapentin, Pravastatin Sodium, Metformin, Lisinopril, Xarelto)
extreme hair thinning
inability to relieve dry eye symptoms (burning, feeling of foreign object in eyes
can anything be done to correct these eymptoms
- Anyone else develop facial swelling during clonazepam withdrawal and not recover from it several years later?
(Asked by a 45 year old woman who has Dry Eyes, Excessive Hair Loss, Facial Swelling, and takes Clonazepam)
Weaned off of clonazepam 10 years ago. Body went into severe withdrawal: Hair loss/ thinning, swelling through T-zone portion of my face, excessively oily face and hair, stiff painful joints. Hair and face have never completely recovered although have days/weeks symptoms are milder, buy only wors ...
- How much can chlorthalidone rise uric acid levels
(Asked by a 73 year old man who has Blood Uric Acid Increased, and takes Chlorthalidone)
Just my results back and my uric acid level was 10.1, I have been on chlorthalidone for 2 years, before that my level was 6.0
- Are dry eyes a side effect of allegra?
(Asked by a 75 year old woman who has Glaucomatocyclitic Crises, Dry Eyes, and takes Lisinopril)
Have been taking Benedryl almost daily for the last year. After recent diagnosis pressure in eyes increasing did some research to discover a side effect of Benedryl is dry eyes which could have been a contributing factor. I'm trying to find out if there's any allergy medicine on the market that do ...
- Dry orgasm (no ejaculat) after starting taking multq and potassium
(Asked by a 63 year old man who has No Ejaculate At Orgasm, and takes Multaq, Potassium Chloride, Chlorthalidone, Zocor, Lisinopril, Tamsulosin)
I am a 63 year old male, generally in good health and active.
Per Cardiologist orders, started taking Multaq and Potassium after 2 episodes of atrial fibrilation 3weeks ago. Had 3 orgasms since and no ejaculate came out. I also have BPH, but that never stopped the ejaculate (in fact made it messy ...
More questions for: Chlorthalidone, Dry eye
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Pantoprazole dry eyes
(Posted by a 47 year old man who has Dry Eyes, and takes Pantoprazole)
started at 5 days after starting the treatment. no other medications or suplements taken. tear drops do not help. putting a tiny amount of stJohn's worth oil at the bottom of the eyes provokes tears and gives a better result. will consider changing the medication for my acid reflux condition.
More reviews for: Chlorthalidone, Dry eye
- A study of side effects of Lamictal for a patient with Bipolar. The patient has Dry Eye (lack of adequate tears)
Comments: I have been experiencing symptoms of dry eye, stinging and burning and dryness in my eyes for 10 years shortly after being put on lamictal. I'm trying to see if there is anyone else who has experienced this.
- A study of drug interactions between Sulfasalazine, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Eyes - Dry
Comments: Seem to have started while taking these drugs, or is it from the RA?
- A study of side effects of Chlorthalidone for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water), Weight Gain
Comments: in the last four months while on the medication. i am on average 202-215 pounds. before the meds i was between 175-185. also i now drink about 10 pints of water a day. just to stay hydrated.
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Alendronate Sodium, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Buspirone Hcl, Carvedilol, Lisinopril, Chlorthalidone, Amlodipine Besylate for a patient with Hardening Of The Arteries, Osteoporosis, Depression, Anxiety, Hypertension. The patient has Anxiety, High Blood Pressure
Comments: Depression under control
- A study of side effects of Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride for a patient with Insomnia. The patient has Dry Eyes (lack of adequate tears)
Comments: I am taking an over the counter sleep aid made by boots chemist and have got dryes can the tablets b the reason
More related studies for: Chlorthalidone, Dry eye
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Hashimoto's Disease and Molar Pregnancy
- Headache and Minoxidil
- Hepatic Cirrhosis and Hypercapnia
- Maxalt and Hair Loss
- Myrbetriq and Hyponatraemia
- Can ciliapram cause emphysemia
Answer: I too have taken citalopram, for fibromyalgia pain, and wa ... (20 hours ago)
- Can chewing tobacco effect results of velcade on myeloma
Father has been on and off Velcade for Multiple Myeloma ov ... (1 day ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: You must take sulfasalizine with food to avoid stomach iss ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (15 hours ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,t ... (19 hours ago)
- Headache after propofol
Was given Propofol while having Colonoscopy and Endoscopy. ... (24 hours ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Orsythia for a 21-year old woman who has Pregnancy On Oral Contraceptive (36 minutes ago)
- Lorazepam, Hydroxyzine, Risperidone for a 17-year old boy who has Anxiety Disorder, Tourette Syndrome (46 minutes ago)
- Dexilant, Crestor, Metoprolol Succinate, Lisinopril, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Clopidogrel for a 44-year old man who has Acid Reflux, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Blood Pressure Systolic Decreased, Blood Pressure Decreased, Heart Disease, Blood Thinner (2 hours ago)
- Maxalt for a 46-year old woman who has Migraine - Classic (2 hours ago)
- Suboxone, Testosterone for a 40-year old man who has Pain - Bones, Hypogonadism Male (2 hours ago)