Review: could Chlorthalidone cause Dry eye (Dry eyes)?
Summary: Dry eye is found among people who take Chlorthalidone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Ventolin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 1,846 people who have side effects while taking Chlorthalidone from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Dry eye. Find out below who they are, when they have Dry eye and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Chlorthalidone and have Dry eye >>>
Chlorthalidone has active ingredients of chlorthalidone. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 1,947 Chlorthalidone users)
Dry eye (lack of adequate tears) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, acne, depression. (latest reports from 12,466 Dry eye patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 1,845 people reported to have side effects when taking Chlorthalidone. Among them, 8 people (0.43%) have Dry Eye.
Time on Chlorthalidone when people have Dry eye * :
Gender of people who have Dry eye when taking Chlorthalidone * :
|Dry eye||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Dry eye when taking Chlorthalidone * :
|Dry eye||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Dry eye when taking Chlorthalidone ** :
How people recovered from Dry eye ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (8 people, 100.00%)
- Depression (7 people, 87.50%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (7 people, 87.50%)
- Anxiety (7 people, 87.50%)
- Ear pain (7 people, 87.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ventolin (7 people, 87.50%)
- Flexeril (7 people, 87.50%)
- Prozac (7 people, 87.50%)
- Xanax (7 people, 87.50%)
- Zithromax (7 people, 87.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dry Eye while taking Chlorthalidone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Chlorthalidone and have Dry Eye
- support group for people who take Chlorthalidone
- support group for people who have Dry eye
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Plant Sterols for a 54-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Eyes - Dry (lack of adequate tears)
- A study of side effects of Pristiq for a 49-year old man with Anxiety. The patient has Eyes - Dry (lack of adequate tears)
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Fish Oil, Effexor, Lipitor, Estradiol for a 58-year old woman with Mood Disorder, Autoimmune Disorder, Nutrition - Inadequate, Heart Disease, Anxiety Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Menopausal Symptoms. The patient has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Constipation, Headache, Tension, Eyes - Dry, Abdominal Bloating
- A study of side effects of Lexapro for a 47-year old woman with Pnd. The patient has Eyes - Dry (lack of adequate tears)
- A study of side effects of Chlorthalidone for a 41-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Sleepy
Recent Chlorthalidone related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.