Review: could Chlorthalidone cause Dry eye (Dry eyes)?
Summary: Dry eye is found among people who take Chlorthalidone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Ventolin, and have Hypertension.
We study 1,842 people who have side effects while taking Chlorthalidone from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Dry eye. Find out below who they are, when they have Dry eye and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Chlorthalidone and have Dry eye >>>
Chlorthalidone has active ingredients of chlorthalidone. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Chlorthalidone 1,943 users)
Dry eye (lack of adequate tears) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, acne, depression.(latest reports from Dry eye 12,196 patients)
On Dec, 5, 2014: 1,842 people reported to have side effects when taking Chlorthalidone. Among them, 8 people (0.43%) have Dry Eye.
Time on Chlorthalidone when people have Dry eye * :
Gender of people who have Dry eye when taking Chlorthalidone * :
|Dry eye||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Dry eye when taking Chlorthalidone * :
|Dry eye||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Dry eye when taking Chlorthalidone ** :
How people recovered from Dry eye ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (8 people, 100.00%)
- Depression (7 people, 87.50%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (7 people, 87.50%)
- Anxiety (7 people, 87.50%)
- Ear pain (7 people, 87.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ventolin (7 people, 87.50%)
- Flexeril (7 people, 87.50%)
- Prozac (7 people, 87.50%)
- Xanax (7 people, 87.50%)
- Zithromax (7 people, 87.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dry Eye while taking Chlorthalidone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Chlorthalidone and have Dry Eye
- support group for people who take Chlorthalidone
- support group for people who have Dry Eye
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does xarelto contribute to extreme thinning of hair (1 answer)
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who has Dry Eyes, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Glimepiride, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Gabapentin, Pravastatin Sodium, Metformin, Lisinopril, Xarelto)
extreme hair thinning
inability to relieve dry eye symptoms (burning, feeling of foreign object in eyes
can anything be done to correct these eymptoms
- Anyone else develop facial swelling during clonazepam withdrawal and not recover from it several years later?
(Asked by a 45 year old woman who has Dry Eyes, Excessive Hair Loss, Facial Swelling, and takes Clonazepam)
Weaned off of clonazepam 10 years ago. Body went into severe withdrawal: Hair loss/ thinning, swelling through T-zone portion of my face, excessively oily face and hair, stiff painful joints. Hair and face have never completely recovered although have days/weeks symptoms are milder, buy only wors ...
- How much can chlorthalidone rise uric acid levels
(Asked by a 73 year old man who has Blood Uric Acid Increased, and takes Chlorthalidone)
Just my results back and my uric acid level was 10.1, I have been on chlorthalidone for 2 years, before that my level was 6.0
- Are dry eyes a side effect of allegra?
(Asked by a 75 year old woman who has Glaucomatocyclitic Crises, Dry Eyes, and takes Lisinopril)
Have been taking Benedryl almost daily for the last year. After recent diagnosis pressure in eyes increasing did some research to discover a side effect of Benedryl is dry eyes which could have been a contributing factor. I'm trying to find out if there's any allergy medicine on the market that do ...
- Dry orgasm (no ejaculat) after starting taking multq and potassium
(Asked by a 63 year old man who has No Ejaculate At Orgasm, and takes Multaq, Potassium Chloride, Chlorthalidone, Zocor, Lisinopril, Tamsulosin)
I am a 63 year old male, generally in good health and active.
Per Cardiologist orders, started taking Multaq and Potassium after 2 episodes of atrial fibrilation 3weeks ago. Had 3 orgasms since and no ejaculate came out. I also have BPH, but that never stopped the ejaculate (in fact made it messy ...
More questions for: Chlorthalidone, Dry eye
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Pantoprazole dry eyes
(Posted by a 47 year old man who has Dry Eyes, and takes Pantoprazole)
started at 5 days after starting the treatment. no other medications or suplements taken. tear drops do not help. putting a tiny amount of stJohn's worth oil at the bottom of the eyes provokes tears and gives a better result. will consider changing the medication for my acid reflux condition.
More reviews for: Chlorthalidone, Dry eye
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Calcium, Loperamide Hydrochloride, Co-codamol, Aspirin, Tramadol, Prednisolone for a patient with Muscle Injury, Osteopenia, Diarrhea, Urologic Disorders, Pain, Arthritis, Inflammatory Pain. The patient has Urinary Retention, Degenerative Joint Disease, Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Joint Instability, Dry Eyes
Comments: Was on sulfasalazine but made me unwell...changed to methotrexate but stopped because of blood results. Have raised blood sugar from steroids.
Frequent urinary tract infections and self catheterisation. Retinal haemorrhage ( blots and dots) just discovered by optician with severe dry eyes
- A study of side effects of Zetia for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Eyes - Dry (lack of adequate tears)
Comments: I was on Zetia for about a year for high cholesterol. I couldn't take statin drugs. 6 months into taking Zetia I went to my eye doctor for a routine checkup. He found severe scarring of the cornea in both eyes. I did not relate it to medication at this time. I went to a cornea specialist and she is ...
- A study of side effects of Lamictal for a patient with Bipolar. The patient has Dry Eye (lack of adequate tears)
Comments: I have been experiencing symptoms of dry eye, stinging and burning and dryness in my eyes for 10 years shortly after being put on lamictal. I'm trying to see if there is anyone else who has experienced this.
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Advair Diskus 250/50 for a patient with Asthma. The patient has Thinking Slowed, Narcolepsy, Speech Disorders, Chronic Pain, Sexual Apathy, Chronic Depression, Addh, Shoulder Blade Pain, Arthritis, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Eyes - Dry, Dry Mouth, Pain Threshold Decreased, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Cervical Spinal Stenosis, Umbilical Hernia, Sleep Disorder, Involuntary Body Movements, Restless Leg Syndrome, Dizziness, Nausea And Vomiting, Fatigue - Chronic, Essential Tremor, Heat Intolerance
Comments: Been incapacitated since xmas 2010, unable to work, life has been destroyed. Crawled away from abusive relationship, lost everything. Social Security is fighting me, it's disgusting. Doctors are wretched and worthless.
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Chlorthalidone, Amlodipine Besylate, Metformin Hydrochloride; Repaglinide for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Diuretic Effect, High Blood Pressure, Diabetic Complication. The patient has Face Rash That Is Mild To Moderate And Extends To Ears/neck At Times.
Comments: The rash is only on my face. It comes and goes in severity from mild to moderate and is often on my cheeks and around my inner skin near my eyes/nose. It's sometimes itchy. The rash is often flat with bumps under the skin and then raised with pimple clusters but not like acne. At hospital ER onc ...
More related studies for: Chlorthalidone, Dry eye
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.