Review: could Cholestyramine cause Diarrhea?
Summary: Diarrhea is found among people who take Cholestyramine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Cholestyramine resin, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 1,681 people who have side effects while taking Cholestyramine from FDA and social media. Among them, 202 have Diarrhea. Find out below who they are, when they have Diarrhea and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cholestyramine and have Diarrhea >>>
Cholestyramine has active ingredients of cholestyramine. It is often used in diarrhea. (latest outcomes from 1,743 Cholestyramine users)
Diarrhea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 139,378 Diarrhea patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 1,681 people reported to have side effects when taking Cholestyramine. Among them, 202 people (12.02%) have Diarrhea.
Time on Cholestyramine when people have Diarrhea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Diarrhea when taking Cholestyramine * :
Age of people who have Diarrhea when taking Cholestyramine * :
Severity of Diarrhea when taking Cholestyramine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Diarrhea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (31 people, 15.35%)
- Neuroendocrine tumour (21 people, 10.40%)
- Pain (19 people, 9.41%)
- Hypertension (16 people, 7.92%)
- Diarrhoea (14 people, 6.93%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cholestyramine resin (52 people, 25.74%)
- Aspirin (51 people, 25.25%)
- Prilosec (37 people, 18.32%)
- Zometa (36 people, 17.82%)
- Zyrtec (36 people, 17.82%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of cholestyramine and diarrhea on
Do you have Diarrhea while taking Cholestyramine?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Cholestyramine and have Diarrhea
- support group for people who take Cholestyramine
- support group for people who have Diarrhea
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Flomax for a 63-year old man with BPH. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of side effects of Ashwagandha for a 70-year old woman with Inflammatory Pain. The patient has Loose Bowel Movements
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a 45-year old woman with Pain - Back. The patient has Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Diarrhea, Blood Pressure Diastolic Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Aloe, Toprol-xl, Synthroid for a 80-year old woman with General Health, Heartburn, Hypertension, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Feeling Cold, Frequent Bowel Movements, Lightheadedness - Fainting, Tingling Of Head And Body
- A study of side effects of Prozac for a 19-year old girl with Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Diarrhea
Recent Cholestyramine related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.