Review: could Chromium picolinate cause Anasarca (Swelling)?
Summary: Anasarca is reported only by a few people who take Chromium picolinate.
We study 170 people who have side effects while taking Chromium picolinate from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Anasarca. Find out below who they are, when they have Anasarca and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Chromium picolinate and have Anasarca >>>
Chromium picolinate has active ingredients of chromium. It is often used in metabolism. (latest outcomes from 239 Chromium picolinate users)
Anasarca (general swelling, or massive oedema) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, osteoporosis, metastases to bone. (latest reports from 22,157 Anasarca patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 170 people reported to have side effects when taking Chromium picolinate. Among them, 3 people (1.76%) have Anasarca.
Time on Chromium picolinate when people have Anasarca * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Anasarca when taking Chromium picolinate * :
Age of people who have Anasarca when taking Chromium picolinate * :
Severity of Anasarca when taking Chromium picolinate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Anasarca ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Food craving (1 people, 33.33%)
- Fat (1 people, 33.33%)
- Weight loss (1 people, 33.33%)
- Multiple myeloma (1 people, 33.33%)
- Lung water (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Hydrochlorothiazide (3 people, 100.00%)
- Phentermine (2 people, 66.67%)
- Vanadyl sulfate (1 people, 33.33%)
- Humalog (1 people, 33.33%)
- Multivitamin (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of chromium picolinate and anasarca on
Do you have Anasarca while taking Chromium Picolinate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Chromium picolinate and have Anasarca
- support group for people who take Chromium picolinate
- support group for people who have Anasarca
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Omeprazole for a 51-year old woman with Gas - Belching, Belching. The patient has Swelling
- A study of drug interactions between Modafinil, Doxycycline, Prednisone, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Oxycodone, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Allegra, Zantac 150, Metformin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Cefprozil, Allopurinol for a 32-year old man with Hypersomnia, Infection, Swelling, Pain In Limb, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Allergy To Plants, Acid Reflux, High Blood Sugar, Stress, Gout. The patient has Itching, Elevated Liver Enzymes, Insulin C-peptide Increased, Complement Factor C3 Increased, Blood Uric Acid Increased, Pseudopapilloedema, Lymphadenopathy Mediastinal, Vision Blurred, Hives, Swelling, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Adderall 30, Levothyroxine Sodium, Wellbutrin, Lamictal for a 28-year old woman with Back Pain, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Hypothyroidism, Depression, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Lumpy Breasts, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Swelling, Leg Swelling, Abdominal Pain Lower, Swelling
- A study of side effects of Tasigna for a 24-year old woman with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML). The patient has Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Fatigue - Chronic (long feeling of tiredness), Edema (excess of watery fluid collecting in the cavities or tissues of the body)
- A study of drug interactions between Citalopram Hydrobromide, Colace, Omeprazole, Diazepam for a 19-year old girl with Anxiety Disorder, Constipation, Gastritis. The patient has Chest Tightness, Cold Hands And Feet, Pale Lips, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Shoulder Aches, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Rib Cage Pain, Swelling, Sleeplessness, Headache, Lightheadedness - Fainting, Twitchy Leg, Chest Pain, Tumour Pain
Recent Chromium picolinate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Chromium, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Buspar for a 34-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Chromium Picolinate, Amaryl for a 10-year old boy who has Diabetes Mellitus
- Comparions of L - Carnitine, Chromium Picolinate, Phentermine, Spironolactone, Vesicare for a 42-year old woman who has Cluster Headaches
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Nexium, Chromium Picolinate, Balsalazide Disodium, Avonex for a 55-year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis
- Comparions of Chromium, Vitamin B12, Fluoxetine Hydrochloride (Barr) - EQ 20MG BASE, Spironolactone (Actavis Elizabeth) - 50MG for a 37-year old woman who has Acne Nos
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.