Review: could Chromium picolinate cause Anasarca (Swelling)?
Summary: Anasarca is reported only by a few people who take Chromium picolinate.
We study 168 people who have side effects while taking Chromium picolinate from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Anasarca. Find out below who they are, when they have Anasarca and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Chromium picolinate and have Anasarca >>>
Chromium picolinate has active ingredients of chromium. It is often used in metabolism. (latest outcomes from Chromium picolinate 237 users)
Anasarca (general swelling, or massive oedema) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, metastases to bone.(latest reports from Anasarca 21,479 patients)
On Nov, 27, 2014: 168 people reported to have side effects when taking Chromium picolinate. Among them, 3 people (1.79%) have Anasarca.
Time on Chromium picolinate when people have Anasarca * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Anasarca when taking Chromium picolinate * :
Age of people who have Anasarca when taking Chromium picolinate * :
Severity of Anasarca when taking Chromium picolinate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Anasarca ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Food craving (1 people, 33.33%)
- Fat (1 people, 33.33%)
- Weight loss (1 people, 33.33%)
- Multiple myeloma (1 people, 33.33%)
- Lung water (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Hydrochlorothiazide (3 people, 100.00%)
- Phentermine (2 people, 66.67%)
- Vanadyl sulfate (1 people, 33.33%)
- Humalog (1 people, 33.33%)
- Multivitamin (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Anasarca while taking Chromium Picolinate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Chromium picolinate and have Anasarca
- support group for people who take Chromium picolinate
- support group for people who have Anasarca
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Hypothyroid and herbal supplements
(Asked by a 38 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, and takes Garcinia Cambogia, Green Tea Extract, Grapefruit Extract, Grapefruit Seed Extract, African Mango, Pyruvate, Ginseng, Panax, Chromium, Beta-alanine, Capsicum)
hello, does anyone know if any/all of the above can be harmful if suffer from hypothyroidism?
All these are part of one weight loss supplement which I would look to try but I am concerned if there may be any adverse effects
- I have nightmares almost every night with thrashing and kicking...is this caused by my medications
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Thrashing And Kicking Nightmares, and takes Trazodone Hydrochloride, Prozac, Ginkgo Biloba, Hydralazine Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Terazosin Hydrochloride, Potassium Chloride, Beta Glucans, Ashwagandha, Garlic Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamin C, Coenzyme Q10, Ginseng, Melatonin, Salmon Oil, Slo-Niacin, Zinc Sulfate, Probiotic, Glycine, Grape Seed, Chromium Picolinate, SEANOL, Iron EDTA, Vitamin D, B Complex Vitamin, Multivitamin)
Diagnosed with sleep apnea 2 years ago and uses a C-pap machine every night.
- Ascending aortic aneurysm
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Aortic Aneurysm, and takes B Complex Vitamin, CoQ10, Vitamin B12, Calcium, Magnesium, Vitamin D, Probiotics, Fish Oil, Flaxseed Oil, Chromium Picolinate)
I would like to know how much vitamin c and how much coq10 you recommend for the aneurysm
- Better suggestion of treatment and overall thoughts on these supplements
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Liver Fatty, High Density Lipoprotein, and takes Trimethyl Glycine, Dandelion, Milk Thistle, Acetylcysteine, Alpha - Lipoic Acid, MSM, L-Cysteine HCl, Choline Bitartrate, Inositol, Para - Aminobenzoic Acid (paba), Lutein, Niacin, Flaxseed Oil, Fish Oil, Chromium Picolinate, Probiotics, Multivitamin)
Taking OTC Supplements (listed individual ingredients ) instead of product names.
More questions for: Chromium picolinate, Anasarca
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bone pain localized to poison ivy rash
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Itching, Swelling, Inflammation Localised, Bone Pain Or Tenderness, Poison Ivy - Oak - Sumac Rash, and takes Neem Oil, Rhus Tox, Acetaminophen, Aleve)
I am having a moderate to strong reaction to poison ivy exposure. I have a localized rash with blistering, swelling and inflammation similar to cellulitis. The rash has been progressing for about a week. The blisters are not weeping or oozing. The area is cleaned daily with neem oil soap. Coincid ...
More reviews for: Chromium picolinate, Anasarca
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Myeloma - Multiple. The patient has Swelling
Comments: hx multiple myeloma x 3 years. Developed elevated AST/ALT liver enxymes due to chemo a year ago.
Have been treated with prednisone/dexamethasone for year. Recently put on imuran with positive results.
No chemo in the past year.
Right elbow painful and significant swelling off and on x 2 months.
- A study of side effects of Risperdal for a patient with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Swelling
Comments: My stomach has been swollen for over 10 years, also constant dry mouth, very thirsty causing fluid overload. This lead to dangerously low sodium. Causing fatigue, weekness, and countless visits to E.R. from halusinations, to passing out on the way to the bathroom, with blood pressure of 36 over 2 ...
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Wellbutrin Xl, Lexapro for a patient with Pain, Eating Disorder - Bulimia, Depression. The patient has Elevated Mood, Sapho Syndrome, Electrolyte Imbalance, Stomach Pain, Indigestion, Burning Feeling When Swallowing, Throat Tightness, Chest Wall Pain, Insomnia, Vision Problems, Blood Insulin, Pain - Joints, Muscle Aches, White Blood Cell Count Decreased, Iron Deficiency Anemia, Proteinuria Present, Urine Albumin/creatinine Ratio Increased, Low Back Pain, Breath Odor, Dizziness, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Muscle Oedema, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Edema
Comments: symptoms started slowly about a year ago and have progressively gotten worse everyday. doctor has stated this could be the problem and suggests I ween off Lexapro. my electrolytes are consistently off and constant anemia despite taking iron 3 times a day. my hormone for ADH is very elevated. suggest ...
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Chromium Picolinate, Progesterone, Claritin Reditabs, Armour Thyroid, Lorazepam for a patient with Short-Term Memory Loss, Exhaustion, Growth Hormone, Allergies, Hypothyroidism, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Loss Of Hair
Comments: I always had and still have very thick healthy hair.I noticed two years ago after starting on Armour thyroid and Lorazepam also I started using a natural biodentical progesterone cream that slowly I noticed my hair was thinning out in my bang area along with the temple area.
- A study of side effects of Aleve for a patient with Strains. The patient has Edema (excess of watery fluid collecting in the cavities or tissues of the body)
Comments: Ankles started swelling really bad in late march. Secretary..tried walkin more..no help..cut down on salt etc...no help...fell and sprained ankle march 7..did not go to dr...kept walking...new better...the sprain was manageable after week or so....then crap swelling !....help...dr gave torsamide whi ...
More related studies for: Chromium picolinate, Anasarca
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.