Review: could Chromium picolinate cause Constipation?
Summary: Constipation is found among people who take Chromium picolinate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Fosamax, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 170 people who have side effects while taking Chromium picolinate from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Constipation. Find out below who they are, when they have Constipation and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Chromium picolinate and have Constipation >>>
Chromium picolinate has active ingredients of chromium. It is often used in metabolism. (latest outcomes from 239 Chromium picolinate users)
Constipation has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 81,475 Constipation patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 170 people reported to have side effects when taking Chromium picolinate. Among them, 8 people (4.71%) have Constipation.
Time on Chromium picolinate when people have Constipation * :
Gender of people who have Constipation when taking Chromium picolinate * :
Age of people who have Constipation when taking Chromium picolinate * :
Severity of Constipation when taking Chromium picolinate ** :
How people recovered from Constipation ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (4 people, 50.00%)
- Metastatic neoplasm (2 people, 25.00%)
- Constipation (2 people, 25.00%)
- Pain (2 people, 25.00%)
- Breakthrough pain (2 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fosamax (5 people, 62.50%)
- Ubidecarenone (4 people, 50.00%)
- Niacin (4 people, 50.00%)
- Flaxseed (4 people, 50.00%)
- Aspirin (4 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of chromium picolinate and constipation on
Do you have Constipation while taking Chromium Picolinate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Chromium picolinate and have Constipation
- support group for people who take Chromium picolinate
- support group for people who have Constipation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Zyflo Cr for a 34-year old woman with Sinusitis Chronic. The patient has Constipation, Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Zopiclone, Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Bisacodyl, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Morphine, Morphine Sulfate for a 42-year old woman with Ulcer - Stomach, Insomnia, Fibromyalgia, Constipation, Depression, Degenerative Joint Disease. The patient has Confusion, Blurred Vision, Constipation, Toothaches, Tooth Decay, Depression, Dizziness Exertional, Muscular Weakness, Itching, Eczema Exacerbated, Neck Pain, Headache, Tooth Loss, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Fatigue - Chronic, Weight Gain, Food Hoarding, Food Craving, Abdominal Bloating, Ocular Migraine, Stomach Pain, Bedwetting
- A study of side effects of Meloxicam for a 61-year old woman with Arthritis. The patient has Constipation
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Nexium, Lamictal, Keppra for a 42-year old woman with Sleep Disorder, Acid Reflux, Trigeminal Neuralgia. The patient has Constipation, Insomnia, Blurred Vision, Pressure Of Speech
- A study of side effects of Augmentin for a 56-year old woman with Infection. The patient has Constipation
Recent Chromium picolinate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Histamine Phosphate, Artemisia, Kali Bichromicum, Chamomilla, Amoxicillin for a 6-year old boy who has Infection
- Comparions of Chromium, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Buspar for a 34-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Chromium Picolinate, Amaryl for a 10-year old boy who has Diabetes Mellitus
- Comparions of L - Carnitine, Chromium Picolinate, Phentermine, Spironolactone, Vesicare for a 42-year old woman who has Cluster Headaches
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Nexium, Chromium Picolinate, Balsalazide Disodium, Avonex for a 55-year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.