Home > Cilostazol > Kidney failure > Cilostazol and Kidney failure
Review: could Cilostazol cause Kidney failure (Acute kidney failure)?
Summary: Kidney failure is found among people who take Cilostazol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypertension.
We study 2,413 people who have side effects while taking Cilostazol from FDA and social media. Among them, 69 have Kidney failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Kidney failure and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cilostazol and have Kidney failure >>>
Cilostazol (latest outcomes from 2,438 users) has active ingredients of cilostazol. It is often used in arteriosclerosis of the extremities.
Kidney failure (loss of kidney function) (latest reports from 57,594 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, multiple myeloma, pain.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 2,413 people reported to have side effects when taking Cilostazol. Among them, 58 people (2.40%) have Kidney Failure.
Time on Cilostazol when people have Kidney failure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Kidney failure||20.00%||13.33%||0.00%||53.33%||13.33%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Kidney failure when taking Cilostazol * :
|Kidney failure||36.67%||63.33% |
Age of people who have Kidney failure when taking Cilostazol * :
|Kidney failure||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||14.81%||85.19% |
Severity of Kidney failure when taking Cilostazol ** :
How people recovered from Kidney failure ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (14 people, 24.14%)
- Prophylaxis (8 people, 13.79%)
- Lung neoplasm malignant (7 people, 12.07%)
- Analgesic effect (6 people, 10.34%)
- Peripheral vascular disorder (5 people, 8.62%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (23 people, 39.66%)
- Furosemide (17 people, 29.31%)
- Trasylol (14 people, 24.14%)
- Glipizide (13 people, 22.41%)
- Plavix (13 people, 22.41%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Kidney Failure while taking Cilostazol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cilostazol and have Kidney Failure
- support group for people who take Cilostazol
- support group for people who have Kidney Failure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Creatinine rising on crestor & causing kidney failure
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Kidney Failure, and takes Crestor)
Husband been on Crestor for 3 years...Creatinine been increasing and he already is a diabetic and been watching his kidney function. Everything I read online points to the Crestor causing Kidney Failure but the doctors REFUSE to listen too us and now he is heading toward dialysis or a Kidney Transpl ...
- Can cilostazol cause hair loss?
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Blockage Of Leg Arteries, and takes Cilostazol)
I have been taking Cilostazol 100mg for 8 months for vascular disease and recently noticed I am losing ALOT of hair. I'm just wondering if anyone else is having this problem and if it is possible that it is the Cilostazol causing the hair loss. And when I say ALOT of hair, I mean it is coming out in ...
- Did all of these medications cause kidney failure and liver failure
(Asked by a 76 year old woman who has Renal Failure, and takes Lortab, Celebrex, Arava, Exforge, Pioglitazone, Bystolic)
never had a liver diagnosis, took the celebrex for 1 week, and did not have blood work before subscribed, does any of these medications mixed cause problems?
admitted for fall, discharged one week later to hospice
- Does smoking marijuana while being treated for periperal artery disease worsen the disease?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Peripheral Artery Disease, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Pletal, Lipitor, Ambien, Atenolol, Wellbutrin Xl)
I've had two bi-femoral bypass grafts that have failed due to over-healing. I have a stent in my left leg and the right leg has had to find it's own blood flow as a stent couldn't be introduced. I have burning pain in my toes in the right leg. It is like the pain I had when my toes turned black 3 ...
- I have stage 3 kidney failure and i drink folgers cappuccino daily one of the ingredients is dipotassium phosphate is that harmful to my kidneys
(Asked by a 50 year old woman who has Stage 3 Kidney Failure, Kidney Failure)
is folgers cappuccino mix ok to drink if you have stage 3 kidney failure
More questions for: Cilostazol, Kidney failure
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Incontinence - Urinary, Pedophilia, Nightmares, Acute Kidney Failure, and takes Effexor)
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
More reviews for: Cilostazol, Kidney failure
- A study of drug interactions between Pletal, Prolia, Humalog Kwikpen, Lantus Solostar, Omeprazole, Aspirin, Simvastatin, Ramipril, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a patient with Blocked Artery, Vitamin D Decreased, Diabetes Mellitus, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Stomach Discomfort, High Blood Cholesterol, Blood Pressure Increased, Angina. The patient has Stomach Pain
Comments: 18 months ago I experienced pain in my stomach. I saw a physician who after scans suggested that the drugs might be in conflict. He prescribed prontoprazol and the pain disappeared. The pain returned last October but this time Prontoprazol has not solved the problem. I decided to stop taking all med ...
- A study of drug interactions between Chlorhexidine Gluconate, Cymbalta, Lyrica, Ambien, Metoprolol Tartrate, Crestor, Prilosec, Robaxin-750, Vicoprofen for a patient with Post-operative Wound Infection, Radicular Pain, Neuropathic Pain, Insomnia, Hypertension, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Acid Reflux, Muscle Spasms, Chronic Pain. The patient has Confusion, Renal Failure - Acute, Vomiting Post-operative
Comments: I suffered Renal failure following oral surgery. Had teeth (all) removed due to dry mouth syndrome, and titanium studs (2) placed in lower jaw for dentures.
The Oral surg. prescribed Chlorhexidine Gluconate following surgery.
Approx. 2 weeks after surgery I had to be transported to Hospital by a ...
- A study of side effects of Ritalin for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Kidney Failure (loss of kidney function), Impotence And Age
Comments: I took this drug for a brief time in the second grade. Very soon I started having headaches, water retention, etc. I was taken to the hospital and was in there a week recovering from near kidney failure. Starting in my teen years to the present time I have trouble achieving and maintaining a erectio ...
- A study of drug interactions between Cilostazol, Coumadin, Quinapril, Toprol-xl, Fortesta for a patient with PAD, Mechanical Acne, Hypertension, Testosterone. The patient has
Comments: diagnosed with an enlarged pituitary discovered in 2002 but pursued because of blurred vision which became obvious in 2008. Inoperable because the tumor is so large that I require brain surgery but since I'm on Coumadin for an artificial aortic heart valve since June 1999 I would bleed to death so ...
- A study of drug interactions between Solu-medrol, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a patient with Pneumonia. The patient has Renal Failure
Comments: My kindeys worked before the week in the hospital in September 2012, thenafter a week of these drugs that gave be diabetes, needed heparin and insulin, my 24 hr urine spilled over 34,000 units and have been going downhill since. Hospitalized again in October in respiratory failure, BP out of contro ...
More related studies for: Cilostazol, Kidney failure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.