From FDA reports: Cimetidine and Diarrhoea
This is a study of Diarrhoea (Diarrhea) among people who take Cimetidine. The study analyzes: the time on Cimetidine when people have Diarrhoea, gender and age of these people, the severity of Diarrhoea, how they recovered, and common conditions and drugs used besides Cimetidine. In total 5,073 Cimetidine users are studied. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and is updated regularly.
Do you have a question? Healthcare is personal: one drug can work differently between women and men, or for people of different ages. How do you find patients like you to answer your question, and ensure only patients like you can answer it? Our Personalized Q&A can help. Start now
Cimetidine has active ingredients of cimetidine. It is used in gastroesophageal reflux disease, gastric ulcer, warts, viral gastroenteritis, stomach flu . Commonly reported side effects of Cimetidine include nausea, fever, nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, pain.
Diarrhoea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis.
On Jun, 9, 2013: 5,073 people reported to have side effects when taking Cimetidine. Among them, 328 people (6.47%) have Diarrhoea.
Time on Cimetidine when people have Diarrhoea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Diarrhoea when taking Cimetidine * :
Age of people who have Diarrhoea when taking Cimetidine * :
Severity of Diarrhoea when taking Cimetidine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Diarrhoea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (47 people, 14.33%)
- Breast cancer (41 people, 12.50%)
- Ovarian cancer (26 people, 7.93%)
- Prophylaxis (25 people, 7.62%)
- Migraine (24 people, 7.32%)
Login or sign up (it's free) to view more results.
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Dexamethasone (79 people, 24.09%)
- Carboplatin (72 people, 21.95%)
- Taxol (48 people, 14.63%)
- Benadryl (47 people, 14.33%)
- Alprazolam (47 people, 14.33%)
Login or sign up (it's free) to view more results.
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
(If the study does not answer your question, use Personalized Q&A)
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Next: check whether diarrhoea is from a drug or a condition
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Cimetidine (cimetidine) is often used for gastroesophageal reflux disease. Find out below the conditions Cimetidine is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Cimetidine used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Cimetidine side effects from A to Z:
Browse Cimetidine drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Related personalized Q&As (what is this?):
- Can imodium and tagamet cause insomnia ?
(for a 37 year old woman who has Heartburn, Diarrhea, and takes Tagamet Hb, Imodium)
Have taken 2 OTC Tagamet per day for 2 days and up to 4 Imodium per day for diarrhea. Have not been able to sleep during the 2 nights I've taken these two drugs together. I feel quite exhausted, but cannot actually fall asleep. Even after taking 2 OTC Sominex ( the doxylamine type ), but
I may d ...
Recent related drug checks on eHealthMe:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent drug studies on eHealthMe:
- Simvastatin for a 69-year old man who has Fexofenadine (4 minutes ago)
- Nuvaring, Viibryd, Xanax, Adderall 30 for a 27-year old woman who has Birth Control And Family Planning, Depression - Major, Anxiety Disorder, Panic Attacks , Focus, Concentration (7 minutes ago)
- Allopurinol, Finasteride, Perindopril Erbumine for a 69-year old man who has Gout, Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure (8 minutes ago)
- Trazodone Hydrochloride for a 29-year old woman who has Anxiety & Insomnia (14 minutes ago)
- Levaquin for a 48-year old woman who has Infection (2 hours ago)
- Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Homatropine Methylbromide for a 55-year old man who has Pain (3 hours ago)
- Wellbutrin Sr, Strattera for a 40-year old woman who has Depression , ADD (3 hours ago)
- Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a 39-year old woman who has Migraine Without Aura (3 hours ago)
- Fenofibrate, Hyzaar, Estradiol, Topamax, Zoloft, Glucovance for a 50-year old woman who has Hypocholesterolaemia, Blood Pressure Management, Total Hysterectomy, Migraine Prophylaxis, Anxiety And Stress, Diabetes Mellitus Management (3 hours ago)
- Mirena for a 17-year old girl who has Contraception (3 hours ago)