Home > Cimetidine > Diarrhoea > Cimetidine and Diarrhoea
Review: could Cimetidine cause Diarrhoea (Diarrhea)?
We study 5,189 people who have side effects while taking Cimetidine from FDA and social media. Among them, 228 have Diarrhoea. Find out below who they are, when they have Diarrhoea and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Cimetidine and have Diarrhoea >>>
Cimetidine (latest outcomes from 5,291 users) has active ingredients of cimetidine. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Diarrhoea (latest reports from 1,105,125 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, depression.
On Sep, 19, 2014: 5,189 people reported to have side effects when taking Cimetidine. Among them, 335 people (6.46%) have Diarrhoea.
Time on Cimetidine when people have Diarrhoea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Diarrhoea when taking Cimetidine * :
Age of people who have Diarrhoea when taking Cimetidine * :
Severity of Diarrhoea when taking Cimetidine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Diarrhoea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (51 people, 15.22%)
- Breast cancer (44 people, 13.13%)
- Ovarian cancer (26 people, 7.76%)
- Prophylaxis (25 people, 7.46%)
- Migraine (24 people, 7.16%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Dexamethasone (83 people, 24.78%)
- Carboplatin (73 people, 21.79%)
- Taxol (51 people, 15.22%)
- Benadryl (50 people, 14.93%)
- Paclitaxel (48 people, 14.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diarrhoea while taking Cimetidine?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Cimetidine and have Diarrhoea
- group for people who take Cimetidine
- group for people who have Diarrhoea
Comments from related studies:
From this study (17 hours ago):
Pain when going poop
Pain in legs and joints
From this study (5 days ago):
Trombosit less than 90.000
First diagnosed as dengue fever
From this study (6 days ago):
I started taking garcinia cambogia to lose some weight, but three days after taking it I began to have diarreah, green stool, and awful sharp stomach pains.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Cimetidine, Diarrhoea
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Isoniazid: the downside continued
I also have extreme fatigue. I can sleep 8 hours and then take a 4 hour nap. I have dizziness which seems to be increasing in the last few weeks. I have nausea on and off. I have diarrhea in the morning 45 minutes after taking it. Then I am mostly constipated for the rest of the day. It seems ...
- Gemfibrozil, depression and sleepiness
I would like to hear from anyone who has had these symptoms, and how they dealt with it, by either lowering dosage or quitting the med, or other. Also would like to hear from others who continued to drink moderately and if this drug lowered their triglycerides...or those who were no longer able to ...
More reviews for: Cimetidine, Diarrhoea
On eHealthMe, Cimetidine (cimetidine) is often used for gastroesophageal reflux disease. Find out below the conditions Cimetidine is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Cimetidine used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Aspirin And Dipyridamole, Aspirin, Alprazolam, Gabapentin, Guanfacine Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Abilify, Baclofen, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a 64-year old man who has Headache, Blood Thinner, Anxiety Disorder, Peripheral Neuropathy, Chloresterol, Depression, Thyroid Disorder (50 minutes ago)
- Benadryl for a 26-year old woman who has Allergies (59 minutes ago)
- Curcumin, Borage Oil, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Folic Acid, Amlodipine Besylate, Humira, Methotrexate, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 60-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypertension (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Neurontin and Herba Ginkgo Biloba
- Metoprolol Tartrate and Tapazole
- Cromolyn Sodium and Angioedema
- Platelet Count Decreased and Avodart
Recent user comments
- "Esophagitis gastritis for years, scope every five yea ... " (2 hours ago)
- "hypertension difficult to control; toprol augmented w ... " (3 hours ago)
- "i have night chest tightness,,, cough,, seeded medica ... " (4 hours ago)
- High Blood Pressure
- Puncture Weed