Review: could Cimetidine cause Diarrhoea (Diarrhea)?
Summary: Diarrhoea is found among people who take Cimetidine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Dexamethasone, and have Pain.
We study 5,189 people who have side effects while taking Cimetidine from FDA and social media. Among them, 228 have Diarrhoea. Find out below who they are, when they have Diarrhoea and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cimetidine and have Diarrhoea >>>
Cimetidine has active ingredients of cimetidine. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 5,291 Cimetidine users)
Diarrhoea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, depression. (latest reports from 170,816 Diarrhoea patients)
On Mar, 5, 2015: 5,189 people reported to have side effects when taking Cimetidine. Among them, 335 people (6.46%) have Diarrhoea.
Time on Cimetidine when people have Diarrhoea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Diarrhoea when taking Cimetidine * :
Age of people who have Diarrhoea when taking Cimetidine * :
Severity of Diarrhoea when taking Cimetidine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Diarrhoea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (51 people, 15.22%)
- Breast cancer (44 people, 13.13%)
- Ovarian cancer (26 people, 7.76%)
- Prophylaxis (25 people, 7.46%)
- Migraine (24 people, 7.16%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Dexamethasone (83 people, 24.78%)
- Carboplatin (73 people, 21.79%)
- Taxol (51 people, 15.22%)
- Benadryl (50 people, 14.93%)
- Paclitaxel (48 people, 14.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Cimetidine and diarrhoea on
Do you have Diarrhoea while taking Cimetidine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Cimetidine and have Diarrhoea
- support group for people who take Cimetidine
- support group for people who have Diarrhoea
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Losartan Potassium; Hydrochlorothiazide for a 49-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Diarrhoea Aggravated, Skin Discolouration, Runny Nose
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Victoza for a 35-year old woman with Diabetes. The patient has Dizziness, Nausea, Heart Palpitations, Breathing Difficulty, Chills, Diarrhea, Fatigue
- A study of side effects of Topamax for a 53-year old woman with Migraine. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of side effects of Cyclogyl for a 52-year old woman with Eye Redness. The patient has Diarrhoea
- A study of drug interactions between Ditropan, Macrodantin for a 62-year old woman with Paraplegia, Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Diarrhoea, Abdominal Cramps
Recent Cimetidine related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.