Review: could Cimzia cause Hair loss?
Summary: Hair loss is found among people who take Cimzia, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Omeprazole, and have Crohn's disease.
We study 12,966 people who have side effects while taking Cimzia from FDA and social media. Among them, 98 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cimzia and have Hair loss >>>
Cimzia has active ingredients of certolizumab pegol. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 13,020 Cimzia users)
Hair loss has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression. (latest reports from 42,762 Hair loss patients)
On Apr, 2, 2015: 12,966 people reported to have side effects when taking Cimzia. Among them, 98 people (0.76%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Cimzia when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||38.46%||38.46%||7.69%||7.69%||7.69%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Hair loss when taking Cimzia * :
|Hair loss||94.44%||5.56% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Cimzia * :
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||1.27%||11.39%||25.32%||34.18%||20.25%||7.59% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Cimzia ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair loss||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Crohn's disease (63 people, 64.29%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (15 people, 15.31%)
- Psoriasis (8 people, 8.16%)
- Spondylitis (8 people, 8.16%)
- Headache (2 people, 2.04%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Omeprazole (10 people, 10.20%)
- Tramadol hcl (9 people, 9.18%)
- Caltrate d3 (8 people, 8.16%)
- Piascledine (8 people, 8.16%)
- Prednisone (8 people, 8.16%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of cimzia and hair loss on
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Cimzia?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Cimzia and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Cimzia
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Cimzia related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Humira, Enbrel, Simponi, Cimzia for a 36-year old man who has Psoriatic Arthritis
- Comparions of Cimzia, Simponi, Remicade, Humira, Enbrel for a 40-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Cimzia, Enbrel for a 60-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Humira, Cimzia for a 30-year old woman who has Arthritis - Psoriatic
- Comparions of Humira, Enbrel, Simponi, Cimzia, Remicade for a 35-year old woman who has Ankylosing Spondylitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.