Review: could Cimzia cause Hypertension (High blood pressure)?
Summary: Hypertension is found among people who take Cimzia, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Crohn's disease.
We study 12,966 people who have side effects while taking Cimzia from FDA and social media. Among them, 138 have Hypertension. Find out below who they are, when they have Hypertension and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cimzia and have Hypertension >>>
Cimzia has active ingredients of certolizumab pegol. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 13,020 Cimzia users)
Hypertension (high blood pressure) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain. (latest reports from 352,359 Hypertension patients)
On Apr, 12, 2015: 12,966 people reported to have side effects when taking Cimzia. Among them, 138 people (1.06%) have Hypertension.
Time on Cimzia when people have Hypertension * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Hypertension when taking Cimzia * :
Age of people who have Hypertension when taking Cimzia * :
Severity of Hypertension when taking Cimzia ** :
How people recovered from Hypertension ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Crohn's disease (78 people, 56.52%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (58 people, 42.03%)
- Psoriasis (8 people, 5.80%)
- Spondylitis (8 people, 5.80%)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (6 people, 4.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (31 people, 22.46%)
- Prednisone (29 people, 21.01%)
- Folic acid (20 people, 14.49%)
- Omeprazole (17 people, 12.32%)
- Vitamin d (15 people, 10.87%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of cimzia and hypertension on
Do you have Hypertension while taking Cimzia?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Cimzia and have Hypertension
- support group for people who take Cimzia
- support group for people who have Hypertension
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Hydroxyzine Pamoate, Complera, Tapazole for a 55-year old woman with Stress And Anxiety, Hiv Infection Cdc Category A1, Hyperthyroidism. The patient has Anxiety And Stress, High Blood Pressure
- A study of side effects of Cozaar for a 59-year old man with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Blood Pressure Increased, High Blood Sugar, Hypotriglyceridaemia
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Valium, Tylenol, Dextrose 60%, Cymbalta for a 50-year old woman with Thyroid Hormone Replacement Therapy, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Pain, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Pain, Suicidal Thoughts, Blood Pressure Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Chlorthalidone, Loratadine, Advair Diskus 250/50, Tramadol for a 57-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Hay Fever, Asthma, Arthritis Bacterial. The patient has Multiple Allergies, Sleep Apnea, High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Proventil-hfa, Symbicort, Metoprolol Tartrate, Ritalin, Effexor Xr, Mirtazapine, Clonazepam for a 43-year old woman with Acute Upper Airway Obstruction, High Blood Pressure, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Depression, Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has High Blood Pressure
Recent Cimzia related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Humira, Enbrel, Simponi, Cimzia for a 36-year old man who has Psoriatic Arthritis
- Comparions of Cimzia, Simponi, Remicade, Humira, Enbrel for a 40-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Cimzia, Enbrel for a 60-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Humira, Cimzia for a 30-year old woman who has Arthritis - Psoriatic
- Comparions of Humira, Enbrel, Simponi, Cimzia, Remicade for a 35-year old woman who has Ankylosing Spondylitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.