Review: could Cimzia cause Rash generalised (Rashes)?
Summary: Rash generalised is found among people who take Cimzia, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prednisone, and have Crohn's disease.
We study 12,966 people who have side effects while taking Cimzia from FDA and social media. Among them, 680 have Rash generalised. Find out below who they are, when they have Rash generalised and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cimzia and have Rash generalised >>>
Cimzia has active ingredients of certolizumab pegol. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 13,020 Cimzia users)
Rash generalised (rash on most of body parts) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, depression. (latest reports from 146,504 Rash generalised patients)
On Apr, 12, 2015: 12,966 people reported to have side effects when taking Cimzia. Among them, 680 people (5.24%) have Rash Generalised.
Time on Cimzia when people have Rash generalised * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Rash generalised||40.84%||38.74%||13.09%||6.81%||0.52%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Rash generalised when taking Cimzia * :
|Rash generalised||75.53%||24.47% |
Age of people who have Rash generalised when taking Cimzia * :
|Rash generalised||0.00%||0.00%||1.77%||10.63%||15.35%||24.21%||27.56%||20.47% |
Severity of Rash generalised when taking Cimzia ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Rash generalised||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Rash generalised ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Rash generalised||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Crohn's disease (363 people, 53.38%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (173 people, 25.44%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (16 people, 2.35%)
- Vitamin supplementation (14 people, 2.06%)
- Iron deficiency anaemia (12 people, 1.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone (76 people, 11.18%)
- Folic acid (50 people, 7.35%)
- Methotrexate (49 people, 7.21%)
- Vitamin d (32 people, 4.71%)
- Vitamin b-12 (31 people, 4.56%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Rash Generalised while taking Cimzia?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Cimzia and have Rash Generalised
- support group for people who take Cimzia
- support group for people who have Rash Generalised
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Levemir, NovoRapid, Implanon for a 28-year old woman with Diabetes, Birth Control. The patient has Rash
- A study of side effects of Co-codamol for a 29-year old woman with Neck Pain. The patient has Rash Generalised
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Amlodipine Besylate, Nexium for a 55-year old woman with Pain, High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux. The patient has Increased Thirst, Dry Skin, Diarrhea, Skin Rash, Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Suboxone, Nuvigil for a 25-year old woman with Noni, Narcolepsy. The patient has Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Rash
- A study of side effects of Levaquin for a 49-year old woman with Respiratory Disorder. The patient has Neck Pain, Back Pain, Hypertensive Heart Disease, Rash Generalised, Skin Burning Sensation, Skin Sensitisation, Sun-induced Skin Changes - Keratosis, Short-term Memory Loss, Tendon Pain, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Neuropathy, Arterial Spasm
Recent Cimzia related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Humira, Enbrel, Simponi, Cimzia for a 36-year old man who has Psoriatic Arthritis
- Comparions of Cimzia, Simponi, Remicade, Humira, Enbrel for a 40-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Cimzia, Enbrel for a 60-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Humira, Cimzia for a 30-year old woman who has Arthritis - Psoriatic
- Comparions of Humira, Enbrel, Simponi, Cimzia, Remicade for a 35-year old woman who has Ankylosing Spondylitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.