Review: could Cimzia cause Weight gain (Weight increased)?
Summary: Weight gain is found among people who take Cimzia, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prednisone, and have Crohn's disease.
We study 12,966 people who have side effects while taking Cimzia from FDA and social media. Among them, 107 have Weight gain. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cimzia and have Weight gain >>>
Cimzia has active ingredients of certolizumab pegol. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 13,020 Cimzia users)
Weight Gain has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 76,706 Weight Gain patients)
On Apr, 15, 2015: 12,966 people reported to have side effects when taking Cimzia. Among them, 107 people (0.83%) have Weight Gain.
Time on Cimzia when people have Weight gain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain||35.00%||30.00%||10.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Weight gain when taking Cimzia * :
|Weight gain||80.51%||19.49% |
Age of people who have Weight gain when taking Cimzia * :
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||13.33%||14.67%||36.00%||16.00%||20.00% |
Severity of Weight gain when taking Cimzia ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Weight gain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Crohn's disease (69 people, 64.49%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (12 people, 11.21%)
- Spondylitis (9 people, 8.41%)
- Psoriasis (8 people, 7.48%)
- Dyspepsia (3 people, 2.80%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone (15 people, 14.02%)
- Omeprazole (12 people, 11.21%)
- Vitamin d (11 people, 10.28%)
- Folic acid (10 people, 9.35%)
- Tramadol hcl (10 people, 9.35%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of cimzia and weight gain on
Do you have Weight Gain while taking Cimzia?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Cimzia and have Weight Gain
- support group for people who take Cimzia
- support group for people who have Weight Gain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Simvastatin, Hydroxyzine, Effexor Xr for a 36-year old woman with Hypertension, High Blood Cholesterol, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Effexor for a 45-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Seroquel for a 40-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Vesicare for a 36-year old woman with Overactive Bladder. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide, Amlodipine Besylate for a 51-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Loss Of Libido, Weight Gain, Supraventricular Tachycardia, Tired Eyes, Red Eyes, Dry Eyes, Glaucoma, Blurred Vision, Watery Eyes
Recent Cimzia related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Humira, Enbrel, Simponi, Cimzia for a 36-year old man who has Psoriatic Arthritis
- Comparions of Cimzia, Simponi, Remicade, Humira, Enbrel for a 40-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Cimzia, Enbrel for a 60-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Humira, Cimzia for a 30-year old woman who has Arthritis - Psoriatic
- Comparions of Humira, Enbrel, Simponi, Cimzia, Remicade for a 35-year old woman who has Ankylosing Spondylitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.