Cinnamon and Cough - from FDA reports
Cough is found among people who take Cinnamon, especially for people who are female, 60+ old also take medication Calcium, and have Gastroesophageal reflux disease. This review analyzes which people have Cough with Cinnamon. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,741 people who have side effects when taking Cinnamon from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
1,741 people reported to have side effects when taking Cinnamon.
Among them, 32 people (1.84%) have Cough
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Cough when taking Cinnamon *:
- female: 80 %
- male: 20 %
Age of people who have Cough when taking Cinnamon *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 16 %
- 60+: 84 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (4 people, 12.50%)
- Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinaemia (3 people, 9.38%)
- Osteoarthritis (3 people, 9.38%)
- Neuropathy Peripheral (3 people, 9.38%)
- High Blood Pressure (3 people, 9.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Calcium (9 people, 28.12%)
- Vitamin C (8 people, 25.00%)
- Metformin (8 people, 25.00%)
- Fish Oil (7 people, 21.88%)
- Celebrex (6 people, 18.75%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (7 people, 21.88%)
- Pain (6 people, 18.75%)
- Headache (6 people, 18.75%)
- Fatigue (6 people, 18.75%)
- Pain In Extremity (5 people, 15.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cough when taking Cinnamon?
Cinnamon has active ingredients of cassia cinnamon. It is often used in hyperglycemia. (latest outcomes from Cinnamon 1,730 users)
Cough has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, osteoporosis, pain (latest reports from 143,566 Cough patients).