Review: could Cipro cause Bursitis?
Summary: Bursitis is found among people who take Cipro, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 5,465 people who have side effects while taking Cipro from FDA and social media. Among them, 101 have Bursitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Bursitis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cipro and have Bursitis >>>
Cipro has active ingredients of ciprofloxacin hydrochloride. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Cipro 6,862 users)
Bursitis (inflammation of a bursa, typically one in the knee, elbow, or shoulder) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Bursitis 6,883 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 5,463 people reported to have side effects when taking Cipro. Among them, 101 people (1.85%) have Bursitis.
Time on Cipro when people have Bursitis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Bursitis when taking Cipro * :
Severity of Bursitis when taking Cipro ** :
How people recovered from Bursitis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (21 people, 20.79%)
- Multiple myeloma (20 people, 19.80%)
- Hypertension (19 people, 18.81%)
- Hypercalcaemia (10 people, 9.90%)
- Hypercalcaemia of malignancy (9 people, 8.91%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (92 people, 91.09%)
- Ambien (65 people, 64.36%)
- Lasix (59 people, 58.42%)
- Nexium (52 people, 51.49%)
- Aredia (50 people, 49.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bursitis while taking Cipro?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cipro and have Bursitis
- support group for people who take Cipro
- support group for people who have Bursitis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I took one a day for them days and now have boils coming up all over me: eye lid, under arms, legs, arms stomach its been about three weeks. how do i make them stop?!!!!!!!!m
I am allergic to PIN and am prescribed Video. I've never had this problem before, I rarely get sick the last time I was prescribed it was eight years ago. I took one for ten days for a throat infection I sustained after being around a two year old who had a very bad cold. I did not pay attention to the little pimples on my stomach, arms, legss, under arms now eyelids. How do I make them stop forming?!!!!!! They are becoming harder and more pa
inful ararmsbeenundearms now my legs arms
- Effective treatment for adult scoliosis
Even with these medications I have muscle spasms in my back, neck, shoulders and leg pain that makes it hard to walk. I don't understand because 2 years ago I was healthy, string, active.
- Had menigitis 8-10 years ago can it cause bursitis anxiety memory loss fatigue (1 answer)
I had meningitis and since then my short term memory is not good have anxiety problems has anybody developed any problems with muscel problems or bursitis
- I'm taking methananamine hipp so i won't get a uti. i skipped a dose and have a uti. i'm back on the methananamine hipp.can i take cipro with it for the uti?
I skipped a dose of the methenamine hipp. That was a huge no-no. I immediately got a uti. I need an antibiotic asap but I don't know if I can take cipro with the methanimine hipp. Does anybody know i should stop this antiseptic drug and take the antibiotic for now? Thanks so very much!!!!
- How long will anxiety last after celestone injection in arms?
I am experiencing shortness of breath/anxiety since getting injections of Celestone 2 months ago (June 2013). Will this correct itself or do I need further tests and medication?
More questions for: Cipro, Bursitis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- I'm curing my lichen sclerosis
I took Prempro for about 5 years and then Activella for about 3 years for Menopausal symptoms. My first obvious symptoms of a problem began in 2005 which follow all the classic symptoms of Lichen. I spent thousands on Urology exams, tests, and surgical procedures. And thousands on Gynecological attempts at remedies. Finally with no answers and no relief against the doctors advise I went off my H.R.T.s and Vagifem and then a year later all antiobiotics, creams etc. and though mending has been catastrophically slow (4 years)I am in what I'd call the last stage of mending as this condition is not just skin deep (urogenital). I have just the faintest redness left (where it first began!)and of course scarring/fusing of labia's etc. But I would say 90% of symptoms are gone. Just know it took 4 Years to heal without pain medications and all the crazy meds that just covered the 'adverse chemical reaction'. I filed a report with the FDA in 2009 and of course heard nothing back.
More reviews for: Cipro, Bursitis
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- While taking peridium for 2 days, and 500mg cipro twice daily for 10 days for UTI, I developed acute burning and the sensation of "sitting on something". After 3 more urine dipsticks (2 positive for blood and leukocytes), and 3 negative cultures, within the next 6 weeks, I am suffering from burning ...
- a month ago developed severe lower back pain which came acoss left front abdominal pain down left groin & pain,pressure in pelvic, bladder area. several test taken with nothing found. took cipro 500 mg 2 x daily for 18 days & antibiotic changed to bactrim 1 week ago asd developed arm & leg severe pa ...
- I have trouble walking (pain) since I started taking Cipro, and after being off the drug, have now fingernail abnormalities in at least 3 fingernails. Am wondering if all this was caused by Cipro. I was walking fine before starting on the drug. It feels like my tendons and joints are affected.
- This was the first pill I took. Caused sudden fatigue and weakness (used cane). Slept it off. Only thing I can figure is I had taken 25 mg of Tramadol and 4 mg Tizanidine about 2 hours prior. Now afraid what next pill will do in AM.
- I went to the emergency room because I noticed that the bottom of my face was swollen on the right side next to my chin. I was not in any pain, but thought it was strange and because I had never noticed anything like that before. The doctor was not sure what was wrong with me, said he thought it was ...
More related studies for: Cipro, Bursitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.