Review: could Cipro cause Chills?
Summary: Chills is found among people who take Cipro, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 5,465 people who have side effects while taking Cipro from FDA and social media. Among them, 137 have Chills. Find out below who they are, when they have Chills and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cipro and have Chills >>>
Cipro has active ingredients of ciprofloxacin hydrochloride. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Cipro 6,862 users)
Chills (felling of cold) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain.(latest reports from Chills 45,468 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 5,463 people reported to have side effects when taking Cipro. Among them, 137 people (2.51%) have Chills.
Time on Cipro when people have Chills * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Chills when taking Cipro * :
Severity of Chills when taking Cipro ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Chills ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (11 people, 8.03%)
- Osteonecrosis (8 people, 5.84%)
- Crohn's disease (7 people, 5.11%)
- Bone erosion (6 people, 4.38%)
- Pathological fracture (6 people, 4.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (46 people, 33.58%)
- Aredia (38 people, 27.74%)
- Levaquin (32 people, 23.36%)
- Nexium (31 people, 22.63%)
- Neurontin (30 people, 21.90%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Chills while taking Cipro?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cipro and have Chills
- support group for people who take Cipro
- support group for people who have Chills
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Cipro, Chills
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Seizure disorder med problems (1 response)
Velafaxine 150 mg. 1 per day.
In process of switching from Topiramate 50 mg. 1 pill in morning & one at night (going off of this because of kidney stones) Was on this medication approximately 10 years.
Lamotrigine 2 25mg pills in morning and 2 - 25 mg. pills at night.
On the 3rd day of the 2nd week of switching I started the nightmares. I took a one hour nap and had a nightmare that seemed like it went on the entire time. Even if I slept for 20 minutes I had a dream or nightmare. I've sometimes been known to have vivid dreams but never this constant in my entire life. Also, very seldom do I have such terrible dreams. So many in one evening. They are an occasional thing, not an all night long thing.
Also, I have sinus trouble occasionally. The same day the nightmares began I got a terrible headache behind my one eye and under my eye. I have no drainage yet anyway. Not sure if this is during the start up of this medicine, but if I had known it could cause trouble with sinus I would never have started it.
I was put on this as a quick back up plan when the medicine we agreed upon - Levetireacetam made me feel drunk feeling and I had to be careful just walking around my homes and steps.
- I'm curing my lichen sclerosis
I took Prempro for about 5 years and then Activella for about 3 years for Menopausal symptoms. My first obvious symptoms of a problem began in 2005 which follow all the classic symptoms of Lichen. I spent thousands on Urology exams, tests, and surgical procedures. And thousands on Gynecological attempts at remedies. Finally with no answers and no relief against the doctors advise I went off my H.R.T.s and Vagifem and then a year later all antiobiotics, creams etc. and though mending has been catastrophically slow (4 years)I am in what I'd call the last stage of mending as this condition is not just skin deep (urogenital). I have just the faintest redness left (where it first began!)and of course scarring/fusing of labia's etc. But I would say 90% of symptoms are gone. Just know it took 4 Years to heal without pain medications and all the crazy meds that just covered the 'adverse chemical reaction'. I filed a report with the FDA in 2009 and of course heard nothing back.
- Chills while on tizanidine
Extremely sensitive to cold and have chills several times a day
- Trying to figure out my diagnosis . no doctor can figure it out (3 responses)
I have been having these fainting spells since I was 12 .. It starts with lower abdominal pain followed by feeling light headed then I black out and my body shakes kind of like a seizure but last a few seconds then I come to ..then I feel nausea and also I have chills
More reviews for: Cipro, Chills
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Hands and feet always cold, even in hot weather. Smallest toe specifically gets numb. Feeling overwhelmed in large crowds or small spaces. Overthinking and anxiety all the time. Sweating even in cold weather. Panic attacks weekly. Get scared easily, jump when a loud sudden noise appears. Can't sleep ...
- History of comets Pancreas divisum, chronic & recurrent acute pancreatitis, gastric bile reflux
20+ ERCP/panc stents/sphincterotomies
Total Pancretectomy with auto islet cell transplant/splenectomy
Sub colectomy (80% of colon removed)
- While taking peridium for 2 days, and 500mg cipro twice daily for 10 days for UTI, I developed acute burning and the sensation of "sitting on something". After 3 more urine dipsticks (2 positive for blood and leukocytes), and 3 negative cultures, within the next 6 weeks, I am suffering from burning ...
- Fever over 102, chills, horrible pain began on day 5 taking medication. Red blotchy rash began appearing late following day on chest and back and gradually spread. Blood blister-type rash on legs. Went to ER after 4 days. Told I have sulfa allergy. Given iV fluid and meds. Need follow up blood test ...
- i am on a clinical trial, randomized, either zometa or xgeva. I believe that i receive xgeva, because prior to the start of the study, i had an infusion of zometa and had strong flu-like symptoms for 3 days. After starting the study, I have had no side effects for 8 months. after the last treatme ...
More related studies for: Cipro, Chills
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.