Home > Cipro > Chills > Cipro and Chills
Review: could Cipro cause Chills?
Summary: Chills is found among people who take Cipro, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 5,463 people who have side effects while taking Cipro from FDA and social media. Among them, 137 have Chills. Find out below who they are, when they have Chills and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cipro and have Chills >>>
Cipro (latest outcomes from 6,860 users) has active ingredients of ciprofloxacin hydrochloride. It is often used in urinary tract infection.
Chills (felling of cold) (latest reports from 45,468 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain.
On Nov, 28, 2014: 5,463 people reported to have side effects when taking Cipro. Among them, 137 people (2.51%) have Chills.
Time on Cipro when people have Chills * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Chills when taking Cipro * :
Severity of Chills when taking Cipro ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Chills ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (11 people, 8.03%)
- Osteonecrosis (8 people, 5.84%)
- Crohn's disease (7 people, 5.11%)
- Bone erosion (6 people, 4.38%)
- Pathological fracture (6 people, 4.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (46 people, 33.58%)
- Aredia (38 people, 27.74%)
- Levaquin (32 people, 23.36%)
- Nexium (31 people, 22.63%)
- Neurontin (30 people, 21.90%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Chills while taking Cipro?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cipro and have Chills
- support group for people who take Cipro
- support group for people who have Chills
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I took one a day for them days and now have boils coming up all over me: eye lid, under arms, legs, arms stomach its been about three weeks. how do i make them stop?!!!!!!!!m
(Asked by a 46 year old woman who has Re Occuring Boils For About 4 Weeks Now, and takes Cipro)
I am allergic to PIN and am prescribed Video. I've never had this problem before, I rarely get sick the last time I was prescribed it was eight years ago. I took one for ten days for a throat infection I sustained after being around a two year old who had a very bad cold. I did not pay attention to ...
- Are there any otc medications that can ease stomach pain caused by the use of colchicine
(Asked by a 40 year old man who has Stomach Pain, Chills, and takes Colchicine)
My boyfriend has gout and with severe attacks he takes his prescribed Colchine.
He is experiencing severe stomach pain and now has chills. I suggested that he may have taken too much of it and now he just wants immediate relief of his stomach pain......any suggestions or feedback from anyone with g ...
- I'm taking methananamine hipp so i won't get a uti. i skipped a dose and have a uti. i'm back on the methananamine hipp.can i take cipro with it for the uti?
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Chronic Utis From Bladder Mesh, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, and takes Methenamine Hippurate, Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride, Pyridium)
I skipped a dose of the methenamine hipp. That was a huge no-no. I immediately got a uti. I need an antibiotic asap but I don't know if I can take cipro with the methanimine hipp. Does anybody know i should stop this antiseptic drug and take the antibiotic for now? Thanks so very much!!!!
- Would cipro possibly be responsible for a weak neck /hard to hold up/feels like it will fall off.
(Asked by a 81 year old man who has Just Completed Surgery For Prostate Size And Low Grade Cancer.., and takes Tamsulosin Hydrochloride, Atorvastatin Calcium, Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride)
Surgery included removal of bladder stones an diverticula in bladder.
- Has anyone ever had testicular swelling when on cipro ou flagyl?
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Amoebic Dysentery, and takes Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride, Flagyl)
My husband is on both of these drugs as well as another for dysentery. Has anyone had problems with testicular swelling using either one of these drugs?
More questions for: Cipro, Chills
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Seizure disorder med problems
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Flaxseed Oil, Daily Vitamin, Dry Heaves, Dizziness, Nausea, Chills, Sinus Headache, Nightmares - Repeated, and takes Ginger, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Topiramate, Lamotrigine)
Velafaxine 150 mg. 1 per day.
In process of switching from Topiramate 50 mg. 1 pill in morning & one at night (going off of this because of kidney stones) Was on this medication approximately 10 years.
Lamotrigine 2 25mg pills in morning and 2 - 25 mg. pills at night.
On the 3rd day of ...
- I'm curing my lichen sclerosis
(Posted by a 67 year old woman who has Lichen Sclerosus, Hypothyroidism, and takes Prempro, Activella, Clobetasol Propionate, Cipro, Vagifem)
I took Prempro for about 5 years and then Activella for about 3 years for Menopausal symptoms. My first obvious symptoms of a problem began in 2005 which follow all the classic symptoms of Lichen. I spent thousands on Urology exams, tests, and surgical procedures. And thousands on Gynecological atte ...
- Chills while on tizanidine
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Chills, and takes Tizanidine Hydrochloride)
Extremely sensitive to cold and have chills several times a day
- Trying to figure out my diagnosis . no doctor can figure it out
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Simple Partial Seizures, Lightheadedness - Fainting, Constipation, Nausea, Chills, and takes Celexa)
I have been having these fainting spells since I was 12 .. It starts with lower abdominal pain followed by feeling light headed then I black out and my body shakes kind of like a seizure but last a few seconds then I come to ..then I feel nausea and also I have chills
More reviews for: Cipro, Chills
- A study of side effects of Ritalin for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition (sleeplessness related to another mental condition), Chapped Hands (dry and cracker hands), Fear, Focus, Shivering (felling of cold), Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Cold Sweat, Compulsions (performing an act persistently and repetitively), Panic Attacks, Costochondritis (chest wall pain), Stubbornness (dark personality traits), Restless Legs Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs), Fear Of Crowded Places, Fear Of Public Speaking (fear to go in social), Shortness Of Breath, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
Comments: Hands and feet always cold, even in hot weather. Smallest toe specifically gets numb. Feeling overwhelmed in large crowds or small spaces. Overthinking and anxiety all the time. Sweating even in cold weather. Panic attacks weekly. Get scared easily, jump when a loud sudden noise appears. Can't sleep ...
- A study of drug interactions between Xifaxan, Lidocaine, Vitamin D, Nasonex, Vitamin B12, Zenpep, Zomig, Nuvaring, Lorazepam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Fentanyl-25, Phenergan for a patient with Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Abdominal Pain, Vitamin D Decreased, Allergic Sinusitis, Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Pancreas Transplant Rejection, Migraine, Birth Control, Anxiety Disorder, Neck Injury, Hypertension, Pain - Abdomen, Postoperative Adhesion, Nausea Postoperative. The patient has Iron Deficiency Anaemia, Abdominal Bloating, Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Insomnia, Fatigue - Chronic, Migraine, Joint Stiffness, Diarrhoea Post-operative, Reflux Gastritis, Neck Pain, Abdominal Pain, Chest Tightness, Sore Throat, Cough, Nausea Post-operative, Malaise, Chills, Night Sweats, Fever
Comments: History of comets Pancreas divisum, chronic & recurrent acute pancreatitis, gastric bile reflux
20+ ERCP/panc stents/sphincterotomies
Total Pancretectomy with auto islet cell transplant/splenectomy
Sub colectomy (80% of colon removed)
- A study of side effects of Cipro for a patient with Bladder Infection. The patient has Vulvovaginal Burning Sensation
Comments: While taking peridium for 2 days, and 500mg cipro twice daily for 10 days for UTI, I developed acute burning and the sensation of "sitting on something". After 3 more urine dipsticks (2 positive for blood and leukocytes), and 3 negative cultures, within the next 6 weeks, I am suffering from burning ...
- A study of side effects of Bactrim for a patient with Sinusitis. The patient has Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Loss Of Appetite (lack of feeling to eat), Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Chills (felling of cold), Neutrophil Count Decreased (less than normal number of neutrophil a type of blood cell), Platelet Aggregation Decreased, White Blood Cell Analysis Decreased, Rash (redness), Pain Exacerbated, Fever
Comments: Fever over 102, chills, horrible pain began on day 5 taking medication. Red blotchy rash began appearing late following day on chest and back and gradually spread. Blood blister-type rash on legs. Went to ER after 4 days. Told I have sulfa allergy. Given iV fluid and meds. Need follow up blood test ...
- A study of drug interactions between Xgeva, Revlimid, Acyclovir, Crestor for a patient with Osteoporosis, Myeloma - Multiple, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Chills
Comments: i am on a clinical trial, randomized, either zometa or xgeva. I believe that i receive xgeva, because prior to the start of the study, i had an infusion of zometa and had strong flu-like symptoms for 3 days. After starting the study, I have had no side effects for 8 months. after the last treatme ...
More related studies for: Cipro, Chills
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.