Review: could Cipro cause Dehydration?
Summary: Dehydration is found among people who take Cipro, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 5,465 people who have side effects while taking Cipro from FDA and social media. Among them, 249 have Dehydration. Find out below who they are, when they have Dehydration and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cipro and have Dehydration >>>
Cipro has active ingredients of ciprofloxacin hydrochloride. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (view latest outcomes from 6,862 users)
Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, pain, osteoporosis, hepatitis c.(latest reports from Dehydration 66,048 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 5,463 people reported to have side effects when taking Cipro. Among them, 249 people (4.56%) have Dehydration.
Time on Cipro when people have Dehydration * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Dehydration when taking Cipro * :
Severity of Dehydration when taking Cipro ** :
How people recovered from Dehydration ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (25 people, 10.04%)
- Pain (17 people, 6.83%)
- Anaemia (15 people, 6.02%)
- Crohn's disease (15 people, 6.02%)
- Metastases to bone (14 people, 5.62%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (104 people, 41.77%)
- Protonix (77 people, 30.92%)
- Decadron (70 people, 28.11%)
- Ambien (68 people, 27.31%)
- Aredia (66 people, 26.51%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dehydration while taking Cipro?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cipro and have Dehydration
- support group for people who take Cipro
- support group for people who have Dehydration
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does mirtazapine cause dehydration?
(Asked by a 48 year old man who has Dehydration, and takes Mirtazapine)
Dehydrated lately. Urine is very concentrated showing dehydration. Wondering if the drug in question is the cause.
- I took one a day for them days and now have boils coming up all over me: eye lid, under arms, legs, arms stomach its been about three weeks. how do i make them stop?!!!!!!!!m
(Asked by a 46 year old woman who has Re Occuring Boils For About 4 Weeks Now, and takes Cipro)
I am allergic to PIN and am prescribed Video. I've never had this problem before, I rarely get sick the last time I was prescribed it was eight years ago. I took one for ten days for a throat infection I sustained after being around a two year old who had a very bad cold. I did not pay attention to ...
- I'm taking methananamine hipp so i won't get a uti. i skipped a dose and have a uti. i'm back on the methananamine hipp.can i take cipro with it for the uti?
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Chronic Utis From Bladder Mesh, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, and takes Methenamine Hippurate, Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride, Pyridium)
I skipped a dose of the methenamine hipp. That was a huge no-no. I immediately got a uti. I need an antibiotic asap but I don't know if I can take cipro with the methanimine hipp. Does anybody know i should stop this antiseptic drug and take the antibiotic for now? Thanks so very much!!!!
- Would cipro possibly be responsible for a weak neck /hard to hold up/feels like it will fall off. (1 answer)
(Asked by a 81 year old man who has Just Completed Surgery For Prostate Size And Low Grade Cancer.., and takes Tamsulosin Hydrochloride, Atorvastatin Calcium, Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride)
Surgery included removal of bladder stones an diverticula in bladder.
- Does dehydration affect protime results?
(Asked by a 70 year old woman who has Linda, Pulmonary Embolism, Dehydration, and takes Coumadin)
My protime has gone up to 3.1. I'm concerned about what caused it. I've been avoiding green leafy veggies, except lettuce. I generally have a salad every day. I also have a couple glasses of wine. I've been told that as long as this remains a habit it will noit affect my protime.
But I've been ver ...
More questions for: Cipro, Dehydration
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- I'm curing my lichen sclerosis
(Posted by a 67 year old woman who has Lichen Sclerosus, Hypothyroidism, and takes Prempro, Activella, Clobetasol Propionate, Cipro, Vagifem)
I took Prempro for about 5 years and then Activella for about 3 years for Menopausal symptoms. My first obvious symptoms of a problem began in 2005 which follow all the classic symptoms of Lichen. I spent thousands on Urology exams, tests, and surgical procedures. And thousands on Gynecological atte ...
More reviews for: Cipro, Dehydration
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin Pediatric for a patient with Infection - Ear. The patient has Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water), Heart Rate Increased, Breathing - Rapid And Deep, Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness), Lethargy (tiredness), Ear Infection (ear infection), Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat), Fever, Inability To Crawl, High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar)
Comments: My son is 17 months old and been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes but I just received a call from his physician that he is positive for Enterovirus. What is the connection between Enterovirus and high blood sugar levels?
- A study of side effects of Adderall for a patient with Noni. The patient has Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water), Kidney Palpable, Blood Urine
Comments: I am a student and I have been taking Adderall recreationally for performance. I went to the dr with kidney pain, they did a blood test and urinalysis. Moderate amnts of Blood cells in my urine. dehydration. Also in my past I have had an upj obstruction for which I had successful surgery when I w ...
- A study of side effects of Clindamycin Hydrochloride for a patient with Dehydration. The patient has Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water)
Comments: My blood pressure is scaring me, very very low 80/64 or lower but my pulse rate is high 104 I feel fluttering and pain in my chest and constant constant thirst. I began drinking several large glasses of water and my BP and pulse improved. As soon as I take my next dose within an hour my BP is in t ...
- A study of side effects of Cipro for a patient with Bladder Infection. The patient has Vulvovaginal Burning Sensation
Comments: While taking peridium for 2 days, and 500mg cipro twice daily for 10 days for UTI, I developed acute burning and the sensation of "sitting on something". After 3 more urine dipsticks (2 positive for blood and leukocytes), and 3 negative cultures, within the next 6 weeks, I am suffering from burning ...
- A study of side effects of Methadone Hydrochloride for a patient with Pain. The patient has Fatigue After Sun Exposure, Back Stiffness, Dry Skin, Dry Eyes (lack of adequate tears), Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water), Sweating - Excessive (abnormally increased sweating)
Comments: Every Saturday, I take my 100 mg dose earlier than usual (typically 2-3 hours earlier) due to working the Farmer's Markets. We may be under a tent, but it doesn't block out all sun while it is coming up to the high noon position. I am out in the sun for around 5 hours. By then, I have sweated out an ...
More related studies for: Cipro, Dehydration
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.