Home > Cipro > Dysphagia > Cipro and Dysphagia
Review: could Cipro cause Dysphagia (Swallowing difficulty)?
We study 5,459 people who have side effects while taking Cipro from FDA and social media. Among them, 193 have Dysphagia. Find out below who they are, when they have Dysphagia and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Cipro and have Dysphagia >>>
Cipro (latest outcomes from 6,851 users) has active ingredients of ciprofloxacin hydrochloride. It is often used in urinary tract infection.
Dysphagia (condition in which swallowing is difficult or painful) (latest reports from 250,933 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Sep, 12, 2014: 5,454 people reported to have side effects when taking Cipro. Among them, 193 people (3.54%) have Dysphagia.
Time on Cipro when people have Dysphagia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Dysphagia when taking Cipro * :
Severity of Dysphagia when taking Cipro ** :
How people recovered from Dysphagia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (31 people, 16.06%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (14 people, 7.25%)
- Hypercalcaemia of malignancy (12 people, 6.22%)
- Hypercalcaemia (11 people, 5.70%)
- Prostate cancer (8 people, 4.15%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (130 people, 67.36%)
- Aredia (105 people, 54.40%)
- Lasix (89 people, 46.11%)
- Levaquin (86 people, 44.56%)
- Neurontin (80 people, 41.45%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dysphagia while taking Cipro?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Cipro and have Dysphagia
- group for people who take Cipro
- group for people who have Dysphagia
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 weeks ago):
subcutaenous/soft tissue nodules that initialy present red, soft, tender and become smaller and firm until eventuallly resolving altogether
From this study (2 months ago):
Lost 36 pounds in 6 weeks. Burning neuropathy on hands feet arms and legs.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Cipro, Dysphagia
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- I'm curing my lichen sclerosis
I took Prempro for about 5 years and then Activella for about 3 years for Menopausal symptoms. My first obvious symptoms of a problem began in 2005 which follow all the classic symptoms of Lichen. I spent thousands on Urology exams, tests, and surgical procedures. And thousands on Gynecological atte ...
More reviews for: Cipro, Dysphagia
On eHealthMe, Cipro (ciprofloxacin hydrochloride) is often used for urinary tract infection. Find out below the conditions Cipro is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Cipro used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Amlodipine, Metformin, Lisinopril, Bystolic, Simvastatin for a 74-year old man who has High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol (30 minutes ago)
- Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 56-year old man who has Stress And Anxiety (58 minutes ago)
- Testosterone, Escitalopram, Iodine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Liothyronine Sodium, Lisinopril for a 46-year old woman who has Hormone Level Abnormal, Depression, Thyroid Disorder, High Blood Pressure (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Remicade and Cytotoxic Chemotherapy
- Tamoxifen Citrate and Anaphylactic Reaction
- Suicide Attempt
- Cytotec and Mvp
Recent user comments
- "Looking to see if this drug is causing gastritis, con ... " (59 minutes ago)
- "I started having rectal bleeding/hemmroids about 2 mo ... " (1 hour ago)
- "after 15 month i have postmenopausal bleeding i just ... " (4 hours ago)
- Asperula Odorata
- Toprol Xl Astrazeneca Eq 25mg Tartrate