Review: could Cipro cause Dysphagia (Swallowing difficulty)?
Summary: Dysphagia is found among people who take Cipro, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 5,465 people who have side effects while taking Cipro from FDA and social media. Among them, 193 have Dysphagia. Find out below who they are, when they have Dysphagia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cipro and have Dysphagia >>>
Cipro has active ingredients of ciprofloxacin hydrochloride. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Cipro 6,862 users)
Dysphagia (condition in which swallowing is difficult or painful) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis, depression.(latest reports from Dysphagia 36,324 patients)
On Nov, 27, 2014: 5,463 people reported to have side effects when taking Cipro. Among them, 193 people (3.53%) have Dysphagia.
Time on Cipro when people have Dysphagia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Dysphagia when taking Cipro * :
Severity of Dysphagia when taking Cipro ** :
How people recovered from Dysphagia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (31 people, 16.06%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (14 people, 7.25%)
- Hypercalcaemia of malignancy (12 people, 6.22%)
- Hypercalcaemia (11 people, 5.70%)
- Prostate cancer (8 people, 4.15%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (130 people, 67.36%)
- Aredia (105 people, 54.40%)
- Lasix (89 people, 46.11%)
- Levaquin (86 people, 44.56%)
- Neurontin (80 people, 41.45%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dysphagia while taking Cipro?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cipro and have Dysphagia
- support group for people who take Cipro
- support group for people who have Dysphagia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I took one a day for them days and now have boils coming up all over me: eye lid, under arms, legs, arms stomach its been about three weeks. how do i make them stop?!!!!!!!!m
(Asked by a 46 year old woman who has Re Occuring Boils For About 4 Weeks Now, and takes Cipro)
I am allergic to PIN and am prescribed Video. I've never had this problem before, I rarely get sick the last time I was prescribed it was eight years ago. I took one for ten days for a throat infection I sustained after being around a two year old who had a very bad cold. I did not pay attention to ...
- How do you overcome difficulty swallowing. with avapro
(Asked by a 69 year old man who has Impaired Swallowing, Difficulty Swallowing, and takes Avapro, Amlodipine Besylate)
I have been taking AVAPRO for about five years. There is a lot of difficulty swallowing, I just switch amlodipne and have the same problem.
Any ideas what would be an alternative to these 2 drugs or what you can do to relief this.
I have read that taking daily aspirin and vitamin C can cause this. ...
- I'm taking methananamine hipp so i won't get a uti. i skipped a dose and have a uti. i'm back on the methananamine hipp.can i take cipro with it for the uti?
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Chronic Utis From Bladder Mesh, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, and takes Methenamine Hippurate, Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride, Pyridium)
I skipped a dose of the methenamine hipp. That was a huge no-no. I immediately got a uti. I need an antibiotic asap but I don't know if I can take cipro with the methanimine hipp. Does anybody know i should stop this antiseptic drug and take the antibiotic for now? Thanks so very much!!!!
- Would cipro possibly be responsible for a weak neck /hard to hold up/feels like it will fall off. (1 answer)
(Asked by a 81 year old man who has Just Completed Surgery For Prostate Size And Low Grade Cancer.., and takes Tamsulosin Hydrochloride, Atorvastatin Calcium, Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride)
Surgery included removal of bladder stones an diverticula in bladder.
- Has anyone ever had testicular swelling when on cipro ou flagyl? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Amoebic Dysentery, and takes Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride, Flagyl)
My husband is on both of these drugs as well as another for dysentery. Has anyone had problems with testicular swelling using either one of these drugs?
More questions for: Cipro, Dysphagia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- I'm curing my lichen sclerosis
(Posted by a 67 year old woman who has Lichen Sclerosus, Hypothyroidism, and takes Prempro, Activella, Clobetasol Propionate, Cipro, Vagifem)
I took Prempro for about 5 years and then Activella for about 3 years for Menopausal symptoms. My first obvious symptoms of a problem began in 2005 which follow all the classic symptoms of Lichen. I spent thousands on Urology exams, tests, and surgical procedures. And thousands on Gynecological atte ...
More reviews for: Cipro, Dysphagia
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin Xl, Clonidine for a patient with Depression, Flushing. The patient has Neck Pain, Swallowing Difficulty
Comments: Swallowing Difficulty- Feels as though muscles may be uncoordinated on one side of the throat, or muscles are too tight and causing pressure on throat. Have had this problem on and off for about 3 years. It is a mild discomfort that can be temporarily relieved by stretch the muscles on the left side ...
- A study of side effects of Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 for a patient with Birth Control. The patient has Rapid Heart Beat, Swallowing Difficulty, Rapid Deep Breathing (hyperventilation)
Comments: i have never had this problem before. i smoked marijuana on 2 separate occasions where i got very pale, blue lips, cold sweats, belching, bloated stomach, dizziness, vision gone, and could barely hear. it starts with difficulty swallowing and heavy breathing that leads into the panic. the second tim ...
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a patient with Depression. The patient has Swallowing Difficulty
Comments: I had been taking Zoloft for approximately two weeks. Within a week, I started having difficulty swallowing. Felt like something lodge in throat. I have been off the medication for approximately 2 days, and the symptoms have decreased but not fully.
- A study of side effects of Cipro for a patient with Bladder Infection. The patient has Vulvovaginal Burning Sensation
Comments: While taking peridium for 2 days, and 500mg cipro twice daily for 10 days for UTI, I developed acute burning and the sensation of "sitting on something". After 3 more urine dipsticks (2 positive for blood and leukocytes), and 3 negative cultures, within the next 6 weeks, I am suffering from burning ...
- A study of drug interactions between Valium, Fentanyl for a patient with Pain. The patient has Itching, Sweating Increased, Swallowing Difficulty, Stomach Pain
Comments: I have been on transdermal fentanyl for five years. I got up to 100mcg/72 hours. I tried to wean down to get off the fentanyl patches and got down to 25 mcg. but had to increase to 50 mcg. due to pain. I have many allergies and cannot take proton pump inhibitors, Benadryl, or nausea medicines. I ha ...
More related studies for: Cipro, Dysphagia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.