Review: could Cipro cause Eye pain?
Summary: Eye pain is found among people who take Cipro, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Cymbalta, and have Breast cancer.
We study 5,465 people who have side effects while taking Cipro from FDA and social media. Among them, 51 have Eye pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Eye pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cipro and have Eye pain >>>
Cipro has active ingredients of ciprofloxacin hydrochloride. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (view latest outcomes from 6,862 users)
Eye Pain has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, glaucoma, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression.(latest reports from Eye Pain 13,565 patients)
On Dec, 1, 2014: 5,463 people reported to have side effects when taking Cipro. Among them, 51 people (0.93%) have Eye Pain.
Time on Cipro when people have Eye pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Eye pain||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Eye pain when taking Cipro * :
|Eye pain||0.00%||0.00%||2.00%||0.00%||4.00%||2.00%||74.00%||18.00% |
Severity of Eye pain when taking Cipro ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Eye pain||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Eye pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Eye pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (6 people, 11.76%)
- Multiple myeloma (2 people, 3.92%)
- Osteoporosis (2 people, 3.92%)
- Crohn's disease (2 people, 3.92%)
- Metastases to bone (2 people, 3.92%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cymbalta (42 people, 82.35%)
- Vicodin (42 people, 82.35%)
- Neurontin (41 people, 80.39%)
- Zometa (41 people, 80.39%)
- Avelox (41 people, 80.39%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Eye Pain while taking Cipro?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cipro and have Eye Pain
- support group for people who take Cipro
- support group for people who have Eye Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Cipro, Eye pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- I'm curing my lichen sclerosis
I took Prempro for about 5 years and then Activella for about 3 years for Menopausal symptoms. My first obvious symptoms of a problem began in 2005 which follow all the classic symptoms of Lichen. I spent thousands on Urology exams, tests, and surgical procedures. And thousands on Gynecological attempts at remedies. Finally with no answers and no relief against the doctors advise I went off my H.R.T.s and Vagifem and then a year later all antiobiotics, creams etc. and though mending has been catastrophically slow (4 years)I am in what I'd call the last stage of mending as this condition is not just skin deep (urogenital). I have just the faintest redness left (where it first began!)and of course scarring/fusing of labia's etc. But I would say 90% of symptoms are gone. Just know it took 4 Years to heal without pain medications and all the crazy meds that just covered the 'adverse chemical reaction'. I filed a report with the FDA in 2009 and of course heard nothing back.
More reviews for: Cipro, Eye pain
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- While taking peridium for 2 days, and 500mg cipro twice daily for 10 days for UTI, I developed acute burning and the sensation of "sitting on something". After 3 more urine dipsticks (2 positive for blood and leukocytes), and 3 negative cultures, within the next 6 weeks, I am suffering from burning ...
- I have a herniated disc in my lower back since I was 12. I've hard shoulder pain most of my adult life and neck stiffness but no bulging disc nor herniated disc had been found in my neck. Since starting theSr medications my conditioned has become so bad I don't have to be doing any kind of work and ...
- Have a VP shunt, scoliosis and chronic pain syndrome. Have had 7 day course of antibiotics for a UTI but still have symptoms. Abdominal pain especially near the distal end of shunt catheter. Had hot sweats. Concern infection has gone to the shunt.
- a month ago developed severe lower back pain which came acoss left front abdominal pain down left groin & pain,pressure in pelvic, bladder area. several test taken with nothing found. took cipro 500 mg 2 x daily for 18 days & antibiotic changed to bactrim 1 week ago asd developed arm & leg severe pa ...
- I have trouble walking (pain) since I started taking Cipro, and after being off the drug, have now fingernail abnormalities in at least 3 fingernails. Am wondering if all this was caused by Cipro. I was walking fine before starting on the drug. It feels like my tendons and joints are affected.
More related studies for: Cipro, Eye pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.