Review: could Cipro cause Loose tooth?
Summary: Loose tooth is found among people who take Cipro, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Zometa, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 5,465 people who have side effects while taking Cipro from FDA and social media. Among them, 57 have Loose tooth. Find out below who they are, when they have Loose tooth and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cipro and have Loose tooth >>>
Cipro has active ingredients of ciprofloxacin hydrochloride. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Cipro 6,862 users)
Loose tooth has been reported by people with osteoporosis, metastases to bone, multiple myeloma, breast cancer, osteopenia.(latest reports from Loose tooth 2,530 patients)
On Dec, 14, 2014: 5,465 people reported to have side effects when taking Cipro. Among them, 57 people (1.04%) have Loose Tooth.
Time on Cipro when people have Loose tooth * :
Age of people who have Loose tooth when taking Cipro * :
|Loose tooth||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||43.40%||3.77%||52.83% |
Severity of Loose tooth when taking Cipro ** :
How people recovered from Loose tooth ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (11 people, 19.30%)
- Pain (9 people, 15.79%)
- Bone loss (9 people, 15.79%)
- Anxiety (8 people, 14.04%)
- Multiple myeloma (5 people, 8.77%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (45 people, 78.95%)
- Aredia (36 people, 63.16%)
- Levaquin (24 people, 42.11%)
- Taxotere (24 people, 42.11%)
- Chlorhexidine gluconate (23 people, 40.35%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Loose Tooth while taking Cipro?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cipro and have Loose Tooth
- support group for people who take Cipro
- support group for people who have Loose Tooth
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I took one a day for them days and now have boils coming up all over me: eye lid, under arms, legs, arms stomach its been about three weeks. how do i make them stop?!!!!!!!!m
(Asked by a 46 year old woman who has Re Occuring Boils For About 4 Weeks Now, and takes Cipro)
I am allergic to PIN and am prescribed Video. I've never had this problem before, I rarely get sick the last time I was prescribed it was eight years ago. I took one for ten days for a throat infection I sustained after being around a two year old who had a very bad cold. I did not pay attention to ...
- I'm taking methananamine hipp so i won't get a uti. i skipped a dose and have a uti. i'm back on the methananamine hipp.can i take cipro with it for the uti?
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Chronic Utis From Bladder Mesh, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, and takes Methenamine Hippurate, Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride, Pyridium)
I skipped a dose of the methenamine hipp. That was a huge no-no. I immediately got a uti. I need an antibiotic asap but I don't know if I can take cipro with the methanimine hipp. Does anybody know i should stop this antiseptic drug and take the antibiotic for now? Thanks so very much!!!!
- Would cipro possibly be responsible for a weak neck /hard to hold up/feels like it will fall off.
(Asked by a 81 year old man who has Just Completed Surgery For Prostate Size And Low Grade Cancer.., and takes Tamsulosin Hydrochloride, Atorvastatin Calcium, Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride)
Surgery included removal of bladder stones an diverticula in bladder.
- Has anyone ever had testicular swelling when on cipro ou flagyl?
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Amoebic Dysentery, and takes Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride, Flagyl)
My husband is on both of these drugs as well as another for dysentery. Has anyone had problems with testicular swelling using either one of these drugs?
- I have inflamed prostate and swollen ankles and leg pain can someone help
(Asked by a 26 year old man who has Inflamed Prostate, and takes Cipro )
More questions for: Cipro, Loose tooth
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- I'm curing my lichen sclerosis
(Posted by a 67 year old woman who has Lichen Sclerosus, Hypothyroidism, and takes Prempro, Activella, Clobetasol Propionate, Cipro, Vagifem)
I took Prempro for about 5 years and then Activella for about 3 years for Menopausal symptoms. My first obvious symptoms of a problem began in 2005 which follow all the classic symptoms of Lichen. I spent thousands on Urology exams, tests, and surgical procedures. And thousands on Gynecological atte ...
More reviews for: Cipro, Loose tooth
- A study of side effects of Cipro for a patient with Bladder Infection. The patient has Vulvovaginal Burning Sensation
Comments: While taking peridium for 2 days, and 500mg cipro twice daily for 10 days for UTI, I developed acute burning and the sensation of "sitting on something". After 3 more urine dipsticks (2 positive for blood and leukocytes), and 3 negative cultures, within the next 6 weeks, I am suffering from burning ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, B Complex Vitamin, Bactrim, Cipro, Synthroid, Metformin, Glimepiride for a patient with Allergies, Arthritis, Pgym Deficiency, Prostatitis, Low Thyroid, Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Bladder Pain, Abdominal Pain, Back Pain - Low
Comments: a month ago developed severe lower back pain which came acoss left front abdominal pain down left groin & pain,pressure in pelvic, bladder area. several test taken with nothing found. took cipro 500 mg 2 x daily for 18 days & antibiotic changed to bactrim 1 week ago asd developed arm & leg severe pa ...
- A study of side effects of Cipro for a patient with Pseudomonas Infection. The patient has
Comments: I have trouble walking (pain) since I started taking Cipro, and after being off the drug, have now fingernail abnormalities in at least 3 fingernails. Am wondering if all this was caused by Cipro. I was walking fine before starting on the drug. It feels like my tendons and joints are affected.
- A study of side effects of Cipro for a patient with Urinary Tract Infection Enterococcal. The patient has Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)
Comments: This was the first pill I took. Caused sudden fatigue and weakness (used cane). Slept it off. Only thing I can figure is I had taken 25 mg of Tramadol and 4 mg Tizanidine about 2 hours prior. Now afraid what next pill will do in AM.
- A study of drug interactions between Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Cipro for a patient with Facial Swelling (lower Right Side, Next To Chin For An Unknown Reason Thought To Be A Blocked Salivary Gland). The patient has Itching, Itching, Abdominal Pain, Abdominal Cramps, Swollen Face, Swollen Lips, Swollen Tongue, Swollen Eyelid, Hives, Anaphylactic Shock
Comments: I went to the emergency room because I noticed that the bottom of my face was swollen on the right side next to my chin. I was not in any pain, but thought it was strange and because I had never noticed anything like that before. The doctor was not sure what was wrong with me, said he thought it was ...
More related studies for: Cipro, Loose tooth
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.