Cipro and Stroke - from FDA reports
Stroke is found among people who take Cipro, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Stroke with Cipro. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,915 people who have side effects when taking Cipro from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 22, 2017
4,915 people reported to have side effects when taking Cipro.
Among them, 53 people (1.08%) have Stroke
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Cipro when people have Stroke *:
- < 1 month: 80 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 20 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Stroke when taking Cipro *:
- female: 81.63 %
- male: 18.37 %
Age of people who have Stroke when taking Cipro *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 2.56 %
- 20-29: 5.13 %
- 30-39: 2.56 %
- 40-49: 10.26 %
- 50-59: 15.38 %
- 60+: 64.1 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (6 people, 11.32%)
- Urinary Tract Infection (5 people, 9.43%)
- Birth Control (5 people, 9.43%)
- Osteoporosis (4 people, 7.55%)
- High Blood Pressure (4 people, 7.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (15 people, 28.30%)
- Zometa (12 people, 22.64%)
- Prednisone (11 people, 20.75%)
- Yasmin (10 people, 18.87%)
- Aredia (9 people, 16.98%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (23 people, 43.40%)
- Stress And Anxiety (17 people, 32.08%)
- Injury (16 people, 30.19%)
- Rashes (13 people, 24.53%)
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (12 people, 22.64%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Stroke when taking Cipro?
Cipro has active ingredients of ciprofloxacin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Cipro 6,038 users)
Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen) has been reported by people with diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 186,146 Stroke patients).