Home > Cipro > Ulcer - stomach > Cipro and Ulcer - stomach
Review: could Cipro cause Ulcer - stomach (Gastric ulcer)?
Summary: Ulcer - stomach is found among people who take Cipro, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 5,463 people who have side effects while taking Cipro from FDA and social media. Among them, 80 have Ulcer - stomach. Find out below who they are, when they have Ulcer - stomach and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cipro and have Ulcer - stomach >>>
Cipro (latest outcomes from 6,860 users) has active ingredients of ciprofloxacin hydrochloride. It is often used in urinary tract infection.
Ulcer - stomach
Ulcer - stomach (stomach ulcer) (latest reports from 176,774 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, arthritis.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 5,459 people reported to have side effects when taking Cipro. Among them, 80 people (1.47%) have Ulcer - Stomach.
Time on Cipro when people have Ulcer - stomach * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Ulcer - stomach||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Ulcer - stomach when taking Cipro * :
|Ulcer - stomach||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||9.59%||10.96%||15.07%||64.38% |
Severity of Ulcer - stomach when taking Cipro ** :
How people recovered from Ulcer - stomach ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (24 people, 30.00%)
- Osteoporosis (14 people, 17.50%)
- Mastocytosis (11 people, 13.75%)
- Hypertension (10 people, 12.50%)
- Dyspepsia (9 people, 11.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (43 people, 53.75%)
- Aredia (41 people, 51.25%)
- Prednisone (33 people, 41.25%)
- Clindamycin (31 people, 38.75%)
- Chlorhexidine gluconate (30 people, 37.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ulcer - Stomach while taking Cipro?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cipro and have Ulcer - Stomach
- support group for people who take Cipro
- support group for people who have Ulcer - Stomach
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Hormone Level Nos Abnormal, Hypothyroidism, Tinnitus, Migraine With Aura, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Insomnia, Ulcer - Stomach, and takes Lasix, Topamax, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Inderal, Pantoprazole)
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- I took one a day for them days and now have boils coming up all over me: eye lid, under arms, legs, arms stomach its been about three weeks. how do i make them stop?!!!!!!!!m
(Asked by a 46 year old woman who has Re Occuring Boils For About 4 Weeks Now, and takes Cipro)
I am allergic to PIN and am prescribed Video. I've never had this problem before, I rarely get sick the last time I was prescribed it was eight years ago. I took one for ten days for a throat infection I sustained after being around a two year old who had a very bad cold. I did not pay attention to ...
- Can u take metformin with stomach ulcer medication
(Asked by a 22 year old woman who has Stomach Ulcer, and takes Metformin)
I went to the doctors on friday cause i had an colonoscopy an they found out that o had 1 bleeding ulcers n 2 more stomach ulcer an they put me on 5 different medication an wanted to know if i can take my metformin with y stomach ulcer pills
- I have a peptic ulcer and my blood pressure goes up and down is this normal .i usually have prefect blood pressure. what is causing this to happen.
(Asked by a 51 year old woman who has Peptic Ulcer, and takes Pepcid)
I have been on a bland diet for a peptic ulcer last night i tried to eat regular food and my blood pressure spiked up to 158/107 for just a few mins and came down but it has been going up and down. Is this normal?
- I'm taking methananamine hipp so i won't get a uti. i skipped a dose and have a uti. i'm back on the methananamine hipp.can i take cipro with it for the uti?
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Chronic Utis From Bladder Mesh, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, and takes Methenamine Hippurate, Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride, Pyridium)
I skipped a dose of the methenamine hipp. That was a huge no-no. I immediately got a uti. I need an antibiotic asap but I don't know if I can take cipro with the methanimine hipp. Does anybody know i should stop this antiseptic drug and take the antibiotic for now? Thanks so very much!!!!
More questions for: Cipro, Ulcer - stomach
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Skin burn feeling and heart racing
(Posted by a 32 year old woman who has Ulcer, and takes Prilosec Otc)
On day 12 of taking the Prilosec I started to feel like I had a terrible sunburn on my arms and legs, it progressively got worse over the next 24 hrs and included intermittent extremely rapid heart rate.
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Thyroid Disorder, Ulcer - Stomach, Restrictive Pulmonary Disease, Intestinal Resection, Diverticulitis, Crohn's Disease, and takes Vitamin D, Synthroid, Prilosec Otc, Pravastatin Sodium, Asacol Hd)
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
- I'm curing my lichen sclerosis
(Posted by a 67 year old woman who has Lichen Sclerosus, Hypothyroidism, and takes Prempro, Activella, Clobetasol Propionate, Cipro, Vagifem)
I took Prempro for about 5 years and then Activella for about 3 years for Menopausal symptoms. My first obvious symptoms of a problem began in 2005 which follow all the classic symptoms of Lichen. I spent thousands on Urology exams, tests, and surgical procedures. And thousands on Gynecological atte ...
More reviews for: Cipro, Ulcer - stomach
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Flagyl, Cipro for a patient with GERD, Diverticulitis. The patient has Tiredness, Mucous Stools, Stomach Discomfort
Comments: Wondering if possible i could have candida. i have celiacs disease also.
- A study of side effects of Cipro for a patient with Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Cough Aggravated
Comments: Was taking CIPRO for UTI. But half way the dose I developed instant dry cough which persisted for 8 weeks! Eventually the Xray showed the ATRIAL Lead Displacement!
- A study of side effects of Cipro for a patient with Bladder Infection. The patient has Vulvovaginal Burning Sensation
Comments: While taking peridium for 2 days, and 500mg cipro twice daily for 10 days for UTI, I developed acute burning and the sensation of "sitting on something". After 3 more urine dipsticks (2 positive for blood and leukocytes), and 3 negative cultures, within the next 6 weeks, I am suffering from burning ...
- A study of side effects of Sprix for a patient with Inflammation. The patient has Peptic Ulcer (stomach ulcer)
Comments: Sprix may seem ideal as a way to bypass the notorious gastrointestinal effects of NSAIDs - but these effects are a serious risk, no matter how the NSAID gets into your system. I learned this the hard way. If you do want to take Sprix (or other ketorolac), talk to your doctor about supplementing it w ...
- A study of side effects of Cipro for a patient with Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Neuropathy (damage to nerves)
Comments: Lost 36 pounds in 6 weeks.
More related studies for: Cipro, Ulcer - stomach
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.