Review: could Ciprofloxacin cause Pruritus (Itching)?
Summary: Pruritus is found among people who take Ciprofloxacin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Levaquin, and have Bronchospasm.
We study 568 people who have side effects while taking Ciprofloxacin from FDA and social media. Among them, 12 have Pruritus. Find out below who they are, when they have Pruritus and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Ciprofloxacin and have Pruritus >>>
Ciprofloxacin has active ingredients of ciprofloxacin. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Ciprofloxacin 1,249 users)
Pruritus (severe itching of the skin) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple sclerosis.(latest reports from Pruritus 90,779 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 568 people reported to have side effects when taking Ciprofloxacin. Among them, 12 people (2.11%) have Pruritus.
Time on Ciprofloxacin when people have Pruritus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Pruritus when taking Ciprofloxacin * :
Severity of Pruritus when taking Ciprofloxacin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Pruritus ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bronchospasm (3 people, 25.00%)
- Anaemia (3 people, 25.00%)
- Upper respiratory tract infection (3 people, 25.00%)
- Polymyalgia rheumatica (3 people, 25.00%)
- Peritonitis (3 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Levaquin (4 people, 33.33%)
- Singulair (4 people, 33.33%)
- Aspirin (4 people, 33.33%)
- Cuvar (3 people, 25.00%)
- Glucosamine and chondroitin (3 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pruritus while taking Ciprofloxacin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ciprofloxacin and have Pruritus
- support group for people who take Ciprofloxacin
- support group for people who have Pruritus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I am allergic to pencillien and sulfa what antibiotic can i take and not get tendom and muscle aces?
(Asked by a 78 year old woman who has Uterine Infection, and takes Ciprofloxacin)
I use a cane because I have tore tendom in both feet.
I have to be on a antibiotic everyday.
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Back Pain, Acid Reflux, Fatigue, Abdominal Pain, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Itching, Weight Gain, Hot Flush, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Pain - Abdomen, and takes Feraheme, Pantoprazole, Prolia)
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
- Can acute pre pyloric gastritis cause hemorrhoids?
(Asked by a 30 year old man who has Itching)
Itching,constipation, blood in stools,straining
the sensation of incomplete bowel evacuation.Burning sensation.
- What has been the overall treatment plan for people suffering from champix/chantix side effects? (2 answers)
(Asked by a 40 year old woman who has Depression, Anxiety, Panic Attacks, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Nausea And Vomiting, Euphoric Mood, and takes Varenicline, Cymbalta, Micardis, Synthroid, Ciprofloxacin)
I took Champix for the full 12 weeks prescribed. While taking Champix I was happier than I've ever been, it was like a revelation, I had it all figured out and wanted everyone around me to be happy. I quit smoking on my quit date, no cravings, etc. That part worked. I had a couple episodes of ju ...
- Does anyone have sever itching at night
(Asked by a 75 year old woman who has Itching, and takes Verapamil Hcl)
severe stinging and itching more at night and increased urination during the night. Problem falling asleep and staying asleep. Also have weird dreams and sometimes breathleness
More questions for: Ciprofloxacin, Pruritus
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Rash from eating kale
(Posted by a 32 year old woman who has Itching, Rash Generalised, and takes Kale)
I ate kale for the first time on Monday. I only had a small bowl of fresh mixed green salad, so it wasn't entirely Kale. By Tuesday, I had a small rash on my left hip. I ignored it at first. Thursday evening, I decided to eat a large kale salad with other veggies and salmon, all of which I have ...
- Double vision on levothyroxine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Joint Stiffness, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Itching, Allergy To Food, Allergy To Chemicals, Fatigue - Chronic, Confusional State, Hair Loss, Double Vision, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Bone pain localized to poison ivy rash
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Itching, Swelling, Inflammation Localised, Bone Pain Or Tenderness, Poison Ivy - Oak - Sumac Rash, and takes Neem Oil, Rhus Tox, Acetaminophen, Aleve)
I am having a moderate to strong reaction to poison ivy exposure. I have a localized rash with blistering, swelling and inflammation similar to cellulitis. The rash has been progressing for about a week. The blisters are not weeping or oozing. The area is cleaned daily with neem oil soap. Coincid ...
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more (1 response)
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Fatigue, Sinusitis Acute, Itching, Cognitive Deterioration, Psoriasis, Anxiety, Restless Leg Syndrome, Frequent Headaches, Nasal Inflammation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Chronic Insomnia, and takes Levothyroxine Thyroid, Clonazepam, Ambien Cr)
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
- Sphingomonas paucimobilis: the interesting infection (1 response)
(Posted by a 23 year old woman who has Sphingomonas Paucimobilis Infection, and takes Ciprofloxacin)
I'm no medical expert, nor am I some marvelous gifted writer so first and foremost, please forgive any errors of my report.
I'm not exactly sure when I contracted this bacteria or how, but on 04/14/2014 I went to the doctor for what I called "a bruise on my leg that had been t ...
More reviews for: Ciprofloxacin, Pruritus
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Adderall, Paxil, Buprenorphine Hydrochloride And Naloxone Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Adhd, Depression, Reversal Of Opiate Activity, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Vaginal Mucosal Blistering, Itching, Eye Burning - Itching And Discharge, Vulvovaginal Burning Sensation, Burning Eyes, Pimples
Comments: After 3-4 days of taking adderall or any stimulants I start to get pimple like sores on my scalp, nose,eyes,mouth,face and vaginal area puss comes out of mi eyes and vaginal area.
It seems like every hair follicle or cut becomes clogged and filled with puss. It burns when I use the restroom. My ey ...
- A study of side effects of Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride for a patient with Itching. The patient has Itching
Comments: my huband had sporadic itching at times, doc prescribed levocetrizine and foratidine he took it and went for a blood check up like lft and blood sugar bilirubin was 1.3 want is this because of the drug?his direct and indirect bilirubin was at upperlimit
- A study of drug interactions between Valium, Fentanyl for a patient with Pain. The patient has Itching, Sweating Increased, Swallowing Difficulty, Stomach Pain
Comments: I have been on transdermal fentanyl for five years. I got up to 100mcg/72 hours. I tried to wean down to get off the fentanyl patches and got down to 25 mcg. but had to increase to 50 mcg. due to pain. I have many allergies and cannot take proton pump inhibitors, Benadryl, or nausea medicines. I ha ...
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Fluoxetine for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Depression. The patient has Itching, Urine Na+, Stools - Pale Or Clay Colored
Comments: I am wanting to find out if Prozac/Fluoxetine or Metroprolol can cause pancreatic cancer. I found out with the above symptoms that I had a blocked bile duct. In searching for the answers to these symptoms, it was discovered I had pancreatic cancer..a tumor on the head of my pancreas.
- A study of drug interactions between Selenium, Vitamin E, Green Tea, Soy Protein Isolate, Lisinopril, Atenolol, Fenofibrate for a patient with Prostate Cancer Recurrent, Antioxidant Therapy, Antiangiogenic Therapy, High Blood Pressure, Blood Triglycerides. The patient has Vision Impairment, Itching, Abdominal Pain
Comments: Many years ago I took gemfibrizil and was sickened by it. Seven years ago I took Lipitor for 9 days and my kidneys shut down. Seven months ago I started Fenofibrate and now have suddenly been diagnosed with diabetes and gall stones. DID THE FENOFIBRATE CAUSE THE DIABETES AND GALL STONES?
More related studies for: Ciprofloxacin, Pruritus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.