Home > Ciprofloxacin > Rash generalised > Ciprofloxacin and Rash generalised
Review: could Ciprofloxacin cause Rash generalised (Rashes)?
Summary: Rash generalised is found among people who take Ciprofloxacin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ciprofloxacin in dextrose 5%, and have Infection.
We study 568 people who have side effects while taking Ciprofloxacin from FDA and social media. Among them, 20 have Rash generalised. Find out below who they are, when they have Rash generalised and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Ciprofloxacin and have Rash generalised >>>
Ciprofloxacin (latest outcomes from 1,249 users) has active ingredients of ciprofloxacin. It is often used in urinary tract infection.
Rash generalised (rash on most of body parts) (latest reports from 146,392 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, depression.
On Nov, 29, 2014: 568 people reported to have side effects when taking Ciprofloxacin. Among them, 20 people (3.52%) have Rash Generalised.
Time on Ciprofloxacin when people have Rash generalised * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Rash generalised||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Rash generalised when taking Ciprofloxacin * :
|Rash generalised||0.00%||0.00%||8.00%||4.00%||0.00%||8.00%||8.00%||72.00% |
Severity of Rash generalised when taking Ciprofloxacin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Rash generalised||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Rash generalised ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Rash generalised||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Infection (4 people, 20.00%)
- Peritonitis (3 people, 15.00%)
- Polymyalgia rheumatica (3 people, 15.00%)
- Bronchospasm (3 people, 15.00%)
- Anaemia (3 people, 15.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ciprofloxacin in dextrose 5% (6 people, 30.00%)
- Aspirin (4 people, 20.00%)
- Tamsulosin hcl (4 people, 20.00%)
- Ciprofloxacin hcl (4 people, 20.00%)
- Levaquin (4 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Rash Generalised while taking Ciprofloxacin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ciprofloxacin and have Rash Generalised
- support group for people who take Ciprofloxacin
- support group for people who have Rash Generalised
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- How long does redness last after picato?
(Asked by a 63 year old woman who has Skin Redness Or Inflammation, and takes Picato)
After 3 and a half weeks, I still have a huge red splotch on my face where I applied picato gel according to directions from my dermatologist. I'm very worried that it will be permanent. I had a huge water filled blister the morning after my first application of the gel. I used it two more times as ...
- I used coartem and developed redish all over my body. can coartem cause rashes
(Asked by a 34 year old woman who has Rashes, and takes Coartem)
i developed rashes which is itching me after using coartem for three days. also having sensation in my mouth and blister at the angle of my lips. could it be a side effect from coartem?
- Does ginger treats skin rashes?
(Asked by a 18 year old girl who has Skin Rash)
i have skin rashes and i treated it with ginger is it right to treat to treat skin rashes with ginger?
- What has been the overall treatment plan for people suffering from champix/chantix side effects? (2 answers)
(Asked by a 40 year old woman who has Depression, Anxiety, Panic Attacks, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Nausea And Vomiting, Euphoric Mood, and takes Varenicline, Cymbalta, Micardis, Synthroid, Ciprofloxacin)
I took Champix for the full 12 weeks prescribed. While taking Champix I was happier than I've ever been, it was like a revelation, I had it all figured out and wanted everyone around me to be happy. I quit smoking on my quit date, no cravings, etc. That part worked. I had a couple episodes of ju ...
- Can high dose of neurontin cause skin rash on face?
(Asked by a 50 year old woman who has Skin Rash, and takes Neurontin)
Have been Taking 3000 mg Neurontin per day for migraine treatment for aprox 3 months and have recently developed unexplained rash on face.
More questions for: Ciprofloxacin, Rash generalised
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Rash from eating kale
(Posted by a 32 year old woman who has Itching, Rash Generalised, and takes Kale)
I ate kale for the first time on Monday. I only had a small bowl of fresh mixed green salad, so it wasn't entirely Kale. By Tuesday, I had a small rash on my left hip. I ignored it at first. Thursday evening, I decided to eat a large kale salad with other veggies and salmon, all of which I have ...
- Sphingomonas paucimobilis: the interesting infection (1 response)
(Posted by a 23 year old woman who has Sphingomonas Paucimobilis Infection, and takes Ciprofloxacin)
I'm no medical expert, nor am I some marvelous gifted writer so first and foremost, please forgive any errors of my report.
I'm not exactly sure when I contracted this bacteria or how, but on 04/14/2014 I went to the doctor for what I called "a bruise on my leg that had been t ...
- Skin rash in diclofenac potassium
(Posted by a 63 year old woman who has Rash, and takes Zorvolex)
After a car accident in 2011 I took Diclofenac for back & shoulder off and on for about a year. During that time I developed random spots usually on my arms and legs that itch severely and sometimes get infected. I still suffer from the itchy spots and I am DESPERATE for a cure for my agony. I ha ...
More reviews for: Ciprofloxacin, Rash generalised
- A study of drug interactions between Versed, Advair Diskus 250/50 for a patient with Anaesthesia, Asthma. The patient has Rash Pustular, Rash
Comments: had a procedure to melt and remove fat from abdomen ... used versed IV as anaesthesia, wasn't very effective, had a lot of pain and memory of procedure. Rash developed on my face around mouth, nose, and eyes ... getting worse over past 18 months.
- A study of side effects of Avelox for a patient with Sinus Infection. The patient has Tachycardia (a heart rate that exceeds the range of 100 beats/min), Skin Redness Or Inflammation (redness)
Comments: I have what seems like a very moderate to severe reaction to the antibiotic Avelox. My doctor said the reaction is called "Red Man Syndrome". All I know is my skin turns red, is tender to the touch and my heart races. It was a very scary reaction.
- A study of side effects of Ubiquinol for a patient with Cardiovascular Insufficiency. The patient has Rash (redness)
Comments: A. This is a long story.
Over two weeks ago I accidentally knocked the scab off a nearly healed cut on my left shin, that had come from the dishwasher door hitting it. In retrospect it had taken a little longer to heal than I would have expected. When the scab fell off, the area under the scab app ...
- A study of side effects of Orencia for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Reddened Rashes On Cheeks, Chin & Forehead, Rashes (redness)
Comments: Facial rashers developed 2 days after 2nd week of orencia injection. Still dealing with the rashes 3 weeks after it started. Had to be given kenalog injection and have to wait out for rashes to go away:(
- A study of drug interactions between Coenzyme Q10, Ubiquinol for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Rash
Comments: Rash first noticed Sunday morning. Was taking coq10 for at least 10 years. In past 5 yrs had added 50 mg ubiquinol taken concurrently with the coq10 due to the fact that the coq10 allegedly cannot be converted by one my age. Current dose was: 400mg + 200 mg ubiquinol twice a day with food and water. ...
More related studies for: Ciprofloxacin, Rash generalised
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Menstrual Cramps
- Cataflam and Duragesic-100
- Adderall 20
- Propranolol Hydrochloride
- Can clindamycin irritate a hi hernia?
Since I have been taking for 4 days my hi hernia has been ... (6 hours ago)
- Can carafate causa a false negative for opiate and clonazepam?
I was in the hospital foe 15 days for acute pancreatitis, ... (10 hours ago)
- What type of seizure do people have using clonidine
My son has been having drop seizures & i believe the Cloni ... (14 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few ... (3 days ago)
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (3 days ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (3 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Celexa, Klonopin, Adderall 20, Accutane for a 19-year old girl who has Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety Disorder Nec, ADD, Acne (37 minutes ago)
- Klonopin, Skelaxin, Prednisone, Adderall 20, Lipitor, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Ambien, Mestinon for a 62-year old man who has Myalgia, Myasthenia Gravis, High Blood Cholesterol, Insomnia (1 hour ago)
- Chlorpheniramine Maleate for a 18-year old boy who has N-A-G (1 hour ago)