Home > Cisplatin > Heart attack > Cisplatin and Heart attack
Review: could Cisplatin cause Heart attack?
Summary: Heart attack is found among people who take Cisplatin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Etoposide, and have Non-small cell lung cancer.
We study 35,599 people who have side effects while taking Cisplatin from FDA and social media. Among them, 399 have Heart attack. Find out below who they are, when they have Heart attack and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cisplatin and have Heart attack >>>
Cisplatin (latest outcomes from 35,644 users) has active ingredients of cisplatin. It is often used in chemotherapy.
Heart attack (latest reports from 632,076 patients) has been reported by people with diabetes, arthritis, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 35,599 people reported to have side effects when taking Cisplatin. Among them, 399 people (1.12%) have Heart Attack.
Time on Cisplatin when people have Heart attack * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heart attack||71.43%||26.53%||0.00%||1.02%||1.02%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Heart attack when taking Cisplatin * :
|Heart attack||0.00%||0.28%||0.00%||3.92%||10.64%||10.64%||19.61%||54.90% |
Severity of Heart attack when taking Cisplatin ** :
How people recovered from Heart attack ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Non-small cell lung cancer (40 people, 10.03%)
- Nausea (25 people, 6.27%)
- Testis cancer (14 people, 3.51%)
- Bladder cancer (14 people, 3.51%)
- Hypertension (13 people, 3.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Etoposide (103 people, 25.81%)
- Dexamethasone (58 people, 14.54%)
- Fluorouracil (36 people, 9.02%)
- Folic acid (35 people, 8.77%)
- Zofran (35 people, 8.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Heart Attack while taking Cisplatin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cisplatin and have Heart Attack
- support group for people who take Cisplatin
- support group for people who have Heart Attack
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Laryngitis from depression?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Diabetic, Heart Attack, Hardly Any Voice For 8wks. Long History Of Depression. , and takes Lipitor, Metformin, Insulin, Prozac)
I had a heart attack 3yrs ago, finding it hard to handle. Waiting for a complete knee replacement, also long history of back problems. Chronic pain. Diabetic on insulin.
- How many narcolepsey sufferers have severe ringing of the ears
(Asked by a 65 year old man who has Narcolepsey, Ringing Of The Ears, Heart Attack, Low Level Exercise)
Not listing drugs because narcolepsey was present prior to drug use. Please list other symptoms you have that may relate to narcolepse ie high or low cholesterol, partially blocked arteries, level of exercise, lack of night sleep.
- Could statins have caused my type ii diabetes
(Asked by a 59 year old man who has Type 2 Diabetes, Acid Reflux, Coronary Artery Disease, Heart Attack, Angina, and takes Ranexa, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Clopidogrel, Vytorin, Metoprolol Succinate, Micardis, Nexium, Aspirin, Glyburide And Metformin Hydrochloride)
Was on Zocor from 1998 after my heart attack and 1 stent to 2005 than switched to Vytorin in 2005 after 2 stents,and have been on Vytorin to present. Was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes in July 2011.
- Should you take adderall with a 4.2 ascending aortic aneurysmal dilatation?
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Heart)
Also, in CT Scan it is noted artherosclerotic calcifications of the coronary arteries and aorta noted. My lipids are actually low. My ratio runs around 1.5. I have had 5-6 known episodes of evaluated CRP and SED rate while experiencing extreme joint pain of unknown etiology over the past 5 years. ...
- If i have a bleed in my eye from diabetic neuropathy do i stop plavix
(Asked by a 65 year old man who has HBP, Diabeties, Heart Injury, Heart, For Stents, and takes Amlodipine Maleate; Benazepril Hydrochloride, Nph Insulin, Coreg, ASA, Plavix)
do i need to stop my plavix, i have diabetic neuropathy bleed in right eye
More questions for: Cisplatin, Heart attack
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Heavy sweating during sleep
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Stent 3 Years Ago RCA, Heart Attack, Prostate Infection, Fractures Nonunion, Tachycardia, Low Blood Pressure, Sweating - Excessive, and takes Saw Palmetto Berry, Valium, Norco, Soma)
Pain killers like Tylenol 3, vicodin 20 years, Valium and Soma 12 years. Sweat heavy during sleep.
More reviews for: Cisplatin, Heart attack
- A study of side effects of Phentermine for a patient with Weight Loss. The patient has Heart Attack
Comments: I haven't taken Phentermine today, but I have experienced heart pain on and off about 3 times I have noticed while at work from 8:00AM - 10:30AM (8/19/14). Is this another side affect or should I be worried? Do I need to take an aspirin? The only symptoms I am experiencing is an occasional heart-rol ...
- A study of side effects of Vicoprofen for a patient with Pain - Back. The patient has Myocardial Infarction (destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle)
Comments: Triple bypass. Still have muscle and bone pain from loss of range of motion in upper body.
- A study of drug interactions between Cisplatin, Doxorubicin Hydrochloride for a patient with Carcino Sarcoma. The patient has
Comments: Altho my doctor is an excellent surgeon, he does not want to discuss food interactions with the chemotherapy drugs ... so I am doing it myself. I already know to not eat citrus fruits or drink green tea during the 4.5 months of chemo but what else should I avoid eating?
- A study of drug interactions between Cytoxan, Etoposide, Doxorubicin Hydrochloride, Cisplatin, Dexamethasone, Velcade, Neulasta, Neupogen for a patient with Multiple Myeloma, Myeloma - Multiple. The patient has Kidney Stones
Comments: Neulasta was used after a 4-day course of VD-PACE (velcade, dexamethasone, doxorubicin, cisplatin, cytoxan, etoposide) to regenerate white blood cells. On day 5 after neulasta I had intense lower back pain in pulsating waves that lasted for 1 day. It was day 8 after treatment VD-PACE ended
4 we ...
- A study of side effects of Cisplatin for a patient with Mesothelioma Malignant. The patient has Aneurysm (enlargement of an artery caused by a weakening of the artery wall)
Comments: the aneurysm has not yet been treated
More related studies for: Cisplatin, Heart attack
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.