Home > Cisplatin > Heart attack > Cisplatin and Heart attack
Review: could Cisplatin cause Heart attack?
We study 35,599 people who have side effects while taking Cisplatin from FDA and social media. Among them, 399 have Heart attack. Find out below who they are, when they have Heart attack and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cisplatin and have Heart attack >>>
Cisplatin (latest outcomes from 35,644 users) has active ingredients of cisplatin. It is often used in chemotherapy.
Heart attack (latest reports from 631,414 patients) has been reported by people with diabetes, arthritis, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 35,599 people reported to have side effects when taking Cisplatin. Among them, 399 people (1.12%) have Heart Attack.
Time on Cisplatin when people have Heart attack * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heart attack||71.43%||26.53%||0.00%||1.02%||1.02%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Heart attack when taking Cisplatin * :
|Heart attack||0.00%||0.28%||0.00%||3.92%||10.64%||10.64%||19.61%||54.90% |
Severity of Heart attack when taking Cisplatin ** :
How people recovered from Heart attack ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Non-small cell lung cancer (40 people, 10.03%)
- Nausea (25 people, 6.27%)
- Testis cancer (14 people, 3.51%)
- Bladder cancer (14 people, 3.51%)
- Hypertension (13 people, 3.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Etoposide (103 people, 25.81%)
- Dexamethasone (58 people, 14.54%)
- Fluorouracil (36 people, 9.02%)
- Folic acid (35 people, 8.77%)
- Zofran (35 people, 8.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Heart Attack while taking Cisplatin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cisplatin and have Heart Attack
- support group for people who take Cisplatin
- support group for people who have Heart Attack
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Laryngitis from depression?
I had a heart attack 3yrs ago, finding it hard to handle. Waiting for a complete knee replacement, also long history of back problems. Chronic pain. Diabetic on insulin.
- How many narcolepsey sufferers have severe ringing of the ears
Not listing drugs because narcolepsey was present prior to drug use. Please list other symptoms you have that may relate to narcolepse ie high or low cholesterol, partially blocked arteries, level of exercise, lack of night sleep.
- Could statins have caused my type ii diabetes
Was on Zocor from 1998 after my heart attack and 1 stent to 2005 than switched to Vytorin in 2005 after 2 stents,and have been on Vytorin to present. Was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes in July 2011.
More questions for: Cisplatin, Heart attack
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
More reviews for: Cisplatin, Heart attack
On eHealthMe, Cisplatin (cisplatin) is often used for chemotherapy. Find out below the conditions Cisplatin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Cisplatin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Cisplatin, Heart attack
Recent Cisplatin related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Cisplatin, Heart attack
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (12 minutes ago)
- Compare Ambien Cr and Adderall Xr 20 and Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman (36 minutes ago)
- Doxycycline for a 25-year old man who has Acne-like Skin Bumps (49 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
- Escitalopram and Burning Sensation
- Burning Sensation and Depression
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (5 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (8 hours ago)
- Completed Suicide
- Peritoneal Cloudy Effluent
- Biopsy Artery Abnormal
- Isoproterenol Hydrochloride
- Eosinophilic Pneumonia