Home > Cisplatin > Heart attack > Cisplatin and Heart attack
Review: could Cisplatin cause Heart attack?
We study 35,599 people who have side effects while taking Cisplatin from FDA and social media. Among them, 399 have Heart attack. Find out below who they are, when they have Heart attack and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Cisplatin and have Heart attack >>>
Cisplatin (latest outcomes from 35,644 users) has active ingredients of cisplatin. It is often used in chemotherapy.
Heart Attack (latest reports from 632,018 patients) has been reported by people with diabetes, arthritis, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis.
On Sep, 25, 2014: 35,599 people reported to have side effects when taking Cisplatin. Among them, 399 people (1.12%) have Heart Attack.
Time on Cisplatin when people have Heart attack * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heart attack||71.43%||26.53%||0.00%||1.02%||1.02%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Heart attack when taking Cisplatin * :
|Heart attack||0.00%||0.28%||0.00%||3.92%||10.64%||10.64%||19.61%||54.90% |
Severity of Heart attack when taking Cisplatin ** :
How people recovered from Heart attack ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Non-small cell lung cancer (40 people, 10.03%)
- Nausea (25 people, 6.27%)
- Testis cancer (14 people, 3.51%)
- Bladder cancer (14 people, 3.51%)
- Hypertension (13 people, 3.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Etoposide (103 people, 25.81%)
- Dexamethasone (58 people, 14.54%)
- Fluorouracil (36 people, 9.02%)
- Folic acid (35 people, 8.77%)
- Zofran (35 people, 8.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Heart Attack while taking Cisplatin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Cisplatin and have Heart Attack
- group for people who take Cisplatin
- group for people who have Heart Attack
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
I haven't taken Phentermine today, but I have experienced heart pain on and off about 3 times I have noticed while at work from 8:00AM - 10:30AM (8/19/14). Is this another side affect or should I be worried? Do I need to take an aspirin? The only symptoms I am experiencing is an occasional heart-roll / heart-gurgle (is the way I can explain it best)and it is a little bit painful, and lazy breathing (like I forget to breathe in deep sometimes). Not experiencing arm pain etc. I have been taking 1/2 pill one day, maybe 1/2 and 1/2 pill next day, maybe not taking anything next day, and trying to slowly wean myself off. (These pills are 30mg). I have lost 30 lbs and weight is 163. I am 5' 6" tall female, age 33.
From this study (2 months ago):
Triple bypass. Still have muscle and bone pain from loss of range of motion in upper body.
From this study (4 months ago):
leewright on Jun, 1, 2014:
I want to stop taking crestor 20 mg I seem to be losing my muscle and strength have pain in my shoulders arms back ,
But I read crestor prevents heart attack, and stroke. This could be true or selling publicity stunt by the seller the producer of crestor
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Laryngitis from depression?
I had a heart attack 3yrs ago, finding it hard to handle. Waiting for a complete knee replacement, also long history of back problems. Chronic pain. Diabetic on insulin.
- How many narcolepsey sufferers have severe ringing of the ears
Not listing drugs because narcolepsey was present prior to drug use. Please list other symptoms you have that may relate to narcolepse ie high or low cholesterol, partially blocked arteries, level of exercise, lack of night sleep.
- Could statins have caused my type ii diabetes
Was on Zocor from 1998 after my heart attack and 1 stent to 2005 than switched to Vytorin in 2005 after 2 stents,and have been on Vytorin to present. Was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes in July 2011.
More questions for: Cisplatin, Heart attack
More reviews for: Cisplatin, Heart attack
On eHealthMe, Cisplatin (cisplatin) is often used for chemotherapy. Find out below the conditions Cisplatin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Cisplatin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Memantine, Advair Diskus 100/50, Donepezil, Amlodipine for a 93-year old woman who has Inflammation Localised, Anxiety Disorder, Alzheimers, Asthma, Alzheimer's Disease, Blood Pressure Increased (22 minutes ago)
- Celexa for a 20-year old woman who has Chronic Depression (1 hour ago)
- Prozac for a 25-year old woman who has Depression (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Prozac and Brittle Nails
- Raspberry Ketone and Diverticulitis
- Blister and Gabapentin
- Urinary Tract Infection and Micardis
Recent user comments
- "I feel as if I have a lump in my throat, as if someth ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Took Nexium for one week. After four days started bre ... " (6 hours ago)
- "he was fine till he took prednizone 10 days died the ... " (7 hours ago)
- Lanolin Poisoning