Review: could Cisplatin cause Macrocytosis?
Summary: Macrocytosis is reported only by a few people who take Cisplatin.
We study 35,601 people who have side effects while taking Cisplatin from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Macrocytosis. Find out below who they are, when they have Macrocytosis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cisplatin and have Macrocytosis >>>
Cisplatin has active ingredients of cisplatin. It is often used in chemotherapy. (latest outcomes from 35,646 Cisplatin users)
Macrocytosis (enlargement of red blood cells with near-constant haemoglobin concentration) has been reported by people with hiv infection, osteoporosis, osteopenia, depression, antiviral. (latest reports from 1,071 Macrocytosis patients)
On Apr, 28, 2015: 35,601 people reported to have side effects when taking Cisplatin. Among them, 3 people (0.01%) have Macrocytosis.
Time on Cisplatin when people have Macrocytosis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Macrocytosis when taking Cisplatin * :
Severity of Macrocytosis when taking Cisplatin ** :
How people recovered from Macrocytosis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Small cell lung cancer limited stage (1 people, 33.33%)
- Gastric cancer (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- 6-mercaptopurine (1 people, 33.33%)
- Tamoxifen citrate (1 people, 33.33%)
- Vepesid (1 people, 33.33%)
- Bcnu (1 people, 33.33%)
- Mutamycin (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Cisplatin and macrocytosis on
Do you have Macrocytosis while taking Cisplatin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Cisplatin and have Macrocytosis
- support group for people who take Cisplatin
- support group for people who have Macrocytosis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Cisplatin for a 64-year old man with Head And Neck Cancer. The patient has Kidney Crystallisation
- A study of side effects of Cisplatin for a 51-year old woman with Anal Cancer Stage Iv. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Botox Cosmetic for a 59-year old woman with Wrinkles. The patient has Misfunction Of Potassium Sodium Pump, Ataxia, Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura, Macrocytosis
- A study of side effects of Bactrim Ds for a 60-year old woman with Acne Cystic. The patient has Macrocytosis
- A study of drug interactions between Valacyclovir, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Effexor, Amoxicillin, Lyrica for a 46-year old woman with Herpes Simplex, Insomnia, Depression, Lyme Disease - Chronic Persistent, Neuropathy. The patient has Macrocytosis
Recent Cisplatin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.