Cisplatin and Macrocytosis - from FDA reports
Macrocytosis is reported only by a few people who take Cisplatin. We study 51,071 people who have side effects while taking Cisplatin from FDA. Among them, 3 have Macrocytosis. Find out below who they are, when they have Macrocytosis and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 26, 2017
51,071 people reported to have side effects when taking Cisplatin.
Among them, 3 people (0.01%) have Macrocytosis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Cisplatin when people have Macrocytosis *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Macrocytosis when taking Cisplatin *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Macrocytosis when taking Cisplatin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 33.33 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 33.33 %
- 60+: 33.33 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Small Cell Lung Cancer Limited Stage (1 person, 33.33%)
- Gastric Cancer (1 person, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vepesid (1 person, 33.33%)
- Ondansetron (1 person, 33.33%)
- Mutamycin (1 person, 33.33%)
- Fluorouracil (1 person, 33.33%)
- Camptosar (1 person, 33.33%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Thrombocytopenia (2 people, 66.67%)
- Agranulocytosis (2 people, 66.67%)
- Refractory Anaemia (1 person, 33.33%)
- Post-Operative Wound Infection (1 person, 33.33%)
- Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (1 person, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Macrocytosis when taking Cisplatin?
- Check symptoms - is macrocytosis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsMacrocytosis and drugs with ingredients of cisplatin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMacrocytosis and Cisplatin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Cisplatin has active ingredients of cisplatin. It is often used in chemotherapy. (latest outcomes from Cisplatin 51,224 users)
Macrocytosis (enlargement of red blood cells with near-constant haemoglobin concentration) has been reported by people with hiv infection, osteoporosis, depression, osteopenia, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 1,351 Macrocytosis patients).
Browse all side effects of Cisplatina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with MacrocytosisMacrocytosis
Could your condition cause MacrocytosisMacrocytosis
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Not sure what details they want here? erm still alive and so far no more new diagnoses as each year seem to get diagnosed with something else. The main thing that is really annoying is that apart from the above illnesses is the various other things such as six car accidents, (I wouldn't mind but ...
User reviews to the study
Had high dose chemo last March and April for testicular cancer. Experienced neurological issues in September. Had brain MRI which showed moderate hydrocephalus. I've found many neurologists who have not seen the linkage of chemo drugs to water on the brain.