Review: could Citalopram hydrobromide cause Dizziness?
Summary: Dizziness is found among people who take Citalopram hydrobromide, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Depression.
We study 23,265 people who have side effects while taking Citalopram hydrobromide from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,105 have Dizziness. Find out below who they are, when they have Dizziness and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Citalopram hydrobromide and have Dizziness >>>
Citalopram hydrobromide has active ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Citalopram hydrobromide 24,896 users)
Dizziness has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol.(view latest reports from 160,309 patients)
On Dec, 3, 2014: 23,265 people reported to have side effects when taking Citalopram hydrobromide. Among them, 1,108 people (4.76%) have Dizziness.
Time on Citalopram hydrobromide when people have Dizziness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Dizziness when taking Citalopram hydrobromide * :
Severity of Dizziness when taking Citalopram hydrobromide ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Dizziness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (393 people, 35.47%)
- Hypertension (107 people, 9.66%)
- Anxiety (106 people, 9.57%)
- Pain (87 people, 7.85%)
- Schizophrenia (44 people, 3.97%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (194 people, 17.51%)
- Simvastatin (177 people, 15.97%)
- Diazepam (139 people, 12.55%)
- Atenolol (101 people, 9.12%)
- Omeprazole (101 people, 9.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dizziness while taking Citalopram Hydrobromide?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Citalopram hydrobromide and have Dizziness
- support group for people who take Citalopram hydrobromide
- support group for people who have Dizziness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have a little lightheadiness after 4 months of sertraline 50 mg is this normal
(Asked by a 62 year old man who has Lightheadedness, and takes Sertraline)
Hi had a panic attack last fall.. Been on 50 mg sertraline Split my dosage 25mg at 6 am then the other 25 at 10 am.. Headaches have not been as bad but still a little lightheaded is this normal?
- Can urinary retention cause severe dizziness and lightheartedness?
(Asked by a 24 year old woman who has Nausea, Urinary Retention, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Eczema, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS))
I had a kidney infection for 1.5 months diagnosed in August this year it took 2 lots of antibiotics to kick it but now I am left with SEVERE urinary retention I had a cystoscopy which only lasted for 24 hours it was done when I was awake so I think that it wasn't very affective by the next morning I ...
- 3-4 losartan can harm you
(Asked by a 48 year old woman who has Dizziness, and takes Losartan Potassium; Hydrochlorothiazide)
If you ever took more than 4 pill of Losartan ,can this harm you in a way causing death
- Is it safe to take viagra with vestibular problem (1 answer)
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Dizziness, and takes Viagra)
Lost my hearing and developed vestibular disorder after benign tumor radio surgery. Just wondering whether is safe to take viagra.
- Can ciliapram cause emphysemia (1 answer)
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Emphysema, 60 Mg A Day For 13 Years, and takes Citalopram Hydrobromide)
CAN IT CAUSE EMPHASEMIA
More questions for: Citalopram hydrobromide, Dizziness
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Citalopram seizures in my 13 year old daughter
(Posted by a 13 year old girl who has Seizure - Generalized, and takes Citalopram Hydrobromide)
My daughter just turned 13. Her Father died last year and she was having trouble dealing with it so her doctor put her on 20 mil of citalopram once a day. She started feeling better in about a week. About 30 days later she had a severe seizure and quit breathing. I did CPR and got her breathing agai ...
- Mucinex dm and advil congetstion
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Blurred Vision, Fatigue, Dizziness)
I noticed another female with simlar age and side effects; and a third female who in addition was under active thyroid. I have taken both drugs independently and had no problem with them. I am prone to low blood pressure & dizziness due to the thyroid problem
- Long-term use of risperidone and antidepressants
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Progesterone Decreased, Adrenal Insufficiency, Bipolar 2, and takes Progesterone, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Risperdal)
I have been using Risperdal and antidepressants for 14 years for bipolar disorder. Last month I was diagnosed with adrenal insufficiency and progesterone deficiency. My cholesterol suddenly became high, I was tired all the time and more symptoms relating to my eventual diagnosis of adrenal insuffic ...
- The fear that follows an attack of vertigo
(Posted by a 73 year old woman who has Vertigo)
I awoke one morning and it appeared my furniture was moving in the room. Everything was spinning. I have a ringing in my left ear. Went to an ENT who threw my condition into the catch 22 pile and said I had Meniere Disease. I would not accept that after I researched the horrible ailment. I soug ...
- Chills associated with ibuprophen (1 response)
(Posted by a 69 year old man who has Persistent Chills., and takes Desloratadine, Celexa, Codeine, Fiorinal W/codeine, Cialis, Proscar, Flomax, Wellbutrin)
I generally respond well to medication. I am a senior who has chronic pain from a c1-c2 fusion. Codeine works well, and I don't use a lot. Still, I sought alternatives to opiates for nerve pain. I lice in a colder climate. It took me quite a while to associate susceptibility to becoming chilled w ...
More reviews for: Citalopram hydrobromide, Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Curcumin, Metoprolol Tartrate, Avapro, Protonix, Lasix, Ativan, Coumadin for a patient with Joint Stiffness, High Blood Cholesterol, Ulcer - Stomach, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Anxiety, Blood Clot In The Legs. The patient has Hallucination, Visual, Dizziness
Comments: Has complained of dizziness since she has been on all her meds and has fallen several times.. Have been concerned about her dizziness and have brought it up to her Dr.'s but since all her med's can make you dizzy they don't seem to be concerned and aren't willing to change any of them. Just started ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Calcium D - Glucarate, Zinc Sulfate, Echinacea, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Synthetic Conjugated Estrogens A, Valerian, Acetaminophen, Multivitamin, Baclofen, Loratadine, Simvastatin for a patient with AAT Deficiency, Health, Immune System Boost, Mood Swings From Change Of Life, Low Thyroid, Champagne Of Life, Anxiety And Stress, Bone And Joint Pain, Iga Deficiency, Muscle Spasms, Allergic Bronchitis, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Bloody Very Loose Stool, Rectal Bleeding, Lower Abdonminal Pain, High In Pelvic Area
Comments: Bleeding symptoms reduce when off medication for nearly a week. Blood clot type content in loose stool (liquid). blood ranges from very dark to bright in same movement. Amount of blood is concern. There is pain and firm area in between upper pelvic and lower abdomen area that disappears after moveme ...
- A study of drug interactions between Sodium Sulfacetamide, Metrogel, Fish Oil, Biotin, Zanaflex, Zoloft for a patient with Rosacea, Just To Be Helpful, For Hair Loss And Thinning.wasnt Suggested/prescribed By Doctor., Muscle Spasms In Neck , Bulging Discs, Stenosis. Only Use Sparingly, Not Much At All., Depression. The patient has Dizziness, Hair Thinning, Loss Of Hair
Comments: *I have noticed breakage of hair.Trying to use coconut and olive oil for hair.Not used on scalp.
*I first noticed thinning after using selenium face wash.I was told I could use it on my scalp. But I looked online and saw that it could cause hairloss. I quit using it after a few tries on my face ...
- A study of drug interactions between Robaxin-750, Neurontin, Clonidine for a patient with Muscle Tightness, Fibromyalgia, Hypertension. The patient has Loss Of Balance, Myoclonic Jerks
Comments: Hands have myoclonic jerks. Then I noticed that my shoulders and fingers were twitching/jerking . Anytime I hold something or try to type, for example, the myoclonus jerks gets really bad. This morning it's bad. Up to this point, it has taken me almost an hour to type this.
- A study of side effects of Celexa for a patient with Depression. The patient has Sinus Headache (headache caused by sinus infections), Hot Flashes (sudden feelings of heat), Carotid Artery Bypass
Comments: I get a dull headache in back of head, right side. Not sharp pain. Headache cause dizziness and sensitivity to sound. Woke up with tenderness from near jawbone done to throat area. Vein along this area feels tender and possibly swollen.
More related studies for: Citalopram hydrobromide, Dizziness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.