Review: could Citalopram hydrobromide cause Drowsiness?
Summary: Drowsiness is found among people who take Citalopram hydrobromide, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Omeprazole, and have Depression.
We study 23,305 people who have side effects while taking Citalopram hydrobromide from FDA and social media. Among them, 643 have Drowsiness. Find out below who they are, when they have Drowsiness and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Citalopram hydrobromide and have Drowsiness >>>
Citalopram hydrobromide has active ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 24,930 Citalopram hydrobromide users)
Drowsiness has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 69,918 Drowsiness patients)
On Mar, 11, 2015: 23,305 people reported to have side effects when taking Citalopram hydrobromide. Among them, 643 people (2.76%) have Drowsiness.
Time on Citalopram hydrobromide when people have Drowsiness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Drowsiness when taking Citalopram hydrobromide * :
Severity of Drowsiness when taking Citalopram hydrobromide ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Drowsiness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (176 people, 27.37%)
- Hypertension (57 people, 8.86%)
- Pain (45 people, 7.00%)
- Anxiety (37 people, 5.75%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (22 people, 3.42%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Omeprazole (70 people, 10.89%)
- Aspirin (66 people, 10.26%)
- Lorazepam (54 people, 8.40%)
- Simvastatin (50 people, 7.78%)
- Lamotrigine (49 people, 7.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of citalopram hydrobromide and drowsiness on
Do you have Drowsiness while taking Citalopram Hydrobromide?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Citalopram hydrobromide and have Drowsiness
- support group for people who take Citalopram hydrobromide
- support group for people who have Drowsiness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Seroquel Xr for a 47-year old man with Schizoaffective Disorder. The patient has Drowsiness, Diarrhea Associated With Medications
- A study of drug interactions between Imitrex, Celexa, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Beyaz for a 30-year old woman with Migraine, Anxiety, Birth Control. The patient has Severe Migraines, Constant Feeling Of Motion
- A study of side effects of Fentanyl-100 for a 76-year old man with Pain. The patient has Sleepy, Fatigue - Chronic (long feeling of tiredness)
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Valproic Acid for a 45-year old man with Epilepsy. The patient has Sleepy
- A study of side effects of Cellcept for a 21-year old woman with Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura. The patient has Chills (felling of cold), Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Sweating - Excessive (abnormally increased sweating), Fever, Sleepiness (excess sleeping), Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (feeling of tiredness), Diarrhoea, Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
Recent Citalopram hydrobromide related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Quetiapine Fumarate, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 28-year old man who has George
- Comparions of Celexa, Prozac for a 41-year old man who has Stress And Anxiety
- Comparions of Escitalopram, Celexa, Effexor for a 22-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Omeprazole, Lamotrigine for a 41-year old woman who has Temporal Lobe Nocturnal Epilepsy, Underactive Thyroid, IBS,depression, GERD
- Comparions of Rabeprazole, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 61-year old woman who has Generalised Anxiety Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.