Review: could Citalopram hydrobromide cause Eye pain?
Summary: Eye pain is found among people who take Citalopram hydrobromide, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Gabapentin, and have Breast cancer.
We study 23,305 people who have side effects while taking Citalopram hydrobromide from FDA and social media. Among them, 59 have Eye pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Eye pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Citalopram hydrobromide and have Eye pain >>>
Citalopram hydrobromide has active ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 24,930 Citalopram hydrobromide users)
Eye pain has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, glaucoma, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression. (latest reports from 13,631 Eye pain patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 23,305 people reported to have side effects when taking Citalopram hydrobromide. Among them, 59 people (0.25%) have Eye Pain.
Time on Citalopram hydrobromide when people have Eye pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Eye pain||33.33%||66.67%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Eye pain when taking Citalopram hydrobromide * :
|Eye pain||0.00%||0.00%||3.85%||0.00%||7.69%||11.54%||63.46%||13.46% |
Severity of Eye pain when taking Citalopram hydrobromide ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Eye pain||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Eye pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Eye pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (20 people, 33.90%)
- Hypercalcaemia (20 people, 33.90%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (20 people, 33.90%)
- Depression (14 people, 23.73%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (5 people, 8.47%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Gabapentin (26 people, 44.07%)
- Omeprazole (23 people, 38.98%)
- Nexium (22 people, 37.29%)
- Lipitor (22 people, 37.29%)
- Simvastatin (22 people, 37.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of citalopram hydrobromide and eye pain on
Do you have Eye Pain while taking Citalopram Hydrobromide?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Citalopram hydrobromide and have Eye Pain
- support group for people who take Citalopram hydrobromide
- support group for people who have Eye Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Promethazine Hydrochloride And Codeine Phosphate, Pravachol, Protonix, Cozaar, Celexa, Coreg, Symbicort, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Albuterol Sulfate for a 71-year old woman with Cough, Hypercholesterolemia, Gerd, Cardiac Disorder, Depression, Dyspnea. The patient has Pancytopenia
- A study of drug interactions between Naproxen Sodium And Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Celexa for a 42-year old woman with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Anxiety. The patient has Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Anxiety And Stress
- A study of drug interactions between Celexa, Clonazepam, Valproic Acid for a 33-year old man with Bipolar Disorder, Panic Disorder. The patient has Impaired Memory, Memory Impairment, Disturbance In Attention, Cognitive Deterioration
- A study of drug interactions between Penicillin, Clonazepam, Alesse, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 26-year old woman with Pericoronitis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Birth Control, Major Depression. The patient has Swollen Lymph Nodes, Fever, Swallowing Difficulty, Pericoronitis, Swelling Face
- A study of side effects of Celexa for a 53-year old woman with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood. The patient has Repeated Nightmares (repeated bad dreams)
Recent Citalopram hydrobromide related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Rabeprazole, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 61-year old woman who has Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Buspar, Celexa, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Lamictal, Celexa for a 41-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Metformin, Klonopin, Celexa, Clozapine for a 55-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Chantix, Buspar, Celexa for a 37-year old woman who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.