Home > Citalopram hydrobromide > Tardive dyskinesia > Citalopram hydrobromide and Tardive dyskinesia
Review: could Citalopram hydrobromide cause Tardive dyskinesia?
Summary: Tardive dyskinesia is found among people who take Citalopram hydrobromide, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Metoclopramide, and have Depression.
We study 23,252 people who have side effects while taking Citalopram hydrobromide from FDA and social media. Among them, 76 have Tardive dyskinesia. Find out below who they are, when they have Tardive dyskinesia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Citalopram hydrobromide and have Tardive dyskinesia >>>
Citalopram hydrobromide (latest outcomes from 24,888 users) has active ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide. It is often used in depression.
Tardive dyskinesia (a disorder that involves involuntary movements) (latest reports from 23,204 patients) has been reported by people with indigestion, abdominal distension, bipolar disorder, depression, gastrointestinal disorder.
On Nov, 28, 2014: 23,252 people reported to have side effects when taking Citalopram hydrobromide. Among them, 76 people (0.33%) have Tardive Dyskinesia.
Time on Citalopram hydrobromide when people have Tardive dyskinesia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Tardive dyskinesia||60.00%||0.00%||10.00%||0.00%||20.00%||0.00%||10.00% |
Age of people who have Tardive dyskinesia when taking Citalopram hydrobromide * :
|Tardive dyskinesia||3.45%||0.00%||0.00%||17.24%||6.90%||24.14%||6.90%||41.38% |
Severity of Tardive dyskinesia when taking Citalopram hydrobromide ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Tardive dyskinesia||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Tardive dyskinesia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Tardive dyskinesia||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (29 people, 38.16%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (5 people, 6.58%)
- Bipolar disorder (5 people, 6.58%)
- Schizophrenia (4 people, 5.26%)
- Major depression (3 people, 3.95%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Metoclopramide (22 people, 28.95%)
- Albuterol (13 people, 17.11%)
- Lisinopril (13 people, 17.11%)
- Aspirin (12 people, 15.79%)
- Clonazepam (11 people, 14.47%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tardive Dyskinesia while taking Citalopram Hydrobromide?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Citalopram hydrobromide and have Tardive Dyskinesia
- support group for people who take Citalopram hydrobromide
- support group for people who have Tardive Dyskinesia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What are effects of psychiatric medications on milk thistle?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Tardive Dyskinesia, and takes Haloperidol)
I have schizophrenia and I take all the modern drugs to combat - including haldol, risperidone, and generic seroquel. I was just wondering because of a bloated stomach would milk thistle interact with these medications. I just heard it was good for you. 'educated theory', non-publicized by me, both ...
- Can ciliapram cause emphysemia
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Emphysema, 60 Mg A Day For 13 Years, and takes Citalopram Hydrobromide)
CAN IT CAUSE EMPHASEMIA
- What could be causing eye pain and headacne and bright glaring light on the right side only?
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Occular Migraine, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Lunesta, Trental, Fosinopril Sodium, Ativan, Celexa, Simvastatin, Neurontin, Lortab, Combivent Respimat)
Senitive to light, can't spend long on computer or cell phone. Diagnosed with anklylosing spondylosis
- Memory loss& confusion
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Loss Of Memory, and takes Celexa)
I can not remember the majority or most of my past.I am very,very confused about things or stuff that I used to know everything about
- I am a 45 year old female who from missuri. i have suffered from a severe anxiety disorder since i was 25. i was misdiagnoowith bipolar disorder. it has creat
(Asked by a 46 year old woman who has Severe Anxiety, Insomnia, Gastritis, Racing Irrational Thoughts, and takes Celexa, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Xanax)
A traumatic event occured when I was 19 and brought me the point of seeking "professional" psychiatric help only to suffer a misdiagnosis for 20 years. I turned to self medication until recently. Now my anxiety has left me with a hyper sensitive histamine production, 24/7 fight or flight mode, insom ...
More questions for: Citalopram hydrobromide, Tardive dyskinesia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Citalopram seizures in my 13 year old daughter
(Posted by a 13 year old girl who has Seizure - Generalized, and takes Citalopram Hydrobromide)
My daughter just turned 13. Her Father died last year and she was having trouble dealing with it so her doctor put her on 20 mil of citalopram once a day. She started feeling better in about a week. About 30 days later she had a severe seizure and quit breathing. I did CPR and got her breathing agai ...
- Long-term use of risperidone and antidepressants
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Progesterone Decreased, Adrenal Insufficiency, Bipolar 2, and takes Progesterone, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Risperdal)
I have been using Risperdal and antidepressants for 14 years for bipolar disorder. Last month I was diagnosed with adrenal insufficiency and progesterone deficiency. My cholesterol suddenly became high, I was tired all the time and more symptoms relating to my eventual diagnosis of adrenal insuffic ...
- Chills associated with ibuprophen
(Posted by a 69 year old man who has Persistent Chills., and takes Desloratadine, Celexa, Codeine, Fiorinal W/codeine, Cialis, Proscar, Flomax, Wellbutrin)
I generally respond well to medication. I am a senior who has chronic pain from a c1-c2 fusion. Codeine works well, and I don't use a lot. Still, I sought alternatives to opiates for nerve pain. I lice in a colder climate. It took me quite a while to associate susceptibility to becoming chilled w ...
- Intuniv and tardive dyskenesia
(Posted by a 13 year old girl who has Tardive Dyskinesia, and takes Intuniv)
My daughter has autism and hyperactivity. She was treated with Intuniv for about 2 years. She developed tardive dyskenesia. I am currently in the process of finding ways to treat it. I have tried Zantac, baclofen, no treatment. so far those have not helped. I am going to try vitamin B6 now in ...
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Steroid Dependent Asthmatic, and takes Proair Hfa, Albuterol Sulfate, Norco, Omeprazole, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Zolpidem Tartrate, Prednisone)
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has b ...
More reviews for: Citalopram hydrobromide, Tardive dyskinesia
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin Xl, Celexa for a patient with Depression. The patient has Anger
Comments: was on 10 mg Celexa which was increased 1 week ago to 20 mg due to high levels of stress in workplace. 7 days into increased dose experienced high level of anger in workplace due to stressful conditions.
- A study of side effects of Citalopram Hydrobromide for a patient with Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension. The patient has Eyelid Function Disorder
Comments: When waking unable to spontaneously open my eye's, I try as normal but no response. Usually affects left eye but now both. I have to physically open my eyelid with my fingers, almost like my eyelids have forgotten how to respond.
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Levoxyl, Alprazolam, Celexa, Abilify for a patient with Chronic Pain, Adult Hypothyroidism, Stress And Anxiety, Depression, Major Depression With Psychotic Features. The patient has Obsessive Thoughts, Compulsive Hair Pulling, Weight Gain, Compulsive Shopping
Comments: I take 20 milligrams of Abilify with 20 mg. of celexa at night with Alprazolam throughout the day and at night to help me sleep. Since taking abilify over the past 10 years I have gained weight that I can't lose, I am always buying lottery tickets, and want to go to gamble obsessively. I also have c ...
- A study of side effects of Celexa for a patient with Panic Attacks. The patient has Low Back Pain
Comments: I was given Celexa 10mg to take daily by Doctor, after 1.5 years I started developing lower back pain followed by bloody urine at times. I stopped taking it and back pain went away and no more bloody urine. After 2.5 months my anxiety started to come back and afraid of the Celexa, I took my Xanax 0. ...
- A study of drug interactions between Butrans, Pantoprazole, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Celexa, Topiramate, Roxicodone for a patient with Chronic Pain From Herniated Disks, Hiatal Hernea Symptoms: Acid Reflux, Depression, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Chronic Pain. The patient has Hernia - Hiatal, Constipation, Heartburn - Chronic, Abdominal Bloating, Abdominal Pain
Comments: I was diagnosed with hiatal hernea 5 years ago via an endoscopy, which was done due to chronic complaints of the feeling of choking on "a ball of phlem in my throat", which turned out to be acid due to hernea. I have been taking pantoprazole nightly since then and it helps immensely. I have acid i ...
More related studies for: Citalopram hydrobromide, Tardive dyskinesia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Gabapentin and Ischaemic Stroke
- Mexiletine and Marijuana
- Numbness And Tingling and Ibuprofen
- Bph and Imipramine - Serum
- Can carafate causa a false negative for opiate and clonazepam?
I was in the hospital foe 15 days for acute pancreatitis, ... (39 minutes ago)
- What type of seizure do people have using clonidine
My son has been having drop seizures & i believe the Cloni ... (4 hours ago)
- Has anyone had neck paine after taking yervoy? my cancer doctor has said it has not relatin to my treatment but i'm not so sure.
I finished with yervoy treatment about 2 months ago. I hav ... (6 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few ... (2 days ago)
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (3 days ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (3 days ago)