Review: could Citalopram hydrobromide cause Urinary incontinence?
Summary: Urinary incontinence is found among people who take Citalopram hydrobromide, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Alprazolam, and have Depression.
We study 23,305 people who have side effects while taking Citalopram hydrobromide from FDA and social media. Among them, 121 have Urinary incontinence. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary incontinence and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Citalopram hydrobromide and have Urinary incontinence >>>
Citalopram hydrobromide has active ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 24,930 Citalopram hydrobromide users)
Urinary incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain. (latest reports from 18,523 Urinary incontinence patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 23,305 people reported to have side effects when taking Citalopram hydrobromide. Among them, 122 people (0.52%) have Urinary Incontinence.
Time on Citalopram hydrobromide when people have Urinary incontinence * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary incontinence||46.15%||38.46%||7.69%||0.00%||7.69%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Urinary incontinence when taking Citalopram hydrobromide * :
|Urinary incontinence||0.00%||4.13%||5.79%||5.79%||4.13%||21.49%||28.93%||29.75% |
Severity of Urinary incontinence when taking Citalopram hydrobromide ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Urinary incontinence||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Urinary incontinence ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Urinary incontinence||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (22 people, 18.03%)
- Breast cancer (21 people, 17.21%)
- Hypercalcaemia (20 people, 16.39%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (20 people, 16.39%)
- Bipolar disorder (10 people, 8.20%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Alprazolam (36 people, 29.51%)
- Gabapentin (30 people, 24.59%)
- Mirtazapine (28 people, 22.95%)
- Simvastatin (28 people, 22.95%)
- Nexium (25 people, 20.49%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of citalopram hydrobromide and urinary incontinence on
Do you have Urinary Incontinence while taking Citalopram Hydrobromide?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Citalopram hydrobromide and have Urinary Incontinence
- support group for people who take Citalopram hydrobromide
- support group for people who have Urinary Incontinence
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Losartan Potassium, Simvastatin, Baclofen for a 51-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Fear Of Eating, Uncontrollable Urination, Sudden Onset Of Sleep
- A study of drug interactions between Promethazine Hydrochloride And Codeine Phosphate, Pravachol, Protonix, Cozaar, Celexa, Coreg, Symbicort, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Albuterol Sulfate for a 71-year old woman with Cough, Hypercholesterolemia, Gerd, Cardiac Disorder, Depression, Dyspnea. The patient has Pancytopenia
- A study of drug interactions between Naproxen Sodium And Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Celexa for a 42-year old woman with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Anxiety. The patient has Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Anxiety And Stress
- A study of drug interactions between Celexa, Clonazepam, Valproic Acid for a 33-year old man with Bipolar Disorder, Panic Disorder. The patient has Impaired Memory, Memory Impairment, Disturbance In Attention, Cognitive Deterioration
- A study of side effects of Bactrim Ds for a 31-year old woman with Infection. The patient has Incontinence - Urinary (involuntary leakage of urine)
Recent Citalopram hydrobromide related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Buspar, Celexa, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Lamictal, Celexa for a 41-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Metformin, Klonopin, Celexa, Clozapine for a 55-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Chantix, Buspar, Celexa for a 37-year old woman who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Celexa, Cymbalta for a 88-year old woman who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.