Review: could Citalopram hydrobromide cause Urinary incontinence?
Summary: Urinary incontinence is found among people who take Citalopram hydrobromide, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Alprazolam, and have Depression.
We study 23,265 people who have side effects while taking Citalopram hydrobromide from FDA and social media. Among them, 121 have Urinary incontinence. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary incontinence and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Citalopram hydrobromide and have Urinary incontinence >>>
Citalopram hydrobromide has active ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Citalopram hydrobromide 24,896 users)
Urinary incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain.(latest reports from Urinary incontinence 18,495 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 23,252 people reported to have side effects when taking Citalopram hydrobromide. Among them, 122 people (0.52%) have Urinary Incontinence.
Time on Citalopram hydrobromide when people have Urinary incontinence * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary incontinence||46.15%||38.46%||7.69%||0.00%||7.69%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Urinary incontinence when taking Citalopram hydrobromide * :
|Urinary incontinence||0.00%||4.13%||5.79%||5.79%||4.13%||21.49%||28.93%||29.75% |
Severity of Urinary incontinence when taking Citalopram hydrobromide ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Urinary incontinence||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Urinary incontinence ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Urinary incontinence||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (22 people, 18.03%)
- Breast cancer (21 people, 17.21%)
- Hypercalcaemia (20 people, 16.39%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (20 people, 16.39%)
- Bipolar disorder (10 people, 8.20%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Alprazolam (36 people, 29.51%)
- Gabapentin (30 people, 24.59%)
- Mirtazapine (28 people, 22.95%)
- Simvastatin (28 people, 22.95%)
- Nexium (25 people, 20.49%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Urinary Incontinence while taking Citalopram Hydrobromide?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Citalopram hydrobromide and have Urinary Incontinence
- support group for people who take Citalopram hydrobromide
- support group for people who have Urinary Incontinence
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can ciliapram cause emphysemia (1 answer)
CAN IT CAUSE EMPHASEMIA
- What could be causing eye pain and headacne and bright glaring light on the right side only?
Senitive to light, can't spend long on computer or cell phone. Diagnosed with anklylosing spondylosis
- Memory loss& confusion
I can not remember the majority or most of my past.I am very,very confused about things or stuff that I used to know everything about
- I am a 45 year old female who from missuri. i have suffered from a severe anxiety disorder since i was 25. i was misdiagnoowith bipolar disorder. it has creat (2 answers)
A traumatic event occured when I was 19 and brought me the point of seeking "professional" psychiatric help only to suffer a misdiagnosis for 20 years. I turned to self medication until recently. Now my anxiety has left me with a hyper sensitive histamine production, 24/7 fight or flight mode, insomnia, gastritis, and an irrational thought process. COG behavior therapy is my last hope. What medicines are available for me to stop the maddening cycle of thoughts long enough to be taught the tools to address the root cause of fear and change my behavior?
- Could this drug cause periodontal bone loss, bone loss around teeth (4 answers)
Do you suffer from periodontal bone loss or periodontal disease, or bone loss around teeth after taking this drug? Are your sodium levels low after taking this drug? I am a dentist and keep my teeth plaque free, but have had periodontal bone loss for which, I believe, must be drug related.
More questions for: Citalopram hydrobromide, Urinary incontinence
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Citalopram seizures in my 13 year old daughter
My daughter just turned 13. Her Father died last year and she was having trouble dealing with it so her doctor put her on 20 mil of citalopram once a day. She started feeling better in about a week. About 30 days later she had a severe seizure and quit breathing. I did CPR and got her breathing again and the paramedics took her to the hospital. After an MRI and EEG they sent her home and said keep an eye on her. She had about 6 seizures all together. I wouldn't let her out of my sight. Finally on her last trip to the hospital after having a seizure I again asked could it be the meds and the ER doc said yes so we took her off of it and no more seizures. It's been 4 weeks now and I'm hopeful that we found the problem. My daughter had never had any health problems... Be very careful what kind of meds you put your children on. Thank God she was home with me that night.
- Long-term use of risperidone and antidepressants
I have been using Risperdal and antidepressants for 14 years for bipolar disorder. Last month I was diagnosed with adrenal insufficiency and progesterone deficiency. My cholesterol suddenly became high, I was tired all the time and more symptoms relating to my eventual diagnosis of adrenal insufficiency and progesterone deficiency. I must also say that at the same time of starting treatment I stopped using birth control pills. I feel there needs to be caution taken in all of these drugs. They seem to have a severe effect on hormone balance in the body.
- Chills associated with ibuprophen (1 response)
I generally respond well to medication. I am a senior who has chronic pain from a c1-c2 fusion. Codeine works well, and I don't use a lot. Still, I sought alternatives to opiates for nerve pain. I lice in a colder climate. It took me quite a while to associate susceptibility to becoming chilled with Ibuprophen. I thought it was age and/or the weather. Perhaps these are factors; but it happens every time I use Ibuprophen. I share this hoping it can help others.
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has been down hill.Prednisone worked great at first but then it starts to destroy the body.Had nasal passage surgery(waste of time)have broken many ribs from coughing.painful.when you are on prednisone your body takes 3-5 times longer to heal.craked tailbone from a slip. have seen over 12 doctors.reasonable gueswork. My best doc which is mine says do you want to suffocate to death or let your body try and fix itself if it can. im not for suffocation at all. Just a good medicine to counter the angriness of the steroid. Any ideas i am all ears. oh ya my eyes are starting to go and my joints as well
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects (1 response)
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sleep returned to normal. His kidneys also recovered, and he regained the ability to control urination. About a year after that, he was arrested for downloading child pornography, and I haven't spoken to him since. I'm not suggesting that Effexor caused him to become a pedophile, but it has been noted to produce personality changes in some users. It would be hard to ascertain whether any or all of these side effects resulted from the drug, but I would NEVER take it or allow anyone I cared about to do so. He had never exhibited any such symptoms before taking it, and I feel it ruined his life on many levels.
More reviews for: Citalopram hydrobromide, Urinary incontinence
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Bleeding symptoms reduce when off medication for nearly a week. Blood clot type content in loose stool (liquid). blood ranges from very dark to bright in same movement. Amount of blood is concern. There is pain and firm area in between upper pelvic and lower abdomen area that disappears after moveme ...
- I get a dull headache in back of head, right side. Not sharp pain. Headache cause dizziness and sensitivity to sound. Woke up with tenderness from near jawbone done to throat area. Vein along this area feels tender and possibly swollen.
- was on 10 mg Celexa which was increased 1 week ago to 20 mg due to high levels of stress in workplace. 7 days into increased dose experienced high level of anger in workplace due to stressful conditions.
- I am on 400mg lamictal and 100mg Zoloft. And 50mg trazadone for sleep. The last 3 months I have urinary incontenance. And sudden urges ti pee. Uaually can't make it ro the bathroom. I am a healthy 29 year ols. Also, I used baby wipes several times to wipe after uaingthe bathroom. The wipes were reca ...
- When waking unable to spontaneously open my eye's, I try as normal but no response. Usually affects left eye but now both. I have to physically open my eyelid with my fingers, almost like my eyelids have forgotten how to respond.
More related studies for: Citalopram hydrobromide, Urinary incontinence
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.