Home > Clarithromycin > Cardiotoxicity > Clarithromycin and Cardiotoxicity
Review: could Clarithromycin cause Cardiotoxicity?
We study 12,672 people who have side effects while taking Clarithromycin from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Cardiotoxicity. Find out below who they are, when they have Cardiotoxicity and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Clarithromycin and have Cardiotoxicity >>>
Clarithromycin (latest outcomes from 13,223 users) has active ingredients of clarithromycin. It is often used in sinusitis.
Cardiotoxicity (damage to the heart muscle) (latest reports from 4,771 patients) has been reported by people with breast cancer, breast cancer metastatic, non-hodgkin's lymphoma, depression, multiple myeloma.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 12,672 people reported to have side effects when taking Clarithromycin. Among them, 5 people (0.04%) have Cardiotoxicity.
Time on Clarithromycin when people have Cardiotoxicity * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Cardiotoxicity when taking Clarithromycin * :
Age of people who have Cardiotoxicity when taking Clarithromycin * :
Severity of Cardiotoxicity when taking Clarithromycin ** :
How people recovered from Cardiotoxicity ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Lower respiratory tract infection (5 people, 100.00%)
- Depression (5 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Paroxetine hcl (5 people, 100.00%)
- Theophylline (5 people, 100.00%)
- Antacid tab (2 people, 40.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cardiotoxicity while taking Clarithromycin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Clarithromycin and have Cardiotoxicity
- support group for people who take Clarithromycin
- support group for people who have Cardiotoxicity
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Clarithromycin, Cardiotoxicity
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Clarithromycin hallucinations and nightmares.
Auditory hallucinations, nightmares and delirium more so at night.
- Clarithromycin and vision
Within hour of taking first dose, flashing phenomena commenced in both eyes. Plus ringing in the ears. Continued to worsen over 60 minutes. Then disappeared but onset of severe headache, which has continued. I have in history of migraine.
12 hours later, have sore eyes and neck (similar to with ...
More reviews for: Clarithromycin, Cardiotoxicity
On eHealthMe, Clarithromycin (clarithromycin) is often used for sinusitis. Find out below the conditions Clarithromycin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Clarithromycin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Clarithromycin, Cardiotoxicity
Recent Clarithromycin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Clarithromycin, Augmentin '250' for a 32-year old woman who has Strep Throat
- Comparions of Clindamycin Phosphate, Clarithromycin for a 30-year old woman who has Infection
- Comparions of Erythromycin, Clarithromycin for a 50-year old woman who has Sinus Infection
- Comparions of Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Atenolol, Hytrin, Clarithromycin for a 68-year old man who has Flu
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Clarithromycin for a 68-year old woman who has Upper Respiratory Tract Infection
- Comparions of Motrin (Mcneil Ped) - 800MG, Doxycycline Hyclate (Mutual Pharm) - EQ 100MG BASE, Clarithromycin (Sandoz) - 500MG for a 52-year old man who has Mycobacterium Fortuitum Infection
- Comparions of Ceftin (Glaxosmithkline) - EQ 250MG BASE, Septra Ds (Monarch Pharms) - 800MG;160MG, Elavil (Astrazeneca) - 10MG, Biaxin (Abbott) - 500MG for a 56-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Clarithromycin (Wockhardt) - 500MG, Levofloxacin (Mylan) - 500MG for a 32-year old woman who has Helicobacter Pylori Infection
- Comparions of Clarithromycin (Wockhardt) - 500MG, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride (Perrigo) - 120MG for a 64-year old woman who has Sinusitis Bacterial
- Comparions of Ethambutol Hydrochloride, Mycobutin, Clarithromycin (Sandoz) - 500MG for a 63-year old woman who has Microbacterium Avium Complex
More related comparison studies for: Clarithromycin, Cardiotoxicity
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (15 minutes ago)
- Compare Ambien Cr and Adderall Xr 20 and Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman (39 minutes ago)
- Doxycycline for a 25-year old man who has Acne-like Skin Bumps (52 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
- Escitalopram and Burning Sensation
- Burning Sensation and Depression
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (5 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (8 hours ago)
- Disturbance In Sexual Arousal
- Helicobacter Pylori Associated Gastrointestinal Disease