Review: could Clarithromycin cause Diabetes mellitus (Diabetes)?
Summary: Diabetes mellitus is found among people who take Clarithromycin, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lamivudine, and have Hiv infection.
We study 12,674 people who have side effects while taking Clarithromycin from FDA and social media. Among them, 88 have Diabetes mellitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Diabetes mellitus and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Clarithromycin and have Diabetes mellitus >>>
Clarithromycin has active ingredients of clarithromycin. It is often used in sinusitis. (view latest outcomes from 13,225 users)
Diabetes mellitus (diabetes, caused by a deficiency of the pancreatic hormone insulin) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, high blood pressure, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Diabetes mellitus 137,876 patients)
On Dec, 16, 2014: 12,674 people reported to have side effects when taking Clarithromycin. Among them, 88 people (0.69%) have Diabetes Mellitus.
Time on Clarithromycin when people have Diabetes mellitus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Diabetes mellitus||22.58%||38.71%||0.00%||22.58%||12.90%||3.23%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Diabetes mellitus when taking Clarithromycin * :
|Diabetes mellitus||35.79%||64.21% |
Age of people who have Diabetes mellitus when taking Clarithromycin * :
|Diabetes mellitus||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.12%||10.94%||35.94%||15.62%||34.38% |
Severity of Diabetes mellitus when taking Clarithromycin ** :
How people recovered from Diabetes mellitus ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hiv infection (37 people, 42.05%)
- Opportunistic infection prophylaxis (16 people, 18.18%)
- Schizophrenia (15 people, 17.05%)
- Depression (9 people, 10.23%)
- Diabetes mellitus (8 people, 9.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lamivudine (27 people, 30.68%)
- Norvir (27 people, 30.68%)
- Abacavir sulfate (22 people, 25.00%)
- Prednisolone (21 people, 23.86%)
- Pentamidine isethionate (17 people, 19.32%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diabetes Mellitus while taking Clarithromycin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Clarithromycin and have Diabetes Mellitus
- support group for people who take Clarithromycin
- support group for people who have Diabetes Mellitus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Could prilosec cause an elevated blood sugar
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has DIABETES, and takes Metformin, Prilosec)
I've been on Prilosec for about 1 month & my blood sugars have been elevated starting shortly after I started on it. could Prilosec be causing it? Nothing else has changed with my meds or lifestyle.
- Dabigatran,rivaroxaban, apixaban (eliquis) or aspirin - which is most suitable for a patient with af (atrial fibrilation), left subdural hematoma, right ischemic stroke with hemorehagic transformation
(Asked by a 82 year old woman who has Thyroid Disorder, Ischemic CVA Stroke With Hemorrhagic Transformation, Chronic Subdural Hematoma (Left), High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Atrial Fibrillation)
My grandmother have Atrial Fibrillation (AF) and suffered a ischemic CVA stroke with hemorrhagic transformation on right brain this week. She also had left sudural hematoma for some time now, due to which Asprin (ecospirin-75) that she was taking because of her AF was stopped and I believe that stop ...
- Am allergic to erythromicyan my doctor gave me clarithromycain she knew this but said try them, am scared what should i do
(Asked by a 63 year old woman who has Bronchiectasis, and takes Clarithromycin)
am allergic to Erythromycin and was given Clarthromycin by my doctor who knows my history, when I questioned her she said try it but I am to scared
- Will the herb hca in garcinia cambogia cause liver damage or in cases be fatal
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Diabetes, Hypothyroidism, and takes Janumet)
I take synthroid once a day for my diabetes im on insulin at bedtime and the janumet twice daily. will the garcinia cambogia xt interfere with my meds. also I read from a consumers on health that the HCA in the supplement could damage the liver and in one was fatal. do yu think I should be taking t ...
- Does metformin contain benzos
(Asked by a 59 year old man who has Diabetes, and takes Metformin)
does metformin contain benzos this relaiting to a drug test that showed bezos in the urine sample i do not take this drug why did it show can please explain i also take other blood presur tablets can you please inlight me on the the subject of benzos and metfomin
More questions for: Clarithromycin, Diabetes mellitus
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Clarithromycin hallucinations and nightmares.
(Posted by a 33 year old woman who has Mucosal Inflammation, and takes Clarithromycin)
Auditory hallucinations, nightmares and delirium more so at night.
- Prednisone induced cushing's syndrome
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Steroid Myopathy, Osteopenia, Diabetes, Peripheral Neuropathy , Cushing's Syndrome - Steroid Induced, and takes Prednisone)
Prescribed Prednisone 20mg twice daily. Took for six weeks and developed weaken muscles and swollen face. Was hospitalized and informed I had severe Cushing's Syndrome. Host of problems included glucose over 400, inflammed pancreas, triglycerides over 4,000 and vision problems. Muscles were wast ...
- Clarithromycin and vision
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Sinusitis Bacterial, Upper Respiratory Tract Infection,, and takes Clarithromycin)
Within hour of taking first dose, flashing phenomena commenced in both eyes. Plus ringing in the ears. Continued to worsen over 60 minutes. Then disappeared but onset of severe headache, which has continued. I have in history of migraine.
12 hours later, have sore eyes and neck (similar to with ...
More reviews for: Clarithromycin, Diabetes mellitus
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Potassium Gluconate, Butrans, Androgel, Viibryd, Livalo, Tribenzor, Nexium, Metformin, Lantus, Atenolol, Lovaza, Allopurinol for a patient with General Physical Health Deterioration, General Physical Condition, Muscle Weakness, Pain, Testosterone, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Gerd, Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Sugar, Gout. The patient has Diabetes Mellitus, Erectile Dysfunction, Peripheral Neuropathy
Comments: Concern about allopurinol having exacerbated peripheral neuropathy
Also concerned about drugs and their interactions causing ED if I stop taking blood pressure meds incidence of ED is reduced considerably.
- A study of drug interactions between Rifampin, Ethambutol Hydrochloride, Clarithromycin for a patient with Tuberculosis Test Positive. The patient has Headache, Weight Gain - Unintentional
daily constant headache
continuing cyanosis (nobody seems to tell me why....!)
bloating of tummy area and waistline
swollen and tender breasts (at sides)
severe acid reflux
tingling / burning sensation in my fee ...
- A study of drug interactions between Methamphetamine Hydrochloride, Strattera, Ritalin, Phentermine, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Zorvolex, Olanzapine, Seroquel Xr, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Perindopril Erbumine, Lamotrigine, Mirtazapine for a patient with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Obesity, Insomnia, Arthritis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Bipolar 1, Major Depressive Disorder, Tachycardia, Sleeplessness, Diabetes, Obesity, Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder, Insomnia, Generalised Anxiety Disorder
Comments: i'm pretty much the most comlex case 4 psychiatrists, 3 psychologists, a nuero scientist/adult mood disorder specialised doctor, 3 gp's, 2 naturopaths and an adhd specialist have ever come accross. i'm basically a pharmacy on legs with over 32types of medications tried in 13 months including those i ...
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotic, Zyrtec, Prilosec, Clarithromycin, Metronidazole for a patient with Balance Disorder, Antihistamine, Stomach Flu, Helicobacter Pylori. The patient has Pulsating Sound In Ear.
Comments: The pulsating is not in rhythm with my heartbeat. It is fast and random beats. It is not constant. It is worse at night and if laying on the couch watching tv. Putting pressure and massaging right behind the ear and on the neck seem to help temporarily but returns after removing pressure. This has ...
- A study of drug interactions between Biaxin, Bactrim Ds for a patient with Lyme Disease - Chronic Persistent. The patient has Dysphagia
Comments: Also have Bartonella. Probably having a herxheimer reaction.
Dysphalgia has been intermittent and infrequent, but episodes last for several days.
Begins suddenly, rather than getting progressively worse.
Can swallow liquids (including thick ones like milkshakes) without trouble, but solid ...
More related studies for: Clarithromycin, Diabetes mellitus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.