Review: could Clarithromycin cause Fatigue?
Summary: Fatigue is found among people who take Clarithromycin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pneumonia.
We study 12,681 people who have side effects while taking Clarithromycin from FDA and social media. Among them, 343 have Fatigue. Find out below who they are, when they have Fatigue and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Clarithromycin and have Fatigue >>>
Clarithromycin has active ingredients of clarithromycin. It is often used in sinusitis. (latest outcomes from 13,233 Clarithromycin users)
Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 200,917 Fatigue patients)
On Apr, 13, 2015: 12,681 people reported to have side effects when taking Clarithromycin. Among them, 343 people (2.70%) have Fatigue.
Time on Clarithromycin when people have Fatigue * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Fatigue when taking Clarithromycin * :
Age of people who have Fatigue when taking Clarithromycin * :
Severity of Fatigue when taking Clarithromycin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Fatigue ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pneumonia (28 people, 8.16%)
- Hypertension (23 people, 6.71%)
- Asthma (16 people, 4.66%)
- Pain (15 people, 4.37%)
- Sinusitis (15 people, 4.37%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (60 people, 17.49%)
- Digoxin (43 people, 12.54%)
- Amoxicillin (40 people, 11.66%)
- Simvastatin (38 people, 11.08%)
- Furosemide (36 people, 10.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of clarithromycin and fatigue on
Do you have Fatigue while taking Clarithromycin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Clarithromycin and have Fatigue
- support group for people who take Clarithromycin
- support group for people who have Fatigue
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Subutex for a 29-year old man with Dependence. The patient has Fatigue
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine, Perindopril Erbumine for a 66-year old man with Fatigue. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
- A study of side effects of Fragmin for a 59-year old man with Prostatectomy. The patient has Fatigue
- A study of drug interactions between Penicillin-vk, Phentermine, Mirena for a 36-year old woman with Antibiotic Level, Weight Loss, Birth Control. The patient has Muscle Weakness, Low Platelet Count, Sinus Infection, Aches - Leg, Fatigue
- A study of side effects of Clozapine for a 31-year old woman with Psychosis. The patient has Fatigue
Recent Clarithromycin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.