Home > Clarithromycin > Hallucination > Clarithromycin and Hallucination
Review: could Clarithromycin cause Hallucination (Hallucinations)?
Summary: Hallucination is found among people who take Clarithromycin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Relenza, and have Influenza.
We study 12,672 people who have side effects while taking Clarithromycin from FDA and social media. Among them, 133 have Hallucination. Find out below who they are, when they have Hallucination and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Clarithromycin and have Hallucination >>>
Clarithromycin (latest outcomes from 13,224 users) has active ingredients of clarithromycin. It is often used in sinusitis.
Hallucination (an experience involving the perception of something not present) (latest reports from 169,806 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, parkinson's disease, quit smoking.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 12,672 people reported to have side effects when taking Clarithromycin. Among them, 133 people (1.05%) have Hallucination.
Time on Clarithromycin when people have Hallucination * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Hallucination when taking Clarithromycin * :
Age of people who have Hallucination when taking Clarithromycin * :
Severity of Hallucination when taking Clarithromycin ** :
How people recovered from Hallucination ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Influenza (18 people, 13.53%)
- Rhinitis allergic (11 people, 8.27%)
- Sinusitis (11 people, 8.27%)
- Lower respiratory tract infection (8 people, 6.02%)
- Infection (8 people, 6.02%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Relenza (17 people, 12.78%)
- Tamiflu (14 people, 10.53%)
- Amoxicillin (12 people, 9.02%)
- Zyrtec (11 people, 8.27%)
- Omeprazole (11 people, 8.27%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hallucination while taking Clarithromycin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Clarithromycin and have Hallucination
- support group for people who take Clarithromycin
- support group for people who have Hallucination
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Am allergic to erythromicyan my doctor gave me clarithromycain she knew this but said try them, am scared what should i do
(Asked by a 63 year old woman who has Bronchiectasis, and takes Clarithromycin)
am allergic to Erythromycin and was given Clarthromycin by my doctor who knows my history, when I questioned her she said try it but I am to scared
- Is anyone here being treated for h pylori?
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Extreme Weight Loss, Heartburn, Flucuating Appetite, Ainexty, Phobias, Depression, and takes Metronidazole, Clarithromycin, Hydroxyzine, Lansoprazole)
Diagnosed with H-pylori and am challenged with pharmophobia (which is a phobia for taking any kind of medication in any form)also anxiety, and agoraphobia which extends to too many things such as driving, going out alone, chocolate, cherries and the list goes on. Can anyone tell me if they are or ha ...
- Hallucinations from taking clonidine for prolonged period of time
(Asked by a 80 year old woman who has Hallucinations, and takes Clonidine)
My mother has been taking chlonidine for a very long time, dosage of .1 mg 10 pills per day, more than that if blood pressure gets high. She is now in the hospital with severe hallucinations. She thinks someone is watching her and she is paranoid. It is terrible. They have weaned her off of chlo ...
More questions for: Clarithromycin, Hallucination
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Clarithromycin hallucinations and nightmares.
(Posted by a 33 year old woman who has Mucosal Inflammation, and takes Clarithromycin)
Auditory hallucinations, nightmares and delirium more so at night.
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
(Posted by a 33 year old woman who has Hallucination, Visual, Dissociative Identity Disorder, Disturbance In Attention, Dissociative Amnesia, Hypomania, Sexual Dysfunction, Hallucinations, Nightmares, Memory Loss, Memory Impairment, Tremor, Mydriasis, and takes Pristiq)
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on tr ...
- Clarithromycin and vision
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Sinusitis Bacterial, Upper Respiratory Tract Infection,, and takes Clarithromycin)
Within hour of taking first dose, flashing phenomena commenced in both eyes. Plus ringing in the ears. Continued to worsen over 60 minutes. Then disappeared but onset of severe headache, which has continued. I have in history of migraine.
12 hours later, have sore eyes and neck (similar to with ...
(Posted by a 76 year old man who has Hallucinations, and takes Valium)
On the 20th of August 2012 I fell downstairs and broke my left arm/shoulder and ribs. I also had many open cuts from my elbow to my wrist; the whole arm and hand was severely swollen; huge purple marks on arm thigh and chest. These have all healed. However the arm/shoulder has healed out of joint an ...
More reviews for: Clarithromycin, Hallucination
- A study of drug interactions between Rifampin, Ethambutol Hydrochloride, Clarithromycin for a patient with Tuberculosis Test Positive. The patient has Headache, Weight Gain - Unintentional
daily constant headache
continuing cyanosis (nobody seems to tell me why....!)
bloating of tummy area and waistline
swollen and tender breasts (at sides)
severe acid reflux
tingling / burning sensation in my fee ...
- A study of drug interactions between Actifed, Ibuprofen, Paracetamol, Sertraline, Alprazolam for a patient with Allergic Respiratory Disease, Inflammation, Fever, Chronic Depression, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Mental Status Changes, Depression Aggravated, Psychosis Aggravated, Hallucination, Feelings Of Worthlessness, Feeling Of Despair, Dizziness, Psychotic Behaviour, Changes In Consciousness, Irritability, Feeling Of Despair, Confusion Aggravated
Comments: Do not take Actifed (pills) if you're under alprazolam treatment, especially if you're having a high dosis of the benzodiazepine (or if you're being treated for a long time). The psychiatric effects can be devastating and your anxiety disorder and/or depression can get much worse.
Unentencionally ( ...
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Vicodin Es, Alprazolam, Lisinopril for a patient with Nerve Injury, Foraminal Encroachment, Anxiety, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Hallucinations, Rapid Eye Movements Sleep Abnormal, Depression, Confusion
Comments: I have been an gabapentin for ten days. 300 mg the first week and 600 mg the last three days. I absolutely hate it! I have had increasing nightmares or sometimes they are total fantasy type dreams. I watched about two minutes of the queen's jubilee floatilla and the next thing I know, Im haaving ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Ritalin for a patient with Epilepsy, Adhd. The patient has Hallucinations
Comments: My son has been having hallocinations just recently. He is seeing a man and hearing noises. He went to the hospital and had blood test, EEG and an MRI and brain infection and tumour of the brain were ruled out.
Could these be from his lamotrigine? His doctors doesn't think so cause he said i ...
- A study of side effects of Clarithromycin for a patient with Sinus Infection. The patient has
Comments: I am on a second round of clarithromycin XL and last Sunday on Feb. 26, 2012, I had a TIA or minor stroke. It didn't occur to me that this drug may have caused that, but I was amazed at having any kind of stroke. My blood pressure is good and tends to be on the low side. I am not overweight and I do ...
More related studies for: Clarithromycin, Hallucination
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.