Review: could Claritin-d 24 hour cause Kidney failure (Acute kidney failure)?
Summary: Kidney failure is reported only by a few people who take Claritin-d 24 hour.
We study 944 people who have side effects while taking Claritin-d 24 hour from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Kidney failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Kidney failure and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Claritin-d 24 hour and have Kidney failure >>>
Claritin-d 24 hour
Claritin-d 24 hour has active ingredients of loratadine; pseudoephedrine sulfate. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Claritin-d 24 hour 1,175 users)
Kidney failure (loss of kidney function) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, multiple myeloma, pain.(latest reports from Kidney failure 57,594 patients)
On Dec, 7, 2014: 944 people reported to have side effects when taking Claritin-d 24 hour. Among them, 2 people (0.21%) have Kidney Failure.
Time on Claritin-d 24 hour when people have Kidney failure * :
Gender of people who have Kidney failure when taking Claritin-d 24 hour * :
|Kidney failure||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Kidney failure when taking Claritin-d 24 hour * :
|Kidney failure||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Kidney failure when taking Claritin-d 24 hour ** :
How people recovered from Kidney failure ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Insomnia (1 people, 50.00%)
- Hypertension (1 people, 50.00%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (1 people, 50.00%)
- Depression (1 people, 50.00%)
- Diabetes mellitus (1 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Niaspan (1 people, 50.00%)
- Cymbalta (1 people, 50.00%)
- Avandia (1 people, 50.00%)
- Novolog (1 people, 50.00%)
- Ambien (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Kidney Failure while taking Claritin-d 24 Hour?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Claritin-d 24 hour and have Kidney Failure
- support group for people who take Claritin-d 24 hour
- support group for people who have Kidney Failure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My dads side of the family is diabetic and i am the only family member with aa. could they be linked?
My dads side of the family is diabetic, I believe it was his aunt and grandmother that had diabetes. I am the only family member, on either side, that is known to have alopecia areata. I have had it for almost 4 years. Could these things be related?
- Creatinine rising on crestor & causing kidney failure (1 answer)
Husband been on Crestor for 3 years...Creatinine been increasing and he already is a diabetic and been watching his kidney function. Everything I read online points to the Crestor causing Kidney Failure but the doctors REFUSE to listen too us and now he is heading toward dialysis or a Kidney Transplant What do we do??? Just STOP IS. Anyone out there with the same problem.. I know I am correct about this.
- My 10 daughter has a cold and i have given her dimmetap, she is now complaining of allergy symptoms such as itchy, sore eyes. would it make any difference if i have her claratyne as well?
My daughters hay fever symptoms are out weighing her cold and flu symptoms. I have already given her dimatapp which is not really doing much to help either condition. Can I/should I give her claratyne as well?
- What does a methotrexate rash look like? a cytarabine rash? if either of these chemos is responsible for my rash, what does it indicate about appropriate therapies going forward?
Treated for Stage 1 Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma in 2009 and had only 4 courses of Chemo vs the usual 6 due to a rash that showed up on Day 14 of the 4th cycle. At end of treatment and 1 year following PET scan was negative.
Diagnosed in April 2013 with Burkitt Lymphoma. Negative for HIV-AIDS, Epstein-Barr, liver disease. Active nodes on both sides of diaphragm but brain MRI and bone marrow negative. Have received HYPER-CVAD therapy courses 1A, 1B, 2A, and 2B. On day 4 of 2B course showed a flat rash mostly on forearms & lower abdomen with some involvement of chest, neck, and back. Not really itchy but sensitive if rubbed by clothing. No fever. Diarrhea, but diarrhea has followed every chemo course usually starting Day 5 and continuing for 2 or 3 days. So far, doctor has not commented on whether methotrexate, cytarabine, or something else used to treat side effects might be causing the rash, but does say it looks like a drug rash.
On Day 11 of this chemo course my platelets & hemoglobin were low enough to require transfusions of platelets and 2 units of blood. WBC and ANC profoundly low despite having had a Neulasta shot on Day 4.
- Did all of these medications cause kidney failure and liver failure
never had a liver diagnosis, took the celebrex for 1 week, and did not have blood work before subscribed, does any of these medications mixed cause problems?
admitted for fall, discharged one week later to hospice
More questions for: Claritin-d 24 hour, Kidney failure
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Only took this horrid medicine once and it ruined my life!!
I only take this medicine one time and have suffered immensely ever since! I found one other forum were a child had been having seizures in their eyes rolled up after taking it once there's not much warning about this out there but I know I'm not the only one who has suffered greatly after taking this medicine. I now have two neurologists and 2 ENTs but they have still not been able to restore me... this medicine is evil.
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects (1 response)
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sleep returned to normal. His kidneys also recovered, and he regained the ability to control urination. About a year after that, he was arrested for downloading child pornography, and I haven't spoken to him since. I'm not suggesting that Effexor caused him to become a pedophile, but it has been noted to produce personality changes in some users. It would be hard to ascertain whether any or all of these side effects resulted from the drug, but I would NEVER take it or allow anyone I cared about to do so. He had never exhibited any such symptoms before taking it, and I feel it ruined his life on many levels.
More reviews for: Claritin-d 24 hour, Kidney failure
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- It's been happening for about a month now. I only leak if I cough or sneeze hard. Typically even if I've urinated recently if the action is hard enough. Amounts released do very depending on the severity of the action.
- I suffered Renal failure following oral surgery. Had teeth (all) removed due to dry mouth syndrome, and titanium studs (2) placed in lower jaw for dentures.
The Oral surg. prescribed Chlorhexidine Gluconate following surgery.
Approx. 2 weeks after surgery I had to be transported to Hospital by a ...
- I took this drug for a brief time in the second grade. Very soon I started having headaches, water retention, etc. I was taken to the hospital and was in there a week recovering from near kidney failure. Starting in my teen years to the present time I have trouble achieving and maintaining a erectio ...
- I believe the Aleve is leading to my atrial fibrillation. It only happens after taking aleve and submides within 24 hours after taking Aleve. It may be there are other drugs involved (suspect caffeine) but Aleve is the trigger.
- My kindeys worked before the week in the hospital in September 2012, thenafter a week of these drugs that gave be diabetes, needed heparin and insulin, my 24 hr urine spilled over 34,000 units and have been going downhill since. Hospitalized again in October in respiratory failure, BP out of contro ...
More related studies for: Claritin-d 24 hour, Kidney failure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.